-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2020-2021 Southern Illinois
Started by TheDataKing
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
No I didn't get anything todayDid anyone get anything today?
ice cheems
Full Member
+1No I didn't get anything today
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
ice cheems
Full Member
so, I'm an idiot and forgot that SIU sends out some of their decision communications via mail. AWPA! so excited to be one step closer to an A and knowing what I'll be doing next year haha
NeedAnotherNap
Full Member
Ah so exciting! Congrats!so, I'm an idiot and forgot that SIU sends out some of their decision communications via mail. AWPA! so excited to be one step closer to an A and knowing what I'll be doing next year haha
Got an A here in early February!
Has anyone gotten an interview for the Lincoln Scholars Program? The only part of the application process is to send an essay and cover letter to the email they provided, right? I sent in my application a while back and still haven't heard anything back from them one way or the other.
Any updates from anyone lately?
D
deleted1095586
I just got my acceptance!
scaredymcat
Full Member
Congratulations!!! When were you on awpa?I just got my acceptance!
same here! I was told they should be taking two more batches after the adcom meets 3/9 and 3/23.I just got my acceptance!
D
deleted1095586
Thank you!! I received my awpa letter on SaturdayCongratulations!!! When were you on awpa?
Stats please?Thank you!! I received my awpa letter on Saturday
ice cheems
Full Member
I just got my acceptance!
same here! I was told they should be taking two more batches after the adcom meets 3/9 and 3/23.
omggg congrats! did they email you the acceptance notification?
HelloMellowYellow
New Member
Accepted. Interviewed 1/29. 510 mcat, 3.92 gpa
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
NeedAnotherNap
Full Member
Now I’m very nervous. My stats are much lower and I’m still on AWPAAccepted. Interviewed 1/29. 510 mcat, 3.92 gpa
IAintNeverSeen2Pretty...
Full Member
My application is presented on 3/9. The waiting is killlllling me!same here! I was told they should be taking two more batches after the adcom meets 3/9 and 3/23.
yes!omggg congrats! did they email you the acceptance notification?
D
deleted1095586
I’ve been wondering this too! I haven’t been able to find oneis there a facebook page? i can't seem to find it if there is one
jbfutureMD
Full Member
Has anyone else been AWPA since November, and still awaiting an acceptance?
jbfutureMD
Full Member
reading previous years threads, it sounds like the facebook page is usually made around the end of april/early mayI’ve been wondering this too! I haven’t been able to find one
NeedAnotherNap
Full Member
AWPA since December here!Has anyone else been AWPA since November, and still awaiting an acceptance?
Last year I was placed on the AWPA list in January and was told that all of the spots in the class were filled in early August. It can be a long waiting game and it's really tough. Just hang in there!Has anyone else been AWPA since November, and still awaiting an acceptance?
Me!Has anyone else been AWPA since November, and still awaiting an acceptance?
How do you know your app is being presented on 3/9??My application is presented on 3/9. The waiting is killlllling me!
HelloMellowYellow
New Member
Its sent via email the date that your file will be presented. I received my email with the presentation date right after my interview, same dayHow do you know your app is being presented on 3/9??
D
deleted1095586
gpa-4.0Stats please?
mcat-513
from chatham (central illinois)
IAintNeverSeen2Pretty...
Full Member
Yeah, they sent an email the day of my interview telling me when my file is being presented and that I would find out the results a few days after the presentationHow do you know your app is being presented on 3/9??
Was the GPA from a graduate program or your true undergraduate GPA? That is really amazing. Even a weaker test in Biochemistry, Calculus, Physics, Physiology, Anatomy can take one down to an A- and thus under 4.0 at a competitive university. Thus 4.0 for 4 years is truly an incredible achievement. The 513 is also a very competitive score for a first time taker. The average admittance for allopathic school is about 511, so you are well above that. Very impressive in both respects. In the COVID environment were you able to squeeze in much shadowing, direct patient contact through employment or volunteerism, and non clinical volunteerism or did everything pretty much grind to a halt for those aspects of the application?gpa-4.0
mcat-513
from chatham (central illinois)
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
trashpanda423
New Member
anyone who's application was presented on 2/23 hear anything yet? I'm getting concerned, seems acceptances are emailed 7 days after and WL/AWPA are mailed out 10 days after, but i haven't heard anything at all :/
ice cheems
Full Member
Mine was presented 2/23 and I found my AWPA in the mail this Monday 3/1! If you live farther away it might just be taking longer to mail?anyone who's application was presented on 2/23 hear anything yet? I'm getting concerned, seems acceptances are emailed 7 days after and WL/AWPA are mailed out 10 days after, but i haven't heard anything at all :/
trashpanda423
New Member
okay, thanks! I think my address was outdated so hopefully it's just being rerouted through USPS Right now. I guess I just found it odd, I know someone who's file was presented the round before 2/23 and he got an email, I didn't realize they didn't email and mail decisions to everyone. Thanks for letting me know though! Good luck 🙂Mine was presented 2/23 and I found my AWPA in the mail this Monday 3/1! If you live farther away it might just be taking longer to mail?
