2020-2021 Vanderbilt

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
it looks like they didn't take anyone off the WL after the first wave last year, so i'm assuming that'll be the case again :(
I know of someone who got off the WL in July last year - don't give up hope!

Members don't see this ad.

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
Recently withdrew my A, glad to know one of you is getting it soon! :)

Recently withdrew my A, glad to know one of you is getting it soon! :)
mind if i ask why/how you withdrew your A given that you sent a letter of intent to vandy? just honestly curious if there was something so terrible you discovered about vandy that made you do a full 180 especially given you declared your intent to attend not even 2 weeks ago

Members don't see this ad :)
mind if i ask why/how you withdrew your A given that you sent a letter of intent to vandy? just honestly curious if there was something so terrible you discovered about vandy that made you do a full 180 especially given you declared your intent to attend not even 2 weeks ago
I got an unexpected A from another school and they gave me a financial aid offer that made it less than half the price of Vandy. As much as I still love Vandy as a school, I couldn't in good conscience turn that offer down. I would have turned down the other school if they weren't so generous.

Reactions: 4 users
Hi! Can someone share their thoughts on pre-screening for Vanderbilt? There were some speculations on this thread and previous, any thoughts?

Obviously higher the better, but I'm just trying to save some $$$ if I'm too low on the numbers.

Thanks!

Hi! Can someone share their thoughts on pre-screening for Vanderbilt? There were some speculations on this thread and previous, any thoughts?

Obviously higher the better, but I'm just trying to save some $$$ if I'm too low on the numbers.

Thanks!
What exactly is the issue?

With all due respect, it's only $42! They have indicated that they are pretty aggressive, screening out around 1/3 pre-secondary.

That said, they claim the screen is holistic, so what value does speculation on stats on SDN really have? I'd do the same analysis using MSAR that I'd do for any other school, and go from there. Why give up a shot at a school you'd like to attend over $42?

What are you going to do at just about every other school, where they don't aggressively pre-screen, and happily take your secondary fee, in addition to the $42, before ghosting you for the rest of the cycle? :) At least with these guys, they make a good faith effort to screen you out on the front end if they have no interest, and save you the trouble of writing the secondary and paying the fee! I honestly wish every school did this.

Reactions: 1 user