You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2020-2021 Illinois
Started by TheDataKing
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
kmscott528
New Member
I got assigned to Peoria, and I'm still waiting to be transferred to Chicago as well.Anyone got into UMED that’s from a regional campus (Rockford or Peoria) and is still waiting to be transferred to Chicago? Or has that happened already for people that got into UMED on other campuses?
aspiringdoctor9701
Full Member
You’re pretty much guaranteed a Chicago spot though right... like do you receive Chicago campus emails or Peoria ones currently?I got assigned to Peoria, and I'm still waiting to be transferred to Chicago as well.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm also in the same boat, I wonder how many how many of us are waiting?You’re pretty much guaranteed a Chicago spot though right... like do you receive Chicago campus emails or Peoria ones currently?
aspiringdoctor9701
Full Member
Oh are you in Peoria in the UMED program trying to get placed into Chicago as well?I'm also in the same boat, I wonder how many how many of us are waiting?
yes! did they say when they would finalize everything? I'm tired of holding my breath lolOh are you in Peoria in the UMED program trying to get placed into Chicago as well?
aspiringdoctor9701
Full Member
No idea lol, but I hope it happens soon. I'm not tryna be in limbo till matriculation lol.yes! did they say when they would finalize everything? I'm tired of holding my breath lol
aspiringdoctor9701
Full Member
I feel like the people supposed to transfer to Chicago for UMED should have heard by now.... isn’t CTE deadline on July 2nd at 11:59 pm?
throwaway9884
Full Member
I thought it was july 1stI feel like the people supposed to transfer to Chicago for UMED should have heard by now.... isn’t CTE deadline on July 2nd at 11:59 pm?
throwaway9884
Full Member
180 chicago 65 peoria and 55 rockford - something like thatDoes anyone know how many students are at each campus?
aspiringdoctor9701
Full Member
Are campus reassignments still happening... I feel like things are bound to change? Has everyone in UMED been assigned to the Chicago campus already? I still don’t know what’s going on lol.
throwaway9884
Full Member
I got a confirmation email from amcasDid anyone who already CTE'd get an email about Committing? I thought I already did but am tweaking that I might've done something wrong
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
aspiringdoctor9701
Full Member
Well unless we find out about these campus reassignments, I have no idea.What are y'all doing for housing?
iceland1996
New Member
Does anyone have updates on class being full, and if so, by how much? CTE date was last week, right?
Does anyone have updates on class being full, and if so, by how much? CTE date was last week, right?
I know the chicago campus is over max capacity, then sent an email out trying to see if some people would be willing to defer acceptance until next year for a small discount in tuition, I don’t know about other campuses though.
potato_eater
New Member
Hey did anyone else just get this email, “Welcome to the 2019-2020 UICOM application cycle!” ?
I didn’t apply that year
I didn’t apply that year
Im applying this cycle (2022) and received this email as well. I've seen like one other person report it as well. Seems erroneous like people who were just in their list of emails.Hey did anyone else just get this email, “Welcome to the 2019-2020 UICOM application cycle!” ?
I didn’t apply that year
aspiringdoctor9701
Full Member
I got it too, looks like spam. Anyone can make an email address and send stuff to people, and add a random signature. Although I’m pretty sure it’s illegal to sign off with someone else’s name or credentials, it’s also a hassle to prove, prosecute, etc. Def a spammer or hacker, I’d ignore and not respond tbh.Hey did anyone else just get this email, “Welcome to the 2019-2020 UICOM application cycle!” ?
I didn’t apply that year
forgetting
Full Member
Hey did anyone else just get this email, “Welcome to the 2019-2020 UICOM application cycle!” ?
I didn’t apply that year
I didn’t apply that year, or any year lol
hopefuldoctor299
New Member
Does that mean the other two campuses are full? Or chicago people just don't want to go to the other campuses?I know the chicago campus is over max capacity, then sent an email out trying to see if some people would be willing to defer acceptance until next year for a small discount in tuition, I don’t know about other campuses though.
aspiringdoctor9701
Full Member
Wait if you withdrew now, do you have any other school you can commit to at this point? Genuinely curious about this.Withdrew this morning. They are not able to accommodate any campus appeals.
You can private message me. It was a little complicated.Wait if you withdrew now, do you have any other school you can commit to at this point? Genuinely curious about this.
Anybody have answers? Just submitted the application, didn't realize there was a Scholarly Concentration tab, now I see like 6 more prompts. All of which I addressed in the secondary app itself lol. And my LOR was marked received 6/20 but still hasn't been manually reviewed??