You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2020-2021 Illinois
Started by TheDataKing
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Thank you, my friend! Best of luck with your application!In the same boat as you friend. Hoping the best for us!
NeedAnotherNap
Full Member
I didn’t get the delayed decision email but I haven’t gotten an acceptance call either.
I interviewed on 9/10/2020 so I’m in limbo right now praying for a call or an update hoping that they reviewed me.
I'm on the same boat. I interviewed earlier this month and they said they may or may not get to our applications this month and I think it's only more anxiety inducing not knowing if my app was reviewed or not
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
On the "communication status" page, a new messsage.Where in the portal is it? I need to check mine. Did you see the update before you saw the communication?
Still nothing
Same here, same day actually lol so good luck to you. I'm OOS so I dunno if that makes a difference on when we hear.
I didn’t get the delayed decision email but I haven’t gotten an acceptance call either.
I interviewed on 9/10/2020 so I’m in limbo right now praying for a call or an update hoping that they reviewed me.
Same here, same day actually lol so good luck to you. I'm OOS so I dunno if that makes a difference on when we hear.
I’m in state, but yeah no clue!Still nothing
Same here, same day actually lol so good luck to you. I'm OOS so I dunno if that makes a difference on when we hear.
NeedAnotherNap
Full Member
JUST GOT THE ADMITTANCE EMAIL!!!!!!
ah congratulations!!!!
Great way to start the weekend, happy for you Rapsidy!JUST GOT THE ADMITTANCE EMAIL!!!!!!
HI, can I ask how you know this?Got a "delayed decision" at noon. Interviewed on 9/23.
I think it's almost equal to a post-interview rejection because UICOM accepts most applicants post-interview.
NeedAnotherNap
Full Member
They accept about 77% of interviewed students. It was shown in a graph during the interview, so I actually do think delayed decisions still have a decent chance at acceptance!
NeedAnotherNap
Full Member
Just got my acceptance email!!!!
Been taking all night to calm down. I got the email at work so I started shrieking in the middle of a psych hospital and I’m like o darn they are going to call a code on me haha.
I have been so nervous cause I only had the one interview and the couple of rejections/waitlists but ALL YOU NEED IS ONE!
I have been so nervous cause I only had the one interview and the couple of rejections/waitlists but ALL YOU NEED IS ONE!
absolutetrash
Full Member
I got accepted yesterday too!! Wooooo. Does anyone know when they send out site assignments?? I sent in my preferences yesterday.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted928067
+1Still no interview and I'm starting to get nervous
NeedAnotherNap
Full Member
Still no interview and I'm starting to get nervous
Stay hopeful! There is still so much time in the cycle, you got this!
NeedAnotherNap
Full Member
How did everyone who interviewed feel about it? Were the interviewers friendly and did you find the questions challenging? Also, does anyone know how many MMI stations there are?
Interviewed in early October through the Rockford campus. My interviewer was super nice and chatty. Questions were normal from a basic interview, and really nothing out of this world. There were 7 MMI stations for me, but they were smooth and super doable. You got this!
Thanks so much for answering my questions, and congratulations on your acceptance! It's my first and only interview and I'm pretty nervous. It's good to know your interviewer was nice and the questions were doable.Interviewed in early October through the Rockford campus. My interviewer was super nice and chatty. Questions were normal from a basic interview, and really nothing out of this world. There were 7 MMI stations for me, but they were smooth and super doable. You got this!
NeedAnotherNap
Full Member
Thanks so much for answering my questions, and congratulations on your acceptance! It's my first and only interview and I'm pretty nervous. It's good to know your interviewer was nice and the questions were doable.
Of course! Let me know if you need anything. Just be calm and you’ll do great. Good luck!
D
deleted928067
+1Anyone know if they are done with offering interviews. I submitted all of my stuff super early and I am IS but I have heard nothing back.
Hi everyone, I submitted my secondary on 9/15 and haven't heard anything back yet. Should I be worried? Like what's the average time it takes to hear back about an interview after submitting a secondary. I'm in state, 3.98 gpa, and 510 mcat.
I think you're fine since it's barely been a month since you submitted your secondary. I'm low key stressing tho cause I was complete late July and I haven't heard anything back from them. In-state, Illinois alum, 3.7 GPA, 523 MCAT.
D
deleted928067
+1I think you're fine since it's barely been a month since you submitted your secondary. I'm low key stressing tho cause I was complete late July and I haven't heard anything back from them. In-state, Illinois alum, 3.7 GPA, 523 MCAT.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I feel it, my friend. Interviewed in September but got a "delayed decision" afterwards. I really like this school. I have decent stats (LM≈78) like yours. Feel sad because I thought the interview went well, and I live in Chicago.I think you're fine since it's barely been a month since you submitted your secondary. I'm low key stressing tho cause I was complete late July and I haven't heard anything back from them. In-state, Illinois alum, 3.7 GPA, 523 MCAT.
Last edited:
Bumping, can anyone confirm?Out of curiosity, how many students were there at the interview day?
LetMeINNNNNN
Full Member
Bruh IS competitive stats for the school and submitted early july and still nothing what gives lol (sorry if I sound entitled)
D
deleted928067
uic is taking its sweet timeBruh IS competitive stats for the school and submitted early july and still nothing what gives lol (sorry if I sound entitled)
NeedAnotherNap
Full Member
Any updates on anyone getting their site assignments?
absolutetrash
Full Member
Not yet! 🙁Any updates on anyone getting their site assignments?