shungshung
New Member
My file being reviewed 3/9 as well. When do you think we will hear ? I’m thinking by FridayHow do you know your app is being presented on 3/9??
trashpanda423
New Member
Usually the trend this year has been 7-10 days after presentation date.My file being reviewed 3/9 as well. When do you think we will hear ? I’m thinking by Friday
D
deleted1095586
Aw thank you very much!! This is my undergrads gpa but my university doesn’t use the +/- system. It was very difficult to get shadowing hours with COVID! It pretty much haulted because of COVID, which I definitely think was my biggest weakness since I didn’t decide to pursue medicine until halfway through my junior year (and I’m a senior now).Was the GPA from a graduate program or your true undergraduate GPA? That is really amazing. Even a weaker test in Biochemistry, Calculus, Physics, Physiology, Anatomy can take one down to an A- and thus under 4.0 at a competitive university. Thus 4.0 for 4 years is truly an incredible achievement. The 513 is also a very competitive score for a first time taker. The average admittance for allopathic school is about 511, so you are well above that. Very impressive in both respects. In the COVID environment were you able to squeeze in much shadowing, direct patient contact through employment or volunteerism, and non clinical volunteerism or did everything pretty much grind to a halt for those aspects of the application?
IAintNeverSeen2Pretty...
Full Member
See, I was also thinking by Friday. If they make a decision on that Tuesday, even if they don't mail stuff out until the next day, I live in the Springfield area, so I would expect it in the mail on Friday. We will just have to see, though. SIU is my 1st choice, so the waiting is killerMy file being reviewed 3/9 as well. When do you think we will hear ? I’m thinking by Friday
HelloMellowYellow
New Member
I got my AWPA the monday after the review date. Acceptance was emailed two days after recieving AWPA.See, I was also thinking by Friday. If they make a decision on that Tuesday, even if they don't mail stuff out until the next day, I live in the Springfield area, so I would expect it in the mail on Friday. We will just have to see, though. SIU is my 1st choice, so the waiting is killer
IAintNeverSeen2Pretty...
Full Member
Yeah, I’m aware it’ll likely be the following week... but I’m still gonna be checking the mail next Friday lol 😂I got my AWPA the monday after the review date. Acceptance was emailed two days after recieving AWPA.
Yep.Has anyone else been AWPA since November, and still awaiting an acceptance?
IAintNeverSeen2Pretty...
Full Member
Do we know when in March the final round of formal A’s goes out?
ice cheems
Full Member
I do not but hope it is soonDo we know when in March the final round of formal A’s goes out?

IAintNeverSeen2Pretty...
Full Member
So, I emailed admissions, and they told me:
"AAMC requires us to fill our class by March 15.We will then replace students 1 at a time as they drop off."
So, I would guess this would be the last week for a batch of acceptances.
"AAMC requires us to fill our class by March 15.We will then replace students 1 at a time as they drop off."
So, I would guess this would be the last week for a batch of acceptances.
ice cheems
Full Member
aaAaAaaaAAhHHHhHhSo, I emailed admissions, and they told me:
"AAMC requires us to fill our class by March 15.We will then replace students 1 at a time as they drop off."
So, I would guess this would be the last week for a batch of acceptances.
IAintNeverSeen2Pretty...
Full Member
Yeah. I was honestly HORRIFIED.aaAaAaaaAAhHHHhHh
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does this mean that they are done with interviewing? If not how late does SIU Med inerview?
IAintNeverSeen2Pretty...
Full Member
I would think they are done, but I'm not sure. If there is one thing I have learned applying this year, it's that everything is unpredictable.Does this mean that they are done with interviewing? If not how late does SIU Med inerview?
Any news today?
IAintNeverSeen2Pretty...
Full Member
Not from my end so far
Hexokinase1!
Full Member
I called admissions and they told me the same thing and that most movement is seen around April 30th for students who decide to go elsewhere.So, I emailed admissions, and they told me:
"AAMC requires us to fill our class by March 15.We will then replace students 1 at a time as they drop off."
So, I would guess this would be the last week for a batch of acceptances.