2020-2021 Vanderbilt

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just got the call from the admission office :) It seems that the process has just begun. Good luck!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 10 users
Got the call an hour ago! Anchor down!!!

Edit for some additional info: interviewed in Jan, no portal update yet, caller was not my interviewer

Best of luck to everyone!!!

Reactions: 2 users
Got the call!! I for reals thought this cycle was OVER for me (apparently my interview wasn't as terrible as I thought).

Interviewed early Feb, no portal update yet!

• Love
Members don't see this ad :)
WL and with that, the cycle's officially over!

Does anyone know if they reject people post-II, or does everyone go straight to the waitlist if not accepted? Also, how many people do they take off the waitlist every year?

Does anyone know if they reject people post-II, or does everyone go straight to the waitlist if not accepted? Also, how many people do they take off the waitlist every year?

I can answer the first part -- I just got rejected post-II so they definitely do that. No idea about your second question though

• Care
Reactions: 7 users
Waitlisted and withdrawing. Best of luck to everyone!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
any ball park number how many convert from WL to acceptance. My only MD interview this year :(

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
Gonna be withdrawing my A! Vandy is an awesome school I hope one of y’all get it and everyone loves it who goes!

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 8 users
15 are accepted off a 300 person list according to their MSAR.
RIP Vandy.
Let me prepare for the next cycle and will apply on Day 1 this time . Delayed application submission and Late MCAT - unsuccessful result this cycle Hoping next cycle I end up getting more interviews. No more SDN forum.
Good luck who all got accepted to medical school of their choice.

• Care
Reactions: 8 users
Yall think they'll be taking a significantly greater number of applicants off the WL this year than in previous years? This thread has been so quiet!

Yall think they'll be taking a significantly greater number of applicants off the WL this year than in previous years? This thread has been so quiet!
It has been eerily quiet lol I’m assuming it’s because WL movement won’t happen until after May 1st. I’m not sure about your question though. The fb accepted students page membership shrunk considerably since end of March so possibly!!

Reactions: 1 users
yea a good number of ppl have been steadily dropping their a's :( sad but excited for the rest of you to join us!

Quick question about Vanderbilt's curriculum; could anyone explain what the "flex months" are? I glean that they're break periods of some sort, but I don't understand how they differ from regular breaks.

though Vandy was my first choice I withdrew from WL here today , got Accepted in another school last month. good luck everyone

• Love
Has anyone heard anything from WL aside from the emails they sent?

Has anyone heard anything from WL aside from the emails they sent?
I haven't, but their email says we'll find it advantageous to send in a LOI "in the morning of May 1" (weird wording lol), which makes me think that they'd start some time after May 1

Just checked the fb page and it looks like 16 people were already added this week. feelin like they're at class size if not super close at this point

i know of at least a few people (including myself) that PTE'd to vandy but are still waiting on WL decisions from other schools that may lead us to withdraw from vandy. probably the initial movement happened earlier this week but there will still be a couple spots left to fill from ppl who accept wl offers from other schools!

I guess that's it huh?
ya I was gonna also maybe mid/late-May would be the next time there's any movement but for now looks like the big wave has passed us sadly. not sure when I should set a deadline for myself to stop holding out hope and just commit where I PTE'd though ahh

Yeah, I was under the impression that they'd be taking a lot more people from the WL during the upcoming few weeks given that they accepted less people than usual

How do you know that a big wave just passed us? I haven't seen THAT many postings on this thread...
There was a mini influx of people in the both the FB/Groupme pages, and the current students made a welcome post to the new people, which only happens when there's some kind of "wave"

There was a mini influx of people in the both the FB/Groupme pages, and the current students made a welcome post to the new people, which only happens when there's some kind of "wave"
This is also speculation but it could just be that more people previously accepted join these pages after they PTE?

This is also speculation but it could just be that more people previously accepted join these pages after they PTE?
Sure yeah! I do think a decent chunk of the new entries were waitlist people though, because of the welcome message to "new admits" specifically. The influx was also within the same day

Last edited:
I received the A call for MD program Saturday!!! I interviewed 11/30 and sent a letter of interest last week of April!

it looks like they didn't take anyone off the WL after the first wave last year, so i'm assuming that'll be the case again :(

Waitlists don't necessarily come in waves. People were admitted through end of May and even June last year. Chance decreases as time moves on, but waitlist movement is definitely not over.

• Care