2020-2021 Michigan State

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
It’s official. I’ve been rejected. I can finally move on mentally and emotionally. I really appreciate those of you who were so supportive. While we may not be classmates, I look forward to being an anonymous peer lol. P.S Thank God they told me now vs. later

Members don't see this ad.

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
Rejection email off the waitlist a few minutes ago, not that disappointed honestly it was expected at this point. Good luck to the rest of you!
Have you gotten in anywhere else? Will you be applying again? If so, my best of wishes to you. I know how much it sucks being on a waitlist, my mental health has gone to crap. I'm grudgingly going to start my reapp this weekend.

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
It’s official. I’ve been rejected. I can finally move on mentally and emotionally. I really appreciate those of you who were so supportive. While we may not be classmates, I look forward to being an anonymous peer lol. P.S Thank God they told me now vs. later
As I said to premed3i...this has been a hell of a time on this waitlist! Have you been accepted anywhere else? And if not, are you applying again? If so, my best of luck, fellow warrior!

Members don't see this ad :)
Also got the waitlist rejection…
Did anyone get off the waitlist after that continued interest email?

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
Also got the waitlist rejection…
Did anyone get off the waitlist after that continued interest email?
What time did everyone get this reject email? I'm still on the waitlist but am expecting this now....:( I was so hoping you'd get in!

What time did everyone get this reject email? I'm still on the waitlist but am expecting this now....:( I was so hoping you'd get in!
yeah, I'm wondering this too. I'm trying to relax before my MCAT this Friday and this just created a knot in my stomach.

yeah, I'm wondering this too. I'm trying to relax before my MCAT this Friday and this just created a knot in my stomach.
Omg....my suggestion is please don't check your email until after!!!! You gotta knock this exam OUT THE BALLPARK.

And to reiterate, this is not to say I think you're gona get the rejection email, but if you're anything like me, I've been refreshing my email probably 30+ times in the last hour and havent absorbed one single thing out of the physics class in in rn.

• Care
Reactions: 1 user
dang I haven't got the waitlist rejection but I can only think its coming soon smh

Have you gotten in anywhere else? Will you be applying again? If so, my best of wishes to you. I know how much it sucks being on a waitlist, my mental health has gone to crap. I'm grudgingly going to start my reapp this weekend.
Yea that’s why I’m not too upset, I got into MSUCOM actually last month so I’m beyond grateful. But trust me I know everything there is to know about waitlists, I got waitlisted at 6 schools and MSUCOM is the only one who accepted me after waitlisting me. Best of luck to you, I hope to be your colleague one day!!

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
Yea that’s why I’m not too upset, I got into MSUCOM actually last month so I’m beyond grateful. But trust me I know everything there is to know about waitlists, I got waitlisted at 6 schools and MSUCOM is the only one who accepted me after waitlisting me. Best of luck to you, I hope to be your colleague one day!!
Everyone I know at MSUCOM is very happy there (and good people), so you'll be in good company and will get a fantastic education. Good luck, fellow Spartan!

• Care
As I said to premed3i...this has been a hell of a time on this waitlist! Have you been accepted anywhere else? And if not, are you applying again? If so, my best of luck, fellow warrior!
Yes, I’ve been accepted to a school out of state and I’m grateful. I was just hoping to avoid the 2.5x tuition cost there.

• Care
I have this heavy sad feeling. I know what a struggle this has been waiting and trying to care for your own mental health.
Remember you were chosen in a year with record applicants for an interview. This is an amazing accomplishment!!! They saw something in all of you. I believe you have it in you still. To move on and be happy knowing the choice you have may bring unexpected joy and opportunity. Or to reapply and think of all of those schools where you fit the mission and how exciting it could be!
Feel free to PM me if you want someone to read your statements or responses to secondaries. I would be happy to help you sort through or give you some ideas and most of all support! ❤️

• Care
Reactions: 7 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I really hope we see some movement this week or next, I am losing my mind! I just want answers, good or bad!

• Care
I really hope we see some movement this week or next, I am losing my mind! I just want answers, good or bad!
hello, I am also hoping for movement! This might sound very weird because i don't post on here much but (I come check often) I really truly hope your MCAT went well! when i saw the rejection posts my stomach was so queasy and I can't imagine having the MCAT 2 days later when you're probably already so anxious. I wanted to DM you this but I don't know how lol so just here to wish you the best! :)

• Care
hello, I am also hoping for movement! This might sound very weird because i don't post on here much but (I come check often) I really truly hope your MCAT went well! when i saw the rejection posts my stomach was so queasy and I can't imagine having the MCAT 2 days later when you're probably already so anxious. I wanted to DM you this but I don't know how lol so just here to wish you the best! :)
It's so crazy how invested we are all in eachother. While I always am weighing my own odds of getting in, I'm always hoping that out of all the people on the WL it's the people in this thread.