NontraditionalEMS
Full Member
Does anyone know if their stats expectations have changed for the year of Covid?
saaaame bro I'm IS too and have 514 mcat and 3.9 gpa. like they call like 1 out of every 4 in state people for an interview (according to msar). and I have competitive stats. like what gives lol.Bruh IS competitive stats for the school and submitted early july and still nothing what gives lol (sorry if I sound entitled)
Those decisions won't be released for another month at leastAny updates on anyone getting their site assignments?
NeedAnotherNap
Full Member
Oh how come?Those decisions won't be released for another month at least
haha same stats and IS... I don't have any other interviews yet either so really praying this comes throughsaaaame bro I'm IS too and have 514 mcat and 3.9 gpa. like they call like 1 out of every 4 in state people for an interview (according to msar). and I have competitive stats. like what gives lol.

Bro I had so many hopes on UIC lmaooohaha same stats and IS... I don't have any other interviews yet either so really praying this comes through![]()
I'm not sure, but that answer is from admissionsOh how come?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
battlegods18
Full Member
Any interview tips for both MMIs and the 1:1 faculty?
+1 BUMP
LetMeINNNNNN
Full Member
Any interview tips for both MMIs and the 1:1 faculty?
+1 BUMP
Not to be that guy, and I haven’t interviewed here but I have done an MMI at another school, but just a reminder that many schools make you sign an NDA preventing you from discussing any specifics regarding the interview. I’m sure its the same with UICs MMI
just be careful on the interview trail yall
Not to be that guy, and I haven’t interviewed here but I have done an MMI at another school, but just a reminder that many schools make you sign an NDA preventing you from discussing any specifics regarding the interview. I’m sure its the same with UICs MMI
just be careful on the interview trail yall
Oh absolutely, I know for sure about the NDA but I'm just looking for more of general tips dealing with kind of hybrid interview.
Oh absolutely, I know for sure about the NDA but I'm just looking for more of general tips dealing with kind of hybrid interview.
What helped me:
1. Close your eyes and take a deep breath before and after your MMI sessions, each session is a blank slate, and one session doesn't carry over to the next. You can mess up on one and not affect the others down the line.
2. Know your application inside and out and try to base your answers off of it as much as possible (matching your experiences to answer the prompt is a clear-cut bonus). They document the highlights of your answer, so you must align your answers to your application. Also, note that some MMI's may come from left field (not specifically from UICOM but other schools. UICOM does a great job of keeping things pretty standard). I would practice some beforehand so that you're calm and ready when these types of questions arise—There are tons of references/ documents online with such MMI questions. PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE. Try to conduct MMIs with faculty, physicians, family members, or non-science individuals who may have the time to sit down and discuss different MMI scenarios. English/Writing/political science professors seem to enjoy MMIs.
3. Try to repeat the prompt to show that you have an understanding of it to show that you understand the who and what (the players and the situation)
4. For MMIs, you cannot be wrong- If you are for abortions, cool. If you are against abortions, cool. Make sure you define your perspective and consider others who may not share the same values or opinions. (They may be testing you for cultural relativity and open-mindedness, which are essential, especially how diverse our society is becoming). Always think medicine needs to have individuals with different perspectives to make it better. If we can't express our views or are somehow limited from speaking about different cultural experiences, how can medicine evolve?
5. If you can, try to abide by the four tenants of ethics (Beneficence, Non-maleficence, Autonomy, and Justice). These will be your guideline as you answer prompts that may be controversial (Abortions, Universal vs. Single-payer healthcare, child abuse, advance directives, physician-assisted suicide, etc.) All physicians and healthcare professionals SHOULD abide by these tenants, no matter religious, cultural, sexual, ethnic, or political background.
Cheers and all the best!
Last edited:
What helped me:
1. Close your eyes and take a deep breath before and after your MMI sessions, each session is a blank slate, and one session doesn't carry over to the next. You can mess up on one and not affect the others down the line.
2. Know your application inside and out and try to base your answers off of it as much as possible (matching your experiences to answer the prompt is a clear-cut bonus). They document the highlights of your answer, so you must align your answers to your application. Also, note that some MMI's may come from left field (not specifically from UICOM but other schools. UICOM does a great job of keeping things pretty standard). I would practice some beforehand so that you're calm and ready when these types of questions arise—There are tons of references/ documents online with such MMI questions. PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE. Try to conduct MMIs with faculty, physicians, family members, or non-science individuals who may have the time to sit down and discuss different MMI scenarios. English/Writing/political science professors seem to enjoy MMIs.
3. Try to repeat the prompt to show that you have an understanding of the prompt and you understand the who and what (the players and the situation)
4. For MMIs, you cannot be wrong- If you are for abortions, cool. If you are against abortions, cool. Make sure you define your perspective and consider others who may not share the same values or opinions. (They may be testing you for cultural relativity and open-mindedness, which are essential, especially how diverse our society is becoming). Always think medicine needs to have individuals with different perspectives to make it better. If we can't express our views or are somehow limited from speaking about different cultural experiences, how can medicine evolve?
5. If you can, try to abide by the four tenants of ethics (Beneficence, Non-maleficence, Autonomy, and Justice). These will be your guideline as your answer prompts that may be controversial (Abortions, Universal vs. Single-payer healthcare, child abuse, advance directives, physician-assisted suicide, etc.) All physicians and healthcare professionals SHOULD abide by these tenants, no matter religious, cultural, sexual, ethnic, or political background.
Cheers and all the best!
Thank you!!