2020-2021 Illinois

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Hey all,

I'm a reapplicant, but I applied for the first time a few years ago. Reading that question for reapplicants, it seems I can only talk about what I did this past year. I thought this was strange--thoughts?
 
Hey all,

I'm a reapplicant, but I applied for the first time a few years ago. Reading that question for reapplicants, it seems I can only talk about what I did this past year. I thought this was strange--thoughts?
I’m also a reapplicant, but I applied last year, so the prompt was straightforward for me. I would email them to clarify! They’re pretty responsive and this way you’ll get a better answer on how to approach this prompt given your situation.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi everyone,

Does anyone have issues with this school receiving their CASPer scores? I've submitted my application and sent my score in a while back, but the portal still says they did not get my CASPer yet.
 
A couple of people have and have reported in the thread previously. I interviewed mid September but obviously won’t know anything till October 15th at the earliest.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
those are my actual stats, but im worried about getting interviews i have a slight downward trend 6.1/6.1/5.9 gpa through undergrad and my cars could have been better, also only published in NATURE magazine five times , didn't even get nominated for the noble prize for medicine. Worried. can someone rate my chances? asking for a friend
energy is better suited for r/premed
 
Mind sharing how it went?
Sure! The day starts with some presentations from students and admission committee members followed by MMI interviews and a one-on-one interview. All in all, It went very smoothly, and everyone is very welcoming! You will also have an opportunity to speak to current medical students before your actual interview - this helped answer a lot of our questions.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Has anyone else had an issue with their LOR not being marked as reviewed? Everything else is complete in my application. On the portal my LOR are marked as received on 6/26/20, but under notes it still says: "Not reviewed", and therefore my application is marked incomplete. I sent 1 committee letter that contained multiple signed letters within it. Do I need to submit the additional letters separate from the committee letter? Thanks!
 
Has anyone else had an issue with their LOR not being marked as reviewed? Everything else is complete in my application. On the portal my LOR are marked as received on 6/26/20, but under notes it still says: "Not reviewed", and therefore my application is marked incomplete. I sent 1 committee letter that contained multiple signed letters within it. Do I need to submit the additional letters separate from the committee letter? Thanks!

I would send them a quick email they usually respond in a timely manner and are very friendly!
 
Does your status change from "file is ready" to under review at all? or does it just go from complete to II
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
the most stressful part is if your IS and get uic II its almost like a guaranteed acceptance sine post-interview acceptance rate is like 75-80 percent. Just waiting to get that II smh.