2020-2021 Loyola (Stritch)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I interviewed on the 19th of November, and they said we should hear from them 4-6 weeks but might take longer because of the holidays. Anyone from this interview group heard anything ??

I interviewed on the 19th of November, and they said we should hear from them 4-6 weeks but might take longer because of the holidays. Anyone from this interview group heard anything ??
I interviewed earlier than that date and have yet to hear back as well.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Same date and haven’t heard anything :/

Have they sent out any pre II rejections? I've been complete since 8/9 and still "undergoing a review".

Reactions: 2 users
They don’t send rejections pre-II until after the cycle is over in March!
I actually have a close friend that already received a pre-II rejection months ago.
Edited to be more specific: they were rejected at the end of October

Got the acceptance call a few hours ago :) Interviewed 11/19

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 19 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I got my acceptance call today too!!! Interviewed 11/9!!!!! It's happening!!!! Gonna be a doctor!!!!

• Love
Reactions: 14 users
Very fortunate to have received the acceptance call yesterday as well but will be declining to attend one of my state schools. Good luck to all!

Interviewed 10/22.

Reactions: 15 users
Very fortunate to have received the acceptance call yesterday as well but will be declining to attend one of my state schools. Good luck to all!

Interviewed 10/22.
Did you get off the CC list or was this just the first notification you received?

Does anyone know about the CC list, if you don’t get accepted do they just send all rejections at the end of the cycle or do people on CC get rejected throughout the cycle?

Hi, what does a partial file interview mean? How much of the application does the interviewer actually have?

Hi, what does a partial file interview mean? How much of the application does the interviewer actually have?
They definitely have your amcas activities and essay & supplemental answers. Besides that I'm not sure if they have any other information.

Did people who got accepted get that email for the Dr. Fauci webinar? I can’t find the Additional Resources link on my application portal 😭

Did people who got accepted get that email for the Dr. Fauci webinar? I can’t find the Additional Resources link on my application portal 😭
I received the email and have not been accepted yet! I’m still waiting for a decision. The email did give me a heart attack though 😂

Reactions: 1 users
Go under the Interview section of the portal. Additional Resources is right under the Interview-Check Out link.

Have people who have been completed in august heard anything back? I submitted an update letter back in December but still have heard nothing from them.

Also, when does it start to be considered late in terms of not hearing back? Due to this being a COVID cycle and there being way more applicants, does everything get pushed back by a bit?

Reactions: 3 users
Have people who have been completed in august heard anything back? I submitted an update letter back in December but still have heard nothing from them.

Also, when does it start to be considered late in terms of not hearing back? Due to this being a COVID cycle and there being way more applicants, does everything get pushed back by a bit?
im in the same situation, except i was completed even later (september). I don't think Loyola is delayed as far as I am aware, especially because they haven't announced anything officially. If Loyola is on the right timeline, then I'd say they are almost done with the cycle as they stop interviewing after Feb.

im in the same situation, except i was completed even later (september). I don't think Loyola is delayed as far as I am aware, especially because they haven't announced anything officially. If Loyola is on the right timeline, then I'd say they are almost done with the cycle as they stop interviewing after Feb.
So do you think they'll still have interviews being sent until the end of Feb? I keep checking the portal and it just says "Your application is complete and under review." I've seen posts on here where people have said their portal says something different, even when they haven't gotten an interview. I thought sending an update letter to them back in December would help but I'm just still waiting

So do you think they'll still have interviews being sent until the end of Feb? I keep checking the portal and it just says "Your application is complete and under review." I've seen posts on here where people have said their portal says something different, even when they haven't gotten an interview. I thought sending an update letter to them back in December would help but I'm just still waiting
they stop interviewing after feb, so I assume they are going to stop sending IIs in mid feb? I'm not too sure but it's not looking too ideal tbh :/

they stop interviewing after feb, so I assume they are going to stop sending IIs in mid feb? I'm not too sure but it's not looking too ideal tbh :/
Gotcha, thanks! Well, let's keep our heads up. It is only mid January so we have time still. Anything can happen in the next 4-6 weeks!

Reactions: 2 users

From my experience, and this is not directed at any school, but a general feeling- the loosened deadlines never materialized as most schools had given a chunk of their interviews on a traditional timeline.

I had to take my MCAT in September and got a score Im happy with.

Just apply and be COMPLETE EARLY .

From my experience, and this is not directed at any school, but a general feeling- the loosened deadlines never materialized as most schools had given a chunk of their interviews on a traditional timeline.

I had to take my MCAT in September and got a score Im happy with.

Just apply and be COMPLETE EARLY .
Definitely agree. I applied in June for my primary and finished my secondaries by August. I guess me being done "early" and not hearing back is what drives that anxiety up haha. But let's just all hope for the best! Like I said, we still have some time and anything really can happen. Best of luck to you all!

Definitely agree. I applied in June for my primary and finished my secondaries by August. I guess me being done "early" and not hearing back is what drives that anxiety up haha. But let's just all hope for the best! Like I said, we still have some time and anything really can happen. Best of luck to you all!
Many schools got 10000+ apps which is unprecedented. This was the biggest concern going in for me.

According to my advisor, Stritch is ~6 weeks behind in the process.

Reactions: 4 users
Can you elaborate please ?also how many IIs have been handed out so far?
I honestly wish I could. My undergraduate advisor has a good relationship with Stritch and that’s what she told me in December. I’ve gone back and looked at this thread and it does seem like most II were given to those complete in July and August... but I wish I knew more. I’ve complete since 09/08 with an additional LOR sent in December.

I honestly wish I could. My undergraduate advisor has a good relationship with Stritch and that’s what she told me in December. I’ve gone back and looked at this thread and it does seem like most II were given to those complete in July and August... but I wish I knew more. I’ve complete since 09/08 with an additional LOR sent in December.
I think it's tough to say when most of the II's have been given out. I know a ton of people who applied to Stritch and haven't heard back at all. I'm not surprised that they are behind by 6 weeks with the type of cycle this has been. Just gotta keep your heads up!