2020-2021 New York Institute of Technology College of Osteopathic Medicine (NYITCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
By any chance, did you attend their information session last week? Maybe they called to follow up with us.
I attended one a few months ago, but I highly doubt it mattered.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I already completed 30+ secondaries for the next cycle. Lmao
Bruh, I have been studying all summer to retake the MCAT whilst working on secondaries, applying for jobs, getting background checked for a teaching job at a university. Just imagine if I got off the waitlist. Definitely will have to impromptu everything.

Bruh, I have been studying all summer to retake the MCAT whilst working on secondaries, applying for jobs, getting background checked for a teaching job at a university. Just imagine if I got off the waitlist. Definitely will have to impromptu everything.
Same here... We'll have 10 days to get things in order.

Members don't see this ad :)
Lmaooooooooo, I just got my first interview request for the next cycle

Reactions: 2 users
I got a call today from Kathleen Riley for JB campus. I am wondering how many received this call/ if this is promising news!

Reactions: 1 users
Did David just let you know that all spots are full and to keep checking your phone and emails incase we contact you?
He didn't mention that all spots were full (again, I'm waitlisted at JB, not OW), but he did mention to check to expect a phone call more than e-mail at this point because, if anything, that is how they will principally inform students from this moment onward. He also mentioned that I reapplied and attend the information session last week and wanted to confirm if that was true.

I got a call today from Kathleen Riley for JB campus. I am wondering how many received this call/ if this is promising news!
Honestly, I still feel like it is just a courtesy call they perform on everyone.

I met a few people (maybe 3 or 4) over the course of my time at NYITCOM who got accepted the day before orientation or even when orientation was actually ongoing, people drop out at the last second for a myriad of reasons. I wouldn't rest your hopes on it by any means but it is a thing that happens.

I met a few people (maybe 3 or 4) over the course of my time at NYITCOM who got accepted the day before orientation or even when orientation was actually ongoing, people drop out at the last second for a myriad of reasons. I wouldn't rest your hopes on it by any means but it is a thing that happens.
I wonder if they had to sleep in their cars for the first few weeks of school too lol

• Haha
I wonder if they had to sleep in their cars for the first few weeks of school too lol
There's often students who rent a house with extra rooms still looking for roommates that close to orientation, I think most scrambled into some semblance of a living situation lol

There's often students who rent a house with extra rooms still looking for roommates that close to orientation, I think most scrambled into some semblance of a living situation lol
Impromptu at its best. Well, I'm ready for anything. I should probably start packing. If not for this past cycle, then for the next lol.

Last edited:
Omg Congrats! Can you say your stats if you dont mind
505, 3.9. But I updated the school with a 507, DO recommendation from a doctor that graduated from their school, and I had serious connections to the school from my undergrad department. I just applied on the december train due to covid.

Last edited:
505, 3.9. But I updated the school with a 507, DO recommendation from a doctor that graduated from their school, and I had serious connections to the school from my undergrad department. I just applied on the december train due to covid.
That’s amazing!!!! Do you mind if I PM you?

omg i remember seeing your username on this thread the whole cycle. that’s while. congrats :)
I’m going to DO elsewhere but still on the WL for nyit lol

Did the people who got called from JB get accepted? I'm really curious. I wish the best for them!

Accepted off the waitlist for JB campus this morning! Received a phone call from David last week.

Reactions: 4 users
Accepted off the waitlist for JB campus this morning! Received a phone call from David last week.
Congratulations! So they called more than two people. I received the phone call from David and still waiting lol

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
might be one of those ppl

• Care