2020-2021 Loyola (Stritch)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
sorry if this has already been asked but what is the interview day like? how many interviews are there? is it open-closed file? i couldn't find the interview format anywhere on their website

Members don't see this ad :)
sorry if this has already been asked but what is the interview day like? how many interviews are there? is it open-closed file? i couldn't find the interview format anywhere on their website
You should have 2 interviews. One interview is open file where they have everything in your app and spend like an hour reviewing your file before the interview - mine knew my application incredibly well - it was impressive. That is typically with a physician or faculty etc. The other is “partial-file,” they don’t have any of your stats - they have your essays and supplemental app and your activites from amcas. From what I understand, this is typically with a member of the admissions staff, a medical student, or a non faculty staff member.
Everyone I interacted with from Loyola was incredibly kind at every level - just be yourself!

• Love
Reactions: 1 user
Have people who have been completed in august heard anything back? I submitted an update letter back in December but still have heard nothing from them.

Also, when does it start to be considered late in terms of not hearing back? Due to this being a COVID cycle and there being way more applicants, does everything get pushed back by a bit?
It’s getting late lol there’s about 1 more month of interviews 2x per week

There are 9 interview days left with the last on Feb 18th. Stritch is not 6 weeks behind schedule, on the contrary we are right on track.

Reactions: 9 users
Members don't see this ad :)
There are 9 interview days left with the last on Feb 18th. Stritch is not 6 weeks behind schedule, on the contrary we are right on track.
Do you mind if I ask where you are getting your information about interview days, and about the February 18th date? I'm just looking for more sources of information, so that I can constantly refresh more pages and wreak total havoc on my anxiety. Thanks :)

Do you mind if I ask where you are getting your information about interview days, and about the February 18th date? I'm just looking for more sources of information, so that I can constantly refresh more pages and wreak total havoc on my anxiety. Thanks :)
Sure. As student we sign up for an interview day panels. On the sheet I can see each of the remaining interview days. Hi, nice to meet you im Talldoc Im an M1 at Stritch and I come on here so I don't have to study immunology !!

My friends this year found out who I was (I was very active last year as an applicant surprise surprise) and one of my friends mom like told her to FIND TALLDOC when she got to school lol.

Last edited:
  • Haha
II! I'm so sad I think I missed the email when it was sent sighs but still super stoked ahhhhhhh Complete mid-Sept

• Love
Reactions: 12 users
Congrats! Just now or when did they let you know?
So I’ve been having issues w receiving my emails and I just found out bc the interview tab appeared on my portal so I wanna say sometime last week?

EDIT: I got the II today (1/21) lol

Last edited:
  • Care
Reactions: 2 users
When I chose, they had Jan 28 and Feb 2 I believe but honestly it was such a blur and I was screaming the entire time so there could have been other options lmaooo looking back I should’ve scrolled down but I just saw the date and went for it 😅

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users
Received a II today! Complete mid-sept! I also saw the only options as Jan 28th & Feb 2nd. I think there may be more available to come. Would someone mind explain how the interview is formatted?

• Love
Received a II today! Complete mid-sept! I also saw the only options as Jan 28th & Feb 2nd. I think there may be more available to come. Would someone mind explain how the interview is formatted?
I just finished my interview today, it was super conversational and such a welcoming enviorment. For the format you have two interviews for 30-45, one with a faculty and one with a medical student.

I just finished my interview today, it was super conversational and such a welcoming enviorment. For the format you have two interviews for 30-45, one with a faculty and one with a medical student.
Thank you! I hope it went well for you!

Reactions: 1 users
Congrats!! Can you both share your stats if you don’t mind?

Hello I know they said about 4-6 weeks to expect getting a response post-interview, but for the people who have heard back already, what's the generally the timeline for hearing back from them after the interview? Thanks!

Sorry if this has been previously discussed but do they send out pre-II rejections or do they do more of a silent rejection ? Thanks in advance

Sorry if this has been previously discussed but do they send out pre-II rejections or do they do more of a silent rejection ? Thanks in advance
I personally know someone that received a Pre-II R in October but I haven't seen any on SDN so it looks like they might not have given out too many

Hello I know they said about 4-6 weeks to expect getting a response post-interview, but for the people who have heard back already, what's the generally the timeline for hearing back from them after the interview? Thanks!
Took 9 weeks for me. I interviewed mid October and got CC mid December

So, because of the holidays those who interviewed in November and December Probablt have to wait longer. Now that we’re past the holidays, should return to that time frame

Very few preII rejections sent out. The ones that have been probably had an IA, or didn’t fit necessary criteria — like citizenship, or something similar. 99 percent will come after last interview day

So, because of the holidays those who interviewed in November and December Probablt have to wait longer. Now that we’re past the holidays, should return to that time frame
Gotcha, thank you! I interviewed on 1/14 and was just trying to figure out the timeline on when to submit an update letter/letter of interest.

Gotcha, thank you! I interviewed on 1/14 and was just trying to figure out the timeline on when to submit an update letter/letter of interest.
Your interview was the letter of interest TBH. I would save it until after decision.

how long does it usually take for people to hear back after the interview?

@Talldoctor96 Thanks for all the guidance you give out on this thread. Would you happen to know when acceptances from CC happens? Last year it looked like it started early December

@Talldoctor96 Thanks for all the guidance you give out on this thread. Would you happen to know when acceptances from CC happens? Last year it looked like it started early December
I’ve gotten that question a few times! I would imagine it will start soon. It’s going to happen, there’s always CC movement before formation of the waitlist. I will have some more information soon.

• Love
i was complete mid-sept and haven't heard anything. on their portal i see that they accept update letters, but i don't have anything major to update them, really just one activity change. would it make sense to send a pre-interview letter of interest to remind them i exist, or is that a waste of time?

II just now! Complete in July, LM ~66. Very surprised!

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 10 users
I got an II today too!!! and no current interview dates-- I hope they come back up soon. I guess do I just keep checking back?

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Care
I got an II today too, and no current interview dates :( I hope they come back up soon... I guess do I just keep checking back? also worried since it's a friday night
Try refreshing the page a few times. That seemed to do the trick for a few of us