2020-2021 Southern Illinois

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Did anyone get anything today?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
so, I'm an idiot and forgot that SIU sends out some of their decision communications via mail. AWPA! so excited to be one step closer to an A and knowing what I'll be doing next year haha

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
so, I'm an idiot and forgot that SIU sends out some of their decision communications via mail. AWPA! so excited to be one step closer to an A and knowing what I'll be doing next year haha
Ah so exciting! Congrats!

• Love
Reactions: 1 user
Has anyone gotten an interview for the Lincoln Scholars Program? The only part of the application process is to send an essay and cover letter to the email they provided, right? I sent in my application a while back and still haven't heard anything back from them one way or the other.

Members don't see this ad :)
is there a facebook page? i can't seem to find it if there is one

Has anyone else been AWPA since November, and still awaiting an acceptance?

Reactions: 1 users
I’ve been wondering this too! I haven’t been able to find one
reading previous years threads, it sounds like the facebook page is usually made around the end of april/early may

Has anyone else been AWPA since November, and still awaiting an acceptance?
Last year I was placed on the AWPA list in January and was told that all of the spots in the class were filled in early August. It can be a long waiting game and it's really tough. Just hang in there!

• Care
gpa-4.0
mcat-513
from chatham (central illinois)
Was the GPA from a graduate program or your true undergraduate GPA? That is really amazing. Even a weaker test in Biochemistry, Calculus, Physics, Physiology, Anatomy can take one down to an A- and thus under 4.0 at a competitive university. Thus 4.0 for 4 years is truly an incredible achievement. The 513 is also a very competitive score for a first time taker. The average admittance for allopathic school is about 511, so you are well above that. Very impressive in both respects. In the COVID environment were you able to squeeze in much shadowing, direct patient contact through employment or volunteerism, and non clinical volunteerism or did everything pretty much grind to a halt for those aspects of the application?

anyone who's application was presented on 2/23 hear anything yet? I'm getting concerned, seems acceptances are emailed 7 days after and WL/AWPA are mailed out 10 days after, but i haven't heard anything at all :/

anyone who's application was presented on 2/23 hear anything yet? I'm getting concerned, seems acceptances are emailed 7 days after and WL/AWPA are mailed out 10 days after, but i haven't heard anything at all :/
Mine was presented 2/23 and I found my AWPA in the mail this Monday 3/1! If you live farther away it might just be taking longer to mail?

Mine was presented 2/23 and I found my AWPA in the mail this Monday 3/1! If you live farther away it might just be taking longer to mail?
okay, thanks! I think my address was outdated so hopefully it's just being rerouted through USPS Right now. I guess I just found it odd, I know someone who's file was presented the round before 2/23 and he got an email, I didn't realize they didn't email and mail decisions to everyone. Thanks for letting me know though! Good luck :)

Was the GPA from a graduate program or your true undergraduate GPA? That is really amazing. Even a weaker test in Biochemistry, Calculus, Physics, Physiology, Anatomy can take one down to an A- and thus under 4.0 at a competitive university. Thus 4.0 for 4 years is truly an incredible achievement. The 513 is also a very competitive score for a first time taker. The average admittance for allopathic school is about 511, so you are well above that. Very impressive in both respects. In the COVID environment were you able to squeeze in much shadowing, direct patient contact through employment or volunteerism, and non clinical volunteerism or did everything pretty much grind to a halt for those aspects of the application?
Aw thank you very much!! This is my undergrads gpa but my university doesn’t use the +/- system. It was very difficult to get shadowing hours with COVID! It pretty much haulted because of COVID, which I definitely think was my biggest weakness since I didn’t decide to pursue medicine until halfway through my junior year (and I’m a senior now).

My file being reviewed 3/9 as well. When do you think we will hear ? I’m thinking by Friday
See, I was also thinking by Friday. If they make a decision on that Tuesday, even if they don't mail stuff out until the next day, I live in the Springfield area, so I would expect it in the mail on Friday. We will just have to see, though. SIU is my 1st choice, so the waiting is killer

See, I was also thinking by Friday. If they make a decision on that Tuesday, even if they don't mail stuff out until the next day, I live in the Springfield area, so I would expect it in the mail on Friday. We will just have to see, though. SIU is my 1st choice, so the waiting is killer
I got my AWPA the monday after the review date. Acceptance was emailed two days after recieving AWPA.

So, I emailed admissions, and they told me:

"AAMC requires us to fill our class by March 15.We will then replace students 1 at a time as they drop off."

So, I would guess this would be the last week for a batch of acceptances.

• Wow
Reactions: 3 users

"AAMC requires us to fill our class by March 15.We will then replace students 1 at a time as they drop off."

aaAaAaaaAAhHHHhHh

Does this mean that they are done with interviewing? If not how late does SIU Med inerview?

I called admissions and they told me the same thing and that most movement is seen around April 30th for students who decide to go elsewhere.