2019-2020 Hawaii (Burns)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Would any of you be willing to provide any information/ tips about JABSOM to a future applicant? For example, their likes/dislikes in an applicant?
I have heard that they seem to look for applicants with a lot of community involvement compared to other med schools. Is this true to an extent?

I am a non-trad, born and raised on a neighboring island looking to apply either this cycle or next. Open to other tips you can share with a future applicant.

Feel free to PM.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Would any of you be willing to provide any information/ tips about JABSOM to a future applicant? For example, their likes/dislikes in an applicant?
I have heard that they seem to look for applicants with a lot of community involvement compared to other med schools. Is this true to an extent?

I am a non-trad, born and raised on a neighboring island looking to apply either this cycle or next. Open to other tips you can share with a future applicant.

Feel free to PM.
Having a good GPA, MCAT is the first step, also good overall application such as volunteer experience, clininal experience are important too. Be an unique applicant and have something others dont have.

Members don't see this ad :)
Withdrew my acceptance here this afternoon. Hope it goes to one of you guys!!!

Hey do you guys know what the quality of life is like for physicians in Hawaii? I read that there is a severe physician shortage because the high cost of living drives more people to work in the mainland. Is it really that difficult to live comfortably with a physician's salary? Is it worth working as a physician in Hawaii over the mainland?