2020-2021 Southern Illinois

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

not sure if any current students lurk on this thread or if anyone else would know but what are SIU's grading policies like? are all or some years true P/F, ranked, etc.? Edit: I see the catalog says "Course designations of honors, pass or fail are included on students’ official transcripts."
 
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Will I get a decision the day right after my file is presented to the admissions committee? Did you guys get an email or a letter through the mail
 
Will I get a decision the day right after my file is presented to the admissions committee? Did you guys get an email or a letter through the mail
Both letter and email! and I'm not sure when they met about me so can't really answer that... best of luck 🙂
 
Hmm, they sent me an email saying my file will be presented to the committee on a specific date, did they not do the same for you?
Yeah now that you say that I do think they told me it would be the next meeting they had but I don't remember how far after my interview it was, but I got my AWPA letter very soon after my interview so I would assume you'd get it mailed a couple business days after the meeting
 
Yeah now that you say that I do think they told me it would be the next meeting they had but I don't remember how far after my interview it was, but I got my AWPA letter very soon after my interview so I would assume you'd get it mailed a couple business days after the meeting
Yeah I interviewed mid November and was on radio silence until I got that letter right before Xmas. I think the next wave of A’s is end of Jan / early feb?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
They sent me an email after my interview saying my file would be presented on January 12th and that I would receive mail a few days after. i haven't heard anything yet but was wondering if anyone else had their file presented that same day and had heard back.
 
They sent me an email after my interview saying my file would be presented on January 12th and that I would receive mail a few days after. i haven't heard anything yet but was wondering if anyone else had their file presented that same day and had heard back.
Mine was presented jan 12th as well, interview dec 2nd. No mails yet.
 
They sent me an email after my interview saying my file would be presented on January 12th and that I would receive mail a few days after. i haven't heard anything yet but was wondering if anyone else had their file presented that same day and had heard back.
When was ur interview?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Question, so I interviewed last week and my application file will be presented to the adcom in February. Is SIU admissions receptive to update letters? And if so, would it be a good idea to send one before my file is presented, in order to talk about a few new positions from this school year? These weren't on my primary or secondary, and didn't really come up during the interviews, but I do think they add some good experience to my overall application.
 
Question, so I interviewed last week and my application file will be presented to the adcom in February. Is SIU admissions receptive to update letters? And if so, would it be a good idea to send one before my file is presented, in order to talk about a few new positions from this school year? These weren't on my primary or secondary, and didn't really come up during the interviews, but I do think they add some good experience to my overall application.
I sent an update letter before my committee meeting. Dont know if it did anything i figured it was worth a try! I ended up on awpa but idk if that has anything to do with the update letter, but i did confirm with the office and they do add it to your file so might as well!
 
Update to my situation: I first got an email that congratulated me on my acceptance and had attached enrollment forms to hold my spot.

However, I just got a letter in the mail with an AWPA offer.

Pretty confused lol
 
Update to my situation: I first got an email that congratulated me on my acceptance and had attached enrollment forms to hold my spot.

However, I just got a letter in the mail with an AWPA offer.

Pretty confused lol
That’s weird. I got my AWPA but no A email. Maybe they sent you the AWPA letter before the A email but then it didn’t arrive before the email did? The only thing that throws me off is that I didn’t think they’d be releasing actual acceptances this month, only AWPA. I’d maybe email them about it if you’re confused?
 
That’s weird. I got my AWPA but no A email. Maybe they sent you the AWPA letter before the A email but then it didn’t arrive before the email did? The only thing that throws me off is that I didn’t think they’d be releasing actual acceptances this month, only AWPA. I’d maybe email them about it if you’re confused?
I think they do send Acceptances this month! But i think they send them later starting the 23/25thish. His awpa letter probably got lost and ended coming after his acceptance like u said!
 
Hey, all! I know other schools send out acceptances/have their adcoms meet on a set day each month (like, Indiana sends out decisions on the 15th of each month). Sorry if this has been stated somewhere else in the thread, but is there a particular day I can look for some communication? Or does it just happen whenever?
 
Hey, all! I know other schools send out acceptances/have their adcoms meet on a set day each month (like, Indiana sends out decisions on the 15th of each month). Sorry if this has been stated somewhere else in the thread, but is there a particular day I can look for some communication? Or does it just happen whenever?
They emailed me (I think after my interview?) about the next day they’d be meeting. A few days after the meeting, I got my AWPA in the mail!
 
I think they do send Acceptances this month! But i think they send them later starting the 23/25thish. His awpa letter probably got lost and ended coming after his acceptance like u said!
Well that’s good news! I was only expecting something late February. Thank you!
 
Did anyone who was on awpa receive acceptances this week? I believe this round goes out this week or next week
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Got my A through Email today!
It is interesting you got an A midmonth. I had thought SIU sent out acceptances in 3 waves only. I had thought SIU ADCOM generally meets around the 25th or 26th of January and the second A wave would be sent the 1st week of February. They may have some flexibility with what their 3 wave plan was as filed with the Liaison Committee on Medical Education (LCME). You may want to call and confirm the keypuncher did not make an error and code your AWPA as an A or maybe they just gave you your own wave going from 3 to 4.