2020-2021 Hawaii (Burns)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Congratulations! Did you interview recently or are they starting to release all the admission decisions? Seems a little early to be considered mid March but I am just eager to hear back
Thank you! I had my last interview last week Monday, and I received notification of my file closure last week Tuesday.

Members don't see this ad :)
Do you mind sharing stats?
Np! 514 MCAT, 3.6 cGPA & sGPA (attended a top university for undergrad and did some postbacc work to raise my GPA). I am currently in a science master's program with a 3.97 GPA.

Just an FYI, this is my third time applying, so I am absolutely thrilled and in disbelief still since I got Rs the first two times. Would be more than happy to talk about what I did to improve over pm since I had to do a lot :)

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
Np! 514 MCAT, 3.6 cGPA & sGPA (attended a top university for undergrad and did some postbacc work to raise my GPA). I am currently in a science master's program with a 3.97 GPA.

Just an FYI, this is my third time applying, so I am absolutely thrilled and in disbelief still since I got Rs the first two times. Would be more than happy to talk about what I did to improve over pm since I had to do a lot :)
Did you interview both times?

Did you interview both times?
Yes, I did interview both times! Apparently the first time, my interviews werenʻt the best, but the second time, I scored fairly well on the interviews. There were other aspects of my application that needed to improve though

Long time lurker and first time applicant (IS) I interviewed here (my only interview of the cycle) and I am going a little crazy waiting for the decisions to be released. Anyone else feeling the pressure and what not? There's so few updates here, but I have to believe there are others feeling the same way I am.

• Care
Reactions: 1 user
Long time lurker and first time applicant (IS) I interviewed here (my only interview of the cycle) and I am going a little crazy waiting for the decisions to be released. Anyone else feeling the pressure and what not? There's so few updates here, but I have to believe there are others feeling the same way I am.
While my circumstances are different than yours, namely the fact that im OOS, I can definitely relate to the feelings of apprehension and I am sure there are hundreds of others who can also empathize with us.

• Care
Definitely not alone. OOS so the odds are very slim but very anxious as the time gets closer!

Any idea when the decisions might come out this year? Last year it was 03/13.

• Hmm
Members don't see this ad :)
Seems like the last 2 years, results were released 3/13 and 3/14. Gonna be a nerve-wracking day tomorrow

Looks like match day was 3/20 last year and they released a week before (3/13). Match day is 3/19 this year so if they continue the trends, they should release tomorrow (3/12).

I'd love to see them tomorrow, but I also looked at past threads and it was almost always on a Thursday. I hope it is tomorrow though that would be a relief.

This is from the AAMC Application and Acceptance Protocols - Admission Officers:

"By March 15 of the matriculation year, issue a number of acceptance offers at least equal to the expected number of students in its first-year entering class and report those acceptance actions to AMCAS."

So maybe it is today?

This is from the AAMC Application and Acceptance Protocols - Admission Officers:

"By March 15 of the matriculation year, issue a number of acceptance offers at least equal to the expected number of students in its first-year entering class and report those acceptance actions to AMCAS."

So maybe it is today?

It could be monday as well I think? 🤔

So maybe it is today?

Yeah last year was a Friday so could be! That is just a recommendation and not a hard requirement though

I think JABSOM themselves said they would notify us by the 26th so really its any time in the next two weeks sadly. It's a mystery. Will COVID slow them down or not. Who knows. But the anxiety sure has skyrocketed.

During my interview, I specifically remember Dr. Asano mentioning that decisions were to be released during the 3rd week of March. But who knows really? The previous years’ data are definitely worth consideration

WL, OOS. Looks like there are a lot of us haha

Accepted, IS, I can post all my stats if people want, but I will wait for people to ask because it feels a bit weird without that. This is my only school that I interviewed at, I am hyperventilating and stuff still.

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 5 users
Waitlisted, IS, at 9:31 AM HST. (3.15 cGPA and 521 MCAT - really screwed myself there with the low GPA :rofl: )

Does anyone have an idea about how many people they WL? Can't imagine its too many for the limited number of seats they have. Wonder what WL movement is gonna look like this year.

Accepted, IS, I can post all my stats if people want, but I will wait for people to ask because it feels a bit weird without that. This is my only school that I interviewed at, I am hyperventilating and stuff still.
Obligatory: Congrats!! What were your stats?

I PM'd some people but I really am an open book so I'll share it here too. 512 MCAT, 3.88 cGPA, 3.86 sGPA, high ranking undergrad institution, very strong letters of rec. Veteran, URM, lots of volunteer experience, not a ton of clinical hours, definitely my weakest aspect.

Reactions: 1 users
Waitlisted, IS, at 9:53 AM HST.

Wondering if other waitlisted IS applicants could post their time stamp. Last year it seemed as if people were hopping off waitlist in order of the time stamp. So I suspect emails were sent based on rankings. Not sure though. Was waitlisted last year though :(
I have a feeling this is the case for OOS too. If anyone OOS is open to adding their time stamps, mine was 9:17am HST

Anyone received any decisions recently? I’m starting to be a little impatient and concerned that they won’t release everything today

• Care
I read that people who get accepted receive an email that says "UH JABSOM Acceptance Letter Form" or something like that. Is that true? Or did you get the typical email that says "Final Admissions Decision"?

Waitlisted at 9:12 AM HST. OOS

I read that people who get accepted receive an email that says "UH JABSOM Acceptance Letter Form" or something like that. Is that true? Or did you get the typical email that says "Final Admissions Decision"?
I got the UH JABSOM Acceptance Letter form.

WL IS. Hoping for the best for everyone here! 🤞🏾