2020-2021 New York Institute of Technology College of Osteopathic Medicine (NYITCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Tomorrow's the big day... The 24th of June...

Members don't see this ad.

• Care
Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Me too! However, I am unable to work on it. The old content from my previous application still shows up. Did that happen to you?
Hey, the old information shows up on the website for the new cycle. Did you figure out how to fix that issue?

I e-mailed the school. I'm waiting for a response back.
I just received a response from Ms. Kathy Riley, from admissions. She said: "the application is not yet available, but will be shortly." Hopefully it is the same questions because I already have them pre-written and ready to go lol

Update: Ms. Riley was recently told the new supplemental application should be ready by Monday.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
So…. Are we thinking that WL movement is pretty much over for fall 2021?
Probably one more waitlist push and then it's over. I'm already on the next cycle, so if I get off the waitlist it's a whatever

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
Just withdrew my acceptance, hope it goes to one of yall!

Reactions: 8 users
I'm 4th year student at Old Westbury, often lurking about on SDN so if you have any questions about NYITCOM feel free to ask me here or PM.
Hi, I would really like to go to NYITCOM, so can you tell me a little bit more about why you opted to choose Old Westbury, if there are specific perks of New York that you enjoy there, etc. I'm having a bit of trouble deciding which location to pick.

Hi, I would really like to go to NYITCOM, so can you tell me a little bit more about why you opted to choose Old Westbury, if there are specific perks of New York that you enjoy there, etc. I'm having a bit of trouble deciding which location to pick.
The calculus for me was very simple, I’m from the northeast and didn’t want to move far from my family and fiancée! It’s worth noting you’re more likely to live on Long Island than in NYC, which is a suburban sprawl that I don’t find particularly exciting. That said, given my geographical preferences remaining in the general northeast has given me lots of opportunity to rotate at sites near where I’d like to go for residency. Plus NY gives you access to a lot of large academic institutions if you want to build relationships and research connections in the area.

I have very little knowledge of Jonesboro and the experience of being a student there, so if someone from that campus can comment that’ll hopefully give you both sides.

I withdrew my OW acceptance last week. I hope there will be a little bit more movement for y'all!

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
Am done with this school! Emailing them to remove me from waitlist. I will be attending Lake Erie. Good luck to everybody!!

Reactions: 8 users
Am done with this school! Emailing them to remove me from waitlist. I will be attending Lake Erie. Good luck to everybody!!
The feelings mutual lol. Congratulations and good luck in your future endeavors!

Reactions: 2 users
Got confirmation from admin that school is booked completely and only movement will be from people dropping seats.

Got confirmation from admin that school is booked completely and only movement will be from people dropping seats.
Being that mandatory orientation begins in like 1.5 weeks....I would have thought that was a given by this point?

• Care
Okay, so you got the call for the JB campus? Does it seem like they are still adding seats then?
I didn't get the implication from our phone call. He told me seats might becomes available and, if they do, to stay vigilant.

Thats great! Have you been in communication with them or you haven't sent any updates/letters recently?
Yes to both. I've been in communication with them and have sent them periodic update letters in addition to two intent letters.