2020-2021 Southern Illinois

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I'm sorry to hear that. This is definitely a very difficult cycle for everyone involved. I'm sure they haven't forgotten about you though. I do know that they said rescheduling could cause delays so maybe that is all it is and you will get your date soon
I honestly just think they're overwhelmed right now

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
not sure if any current students lurk on this thread or if anyone else would know but what are SIU's grading policies like? are all or some years true P/F, ranked, etc.? Edit: I see the catalog says "Course designations of honors, pass or fail are included on students’ official transcripts."

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Does SIU accept the FAFSA for financial aid? If so, does anyone know the school code?
It's the same as SIU Carbondale! They mention it on the financial interview presentation that was a link included on the same email they sent you your interview links

not sure if any current students lurk on this thread or if anyone else would know but what are SIU's grading policies like? are all or some years true P/F, ranked, etc.? Edit: I see the catalog says "Course designations of honors, pass or fail are included on students’ official transcripts."
True P/F every year.

• Love
Will I get a decision the day right after my file is presented to the admissions committee? Did you guys get an email or a letter through the mail

Will I get a decision the day right after my file is presented to the admissions committee? Did you guys get an email or a letter through the mail
Both letter and email! and I'm not sure when they met about me so can't really answer that... best of luck :)

Both letter and email! and I'm not sure when they met about me so can't really answer that... best of luck :)
Hmm, they sent me an email saying my file will be presented to the committee on a specific date, did they not do the same for you?

Hmm, they sent me an email saying my file will be presented to the committee on a specific date, did they not do the same for you?
Hmmm I never got an email. I just got a letter in the mail saying I’m on the AWPA list late dec.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah now that you say that I do think they told me it would be the next meeting they had but I don't remember how far after my interview it was, but I got my AWPA letter very soon after my interview so I would assume you'd get it mailed a couple business days after the meeting

Yeah now that you say that I do think they told me it would be the next meeting they had but I don't remember how far after my interview it was, but I got my AWPA letter very soon after my interview so I would assume you'd get it mailed a couple business days after the meeting
Yeah I interviewed mid November and was on radio silence until I got that letter right before Xmas. I think the next wave of A’s is end of Jan / early feb?

They sent me an email after my interview saying my file would be presented on January 12th and that I would receive mail a few days after. i haven't heard anything yet but was wondering if anyone else had their file presented that same day and had heard back.

They sent me an email after my interview saying my file would be presented on January 12th and that I would receive mail a few days after. i haven't heard anything yet but was wondering if anyone else had their file presented that same day and had heard back.
Mine was presented jan 12th as well, interview dec 2nd. No mails yet.

When was ur interview?

AWPA today!!!

Reactions: 3 users
Thats awesome! When did u get on awpa?
I’m not sure if I was ever AWPA. I just got an email saying I was accepted and to fill out enrollment forms. Didn’t see any indication of an AWPA spot.

Interview tomorrow, any last minute tips or specific things i should know well?

Question, so I interviewed last week and my application file will be presented to the adcom in February. Is SIU admissions receptive to update letters? And if so, would it be a good idea to send one before my file is presented, in order to talk about a few new positions from this school year? These weren't on my primary or secondary, and didn't really come up during the interviews, but I do think they add some good experience to my overall application.

Question, so I interviewed last week and my application file will be presented to the adcom in February. Is SIU admissions receptive to update letters? And if so, would it be a good idea to send one before my file is presented, in order to talk about a few new positions from this school year? These weren't on my primary or secondary, and didn't really come up during the interviews, but I do think they add some good experience to my overall application.
I sent an update letter before my committee meeting. Dont know if it did anything i figured it was worth a try! I ended up on awpa but idk if that has anything to do with the update letter, but i did confirm with the office and they do add it to your file so might as well!

Update to my situation: I first got an email that congratulated me on my acceptance and had attached enrollment forms to hold my spot.

However, I just got a letter in the mail with an AWPA offer.

Pretty confused lol

Update to my situation: I first got an email that congratulated me on my acceptance and had attached enrollment forms to hold my spot.

However, I just got a letter in the mail with an AWPA offer.

Pretty confused lol
That’s weird. I got my AWPA but no A email. Maybe they sent you the AWPA letter before the A email but then it didn’t arrive before the email did? The only thing that throws me off is that I didn’t think they’d be releasing actual acceptances this month, only AWPA. I’d maybe email them about it if you’re confused?

That’s weird. I got my AWPA but no A email. Maybe they sent you the AWPA letter before the A email but then it didn’t arrive before the email did? The only thing that throws me off is that I didn’t think they’d be releasing actual acceptances this month, only AWPA. I’d maybe email them about it if you’re confused?
I think they do send Acceptances this month! But i think they send them later starting the 23/25thish. His awpa letter probably got lost and ended coming after his acceptance like u said!

Hey, all! I know other schools send out acceptances/have their adcoms meet on a set day each month (like, Indiana sends out decisions on the 15th of each month). Sorry if this has been stated somewhere else in the thread, but is there a particular day I can look for some communication? Or does it just happen whenever?

Hey, all! I know other schools send out acceptances/have their adcoms meet on a set day each month (like, Indiana sends out decisions on the 15th of each month). Sorry if this has been stated somewhere else in the thread, but is there a particular day I can look for some communication? Or does it just happen whenever?
They emailed me (I think after my interview?) about the next day they’d be meeting. A few days after the meeting, I got my AWPA in the mail!

I think they do send Acceptances this month! But i think they send them later starting the 23/25thish. His awpa letter probably got lost and ended coming after his acceptance like u said!
Well that’s good news! I was only expecting something late February. Thank you!

Did anyone who was on awpa receive acceptances this week? I believe this round goes out this week or next week

Anyone fill out the fin aid app yet? Any current students w any idea of how much scholarship/grant/aid money there is? Ty :)

Got my A through Email today!
It is interesting you got an A midmonth. I had thought SIU sent out acceptances in 3 waves only. I had thought SIU ADCOM generally meets around the 25th or 26th of January and the second A wave would be sent the 1st week of February. They may have some flexibility with what their 3 wave plan was as filed with the Liaison Committee on Medical Education (LCME). You may want to call and confirm the keypuncher did not make an error and code your AWPA as an A or maybe they just gave you your own wave going from 3 to 4.

Reactions: 2 users
Did anyone get off the AWPA list today?