2020-2021 Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine (Erie, Pennsylvania)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
Guys I just wanted to say this. Never give up your dreams and feel discouraged. Iā€™ve said it before, you might have ā€œlostā€ the battle, but you can still ā€œwinā€ the war.

Keep applying and keep working on yourself. At the end of the day, youā€™re a human first, doctor second. Thereā€™s millions of doctors, but there is only one of you!

• Love
Reactions: 8 users
Did anyone from SH receive an email this morning to confirm their interest in accepting a seat/COVID survey?! DOES THIS MEAN ANYTHING OR AM I JUST TOO HOPEFUL

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Did anyone from SH receive an email this morning to confirm their interest in accepting a seat/COVID survey?! DOES THIS MEAN ANYTHING OR AM I JUST TOO HOPEFUL

Looks like youā€™re in the running for some darn good news

Reactions: 4 users
man, I hope this is some great news for you soon! I'm on the SH alternate list but did not receive this email. Did you ever send a LOI to the school? and were you on SH waitlist?

Reactions: 2 users
oh man now im hopeful and nervous. I am on the alternate list....! I did send an LOI in June :O
man, I hope this is some great news for you soon! I'm on the SH alternate list but did not receive this email. Did you ever send a LOI to the school? and were you on SH waitlist?

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
Excited for you (still jealous but excited haha
I don't think I will get in cos I think the class is pretty set :/ but thank you so much for your kind heart :cryi: srsly praying for all of you guys to get into med school because you guys worked so hard to be here!

Reactions: 2 users
Acceptances to Waitlists folks are definitely going out bc so many on the FB groups are saying they recently got accepted. Nobody is just reporting it on SDN which is sucky LOL but at least itā€™s happening.
Thanks for letting us know! Which campus are you typically seeing more movement at? Or all of them?

Reactions: 1 users

I did....no idea what to think!

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
End of the first week of class is upon us and I think it is safe to say, for this cycle at least, game over. For many of you this is only a brief setback on the way to your next application and, with some hard work and luck, that coveted acceptance. As for me, this is the end of line. I wasn't sure how I would feel at this moment. In truth, I feel okay. Of course I am disappointed and naturally disagree with the decision to not be extended an acceptance. But I also accept my contribution to that decision. I am grateful to all the programs that offered me an interview and to all those who supported my efforts. Life goes on and I will pursue other opportunities.

To all of you carrying on, please remember this: do not lose yourself for this pursuit. Do not let them break you and do not sell out. Bring your individuality to the profession. Remember medicine is a team sport so listen and collaborate with RNs, techs, medics, PAs, and everyone involved in patient care. In the same vein, everyone (even the janitor or secretary) knows something you don't; avoid vanity and stay humble.

I have to go now; a new life beyond the horizon awaits and my daughter is falling asleep on my shoulder . . . . . . . . . .

Godspeed, friends. I will see you down the road.

• Care
  • Love
Reactions: 24 users
I called the Elmira campus today for an update or if there was any movement and was told that the class is full. They said that the probability of any movement at this point is slim to none with this Friday being the last day that they would be able to offer anyone a seat if there was an opening. With that being said, I have already re-applied and hope for the best in the upcoming interview cycle. I wish you all the best of luck.

Reactions: 7 users