I think my mcat either went moderately well or catastrophic. I quickly put msu to the back of my head after I saw rejection emails for the sake of my mcat.

Thank you so much for wishing me well, I really appreciate it! I'm wishing for at least some of us here to make it in this year instead of somewhere else/sometime next year.

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
when is the white coat ceremony? When is the first day of classes? I dont see an academic calendar anywhere and its a little frustrating...

when is the white coat ceremony? When is the first day of classes? I dont see an academic calendar anywhere and its a little frustrating...
This was in the email we were sent on June 1. Orientation is August 9-22 (the white coat ceremony is usually on the 22nd, but I believe this is still up in the air). Classes begin the morning of August 23rd.

Has anyone heard anything of what orientation will consists of? I know they sent out the email saying they would detail it more when it gets closer to the day but I just want a general idea what the orientation weeks will look like leading up to the first day of school?

Welp. This is what my status page says :/
20210609_132532.jpg

Has anyone heard anything of what orientation will consists of? I know they sent out the email saying they would detail it more when it gets closer to the day but I just want a general idea what the orientation weeks will look like leading up to the first day of school?
Would also like to know any info? :)

Hope I'm not getting annoying but I am still manifesting that last budge of movement for those of us still on the waitlist. Don't lose hope everyone !

• Care
Does anyone know the brand of white coats we will be getting? I want to see if I can find them at a store or something so i can try it on. I’m worried that I will get it too big or too small and it’ll look weird

Does anyone know the brand of white coats we will be getting? I want to see if I can find them at a store or something so i can try it on. I’m worried that I will get it too big or too small and it’ll look weird
I'm not sure, but I imagine you could call the alumni association and ask? Someone's gotta know

I looked it up on Amazon and sizes seem to match so if the picture they are using is correct, the brand is META

Well, everyone, I got the call! I will be attending MSU CHM in the fall with all of you guys. I really can't believe I made it. Thank you to everyone who encouraged me to continue to stay positive even when it looked really bleak.

• Love
Reactions: 14 users
Well, everyone, I got the call! I will be attending MSU CHM in the fall with all of you guys. I really can't believe I made it. Thank you to everyone who encouraged me to continue to stay positive even when it looked really bleak.
OH?!!!!! LET'S GET IT!! So happy for you!! Huge congrats!!!!

• Care
Yes yes yes!!! So happy for you!

• Care
CONGRATSSS!!!!! let's get it!!!!

• Care
Did you get the call today? Congrats!!! Now you can relax about waiting on that MCAT score lol!

Congrats! You will do great!

• Care
Did you get the call today? Congrats!!! Now you can relax about waiting on that MCAT score lol!
I got the call at 11:30 this morning. I was half asleep when I got it, and I was about to start working on my essays on my reapp. I'm still interested to see what I got but could not care less what the score will end up being LMAO.

• Care
Hi all, I emailed admissions yesterday that I may be withdrawing my A. I was placed in GR. I’ll let y’all know if I decide to drop ❤️

• Care
Asking for a incoming friend -- does the 10-panel drug test test for THC/marijuana? and is it a urine test?

Asking for a incoming friend -- does the 10-panel drug test test for THC/marijuana? and is it a urine test?
someone else can respond that knows for chm specifically but for another school i was accepted to, the 10-panel did include marijuana and was a urine test

It's a urine drug screen and marijuana is a one of the ten screenings

Hell yes!!!! Finally!

• Care
  • Love
Hi! I have been following this thread from day 1!
I decided to withdraw my A and I sent email to admissions today
Hopefully one of you on the waitlist will get off! Wishing you the best of luck 🤞

• Care
Deciding between a MacBook Air or Pro. Any advice? Thanks in advanced, fam.
I've had my Macbook Air for 5 years now and it's never not been able to do what i want it to! When I was buying it, Apple basically explained the difference to be: if you're going to be using your laptop for graphic design or anything more techy, then go with the pro. Otherwise as a human bio major (which I was), the Air will do everything you need it to. Personally, I've liked the light-weight design and it was cheaper so that's what i went with lol.

Just got off the waitlist! First A 😭 i’m crying

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 9 users