2019-2020 Hawaii (Burns)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just got a request from their financial aid office , but I’m wondering if they sent that to all applicants?

Just got a request from their fin aid office too...what does this mean

Members don't see this ad.

Just got a request from their financial aid office , but I’m wondering if they sent that to all applicants?
Also got the request this morning. I think it's because I submitted my fafsa to them though.

I submitted my FAFSA also for the school but havent gotten a request. What are they asking for?

Members don't see this ad :)
I submitted my FAFSA also for the school but havent gotten a request. What are they asking for?
It might be manually sent because I got mine a couple of days after op. It says I have outstanding requirements, I haven't been able to log on to check what that means yet since I'm at work but I'll update later!

After submitting financial aid stuff months ago I got an email from fin aid office saying they’ve received it but they’re not processing it until they “receive verification I’ve been admitted to an aid eligible program” aka get admitted. But just got the request this morning saying I have outstanding requirements...so does that mean they’ve processed it ?? So confusing and such a tease!

Reactions: 1 user
After submitting financial aid stuff months ago I got an email from fin aid office saying they’ve received it but they’re not processing it until they “receive verification I’ve been admitted to an aid eligible program” aka get admitted. But just got the request this morning saying I have outstanding requirements...so does that mean they’ve processed it ?? So confusing and such a tease!
Ooh, I got that first email in November too! That's so interesting then, I feel like it does mean that they've processed it... I wonder if we call the financial aid office if they'll say whether we're admitted :unsure:

Okay so I called financial aid office and they said that it's sent because we're not currently enrolled in a financial aid eligible program for Fall 2020. She said that this is not yet based on the medical school since they haven't submitted who will be enrolled yet. So basically, not indicative of any acceptance/rejection.

Okay so I called financial aid office and they said that it's sent because we're not currently enrolled in a financial aid eligible program for Fall 2020. She said that this is not yet based on the medical school since they haven't submitted who will be enrolled yet. So basically, not indicative of any acceptance/rejection.

Awww rats thanks for calling and letting us know! Can’t say im not bummed tho :p

Members don't see this ad :)

Accepted but didn't receive any requests from financial aid recently... Is it by any chance regarding how much non-merit based financial aid we should be receiving? I'm really just trying to figure out whether or not they'll inform us of that before orientation haha

Accepted but didn't receive any requests from financial aid recently... Is it by any chance regarding how much non-merit based financial aid we should be receiving? I'm really just trying to figure out whether or not they'll inform us of that before orientation haha
Congrats! IS or OOS?

Holy **** accepted 1PM EST.

I hope you don’t mind me asking, but what days were your files closed?

Hey! Congrats!! Are you IS or OOS? Just wondering :)

Oh gosh it’s happening

Sent from my iPhone using SDN

Accepted yesterday morning. IS LM 72

I like JABSOM but since Step 1 is going to be pass/fail, I decided to choose a more competitive school with better research capabilities. I hope one of you gets my spot!

Reactions: 5 users
WL Canadian on Friday. The wait continues:xf:

Got a WL like lots of you folks. I was waiting for March 27 like the e-mail said but I guess that was just their drop dead date?

How large is their waitlist? Also what time did they notify you WL folks? Do y’all mind sharing the HST time stamp for that WL email?
Sorry if that’s too forward! I just want to manage my expectations and decide whether I should just drop the $$$ (MCAT) and time (take off from work) to prepare for the next app cycle already.
I got my email on Friday at around 6pm PST!

How large is their waitlist? Also what time did they notify you WL folks? Do y’all mind sharing the HST time stamp for that WL email?
Sorry if that’s too forward! I just want to manage my expectations and decide whether I should just drop the $$$ (MCAT) and time (take off from work) to prepare for the next app cycle already.
Mine was Friday, 3/13 at 3:15 Hawaii time

Received mine at 2:58pm. What time did you get yours?

Waitlist IS.
Got mine 2:56PM HST. Dont think time recieved really matters. What do you guys think?

Should we send LOIs directly to Dr. Asano or to the admissions email? Also, is it typical to send the LOI attached to an email or do people typically type it directly in the email?

Should we send LOIs directly to Dr. Asano or to the admissions email? Also, is it typical to send the LOI attached to an email or do people typically type it directly in the email?
In my previous application cycle I asked them about that and they said to send the LOI through admissions email. I think either method works but I would suggest as an attachment.
Any waitlist movements yet??

In my previous application cycle I asked them about that and they said to send the LOI through admissions email. I think either method works but I would suggest as an attachment.
Any waitlist movements yet??
Thank you! I ended up sending to the admissions email and as an attachment like you said. I haven’t heard back yet but I think I saw waitlist movement start happening in April on previous year’s threads.

Thank you! I ended up sending to the admissions email and as an attachment like you said. I haven’t heard back yet but I think I saw waitlist movement start happening in April on previous year’s threads.
Hoping for good news for the both of us!

• Love
Havent heard anything. I would expect more movement after April 30.

Reactions: 1 users
Just got an acceptance earlier today :soexcited:
Was waitlisted 3/13. IS. LM 69. Reapplicant and am super grateful!
Good luck to everyone else who is still on the waitlist. Have faith, your time will come!

Can anybody speak about financial aid packages and if it is binding to send back all the documents in the email?

Reactions: 3 users
I haven’t heard back about finan aid (accepted 4/8). And I sent all the forms back but might have to withdraw acceptance. I don’t think any acceptance is binding until you hit commit to enroll on AMCAS.
You should definitely email admissions, they have been super responsive. And congrats on your other acceptance(s)! Whatever you choose to do for med school, you'll still end up in a great position.

Accepted today! Was waitlisted 3/13 and sent a LOI 3/18.

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
Just got accepted off of WL today!! OOS but enough connections to count as IS. WL 3/13 sent LOI 4/23

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
Canadian accepted off the waitlist yesterday! Unbelievably excited to meet all of you and learn together! WL 3/13

• Love
Reactions: 3 users