You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2020-2021 Southern Illinois
Started by TheDataKing
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
tmnt012
New Member
Oh, I had no idea. That saves me some anxiety. Thank you!Nope but Looking at last years thread, i think they send them out on fridays but i could definitely be wrong!
doctorwife18
New Member
Got AWPA January 13th, interviewed on December 7th. Spoke with Admissions and they said emails are hopefully to be sent this week. Anyone have theirs yet?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
NeedAnotherNap
Full Member
Not yet, I’ll post as soon as I hear anything! Thanks for the update!Got AWPA January 13th, interviewed on December 7th. Spoke with Admissions and they said emails are hopefully to be sent this week. Anyone have theirs yet?
NeedAnotherNap
Full Member
I listened to some podcasts by Dr. Ryan Gray and watched some youtube videos. They don't even have to be interview specific, but you can also listen to other people talking about they journey. That helped me frame how I wanted to talk about mine. Also be aware of possible ethical questions and how to address those. My two interviewers were completely different, but I would just say to know your application really well, look up a little about your interviewers (one asked me if I knew where he was from as soon as the camera turned on), and to be as relaxed as possible! Good luck!Any advice for interview day? I understand If you can't get too specific, as I had to sign a nondisclosure for a different school about the interview, but any advice on preparation or anything else would be appreciated.
IAintNeverSeen2Pretty...
Full Member
My interviewers were both super relaxed, and it was honestly one of the most conversational, least stressful interviews I've done. I know it depends on who you get, but based on my interviewers, not a lot of prep was needed. Just be able to carry a conversation.Any advice for interview day? I understand If you can't get too specific, as I had to sign a nondisclosure for a different school about the interview, but any advice on preparation or anything else would be appreciated.
ice cheems
Full Member
+1 with this, definitely do not need much prep. One of my interviews was pretty obviously closed-file, but the interviewer didn't ask anything difficult or tricky it was moreso getting to know you questions. The other interview was open-file, but the interviewer didn't ask me.. anything... about my application and honestly they spoke pretty much the whole time and allowed me to ask them questions. Very low-stress.My interviewers were both super relaxed, and it was honestly one of the most conversational, least stressful interviews I've done. I know it depends on who you get, but based on my interviewers, not a lot of prep was needed. Just be able to carry a conversation.
tmnt012
New Member
nopeDid anyone receive an A today?
Did anyone receive an A today?
Negative
PaladinX
Full Member
What did you email them?They just responded to my email. Apparently acceptances go out next week
ice cheems
Full Member
darn, my file is being presented the week after haha. just missed itThey just responded to my email. Apparently acceptances go out next week
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
SGMED
Full Member
I just asked when they would be sending out acceptances and she said most likely next weekWhat did you email them?
krebscycle123
New Member
forgot to update but noticed lots of talk about when A's are sent out-- interviewed 12/2, AWPA in the mail 1/19, and A email 1/20! Good luck to everyone!AWPA today!!!
IAintNeverSeen2Pretty...
Full Member
Does anyone have any stats about post-interview acceptance rates?
SGMED
Full Member
I dont think they have data for SIU, but according to the intro video from the interviews they accept 80% of students from AWPA if that helpsDoes anyone have any stats about post-interview acceptance rates?
SGMED
Full Member
Nopedid anyone receive an update today?
scaredymcat
Full Member
no :/ also does anyone know how soon after our file presentation day we can expect to hear back?did anyone receive an update today?
battlestargalacticamedici
New Member
Hello everyone, believe they sent out some round of acceptances today.
I interviewed 1/12
Was told my file would be presented on 2/8
And got an A today!
hope to see some of you potentially in the fall!
I interviewed 1/12
Was told my file would be presented on 2/8
And got an A today!
hope to see some of you potentially in the fall!
SGMED
Full Member
Congratulations!! Do u mind sharing your stats and what time you received your acceptance email?Hello everyone, believe they sent out some round of acceptances today.
I interviewed 1/12
Was told my file would be presented on 2/8
And got an A today!
hope to see some of you potentially in the fall!
battlestargalacticamedici
New Member
Yes:Congratulations!! Do u mind sharing your stats and what time you received your acceptance email?
I received the notification around noon time
GPA: math/science 3.5; overall 3.8
GPA: math/science 3.5; overall 3.8
508 MCAT
Undergrad and 1 year masters degree
1st gen American and college student
Crazy excessive hours as a scribe
No true science research or shadowing when in college.
The interview was great as it allowed me to show my experience more than anything, I feel like I’ve learned more through the hospital and being in an academic teaching center than my academics could ever.
Anyone get an AWPA letter this week?
tmnt012
New Member
congrats! did they email you or send you a letter?Yes:
I received the notification around noon time
GPA: math/science 3.5; overall 3.8
GPA: math/science 3.5; overall 3.8
508 MCAT
Undergrad and 1 year masters degree
1st gen American and college student
Crazy excessive hours as a scribe
No true science research or shadowing when in college.
The interview was great as it allowed me to show my experience more than anything, I feel like I’ve learned more through the hospital and being in an academic teaching center than my academics could ever.
scaredymcat
Full Member
AWPA today!!! Does anyone know when they might give another batch of acceptances?
PaladinX
Full Member
Congrats! Also, same!AWPA today!!! Does anyone know when they might give another batch of acceptances?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
battlestargalacticamedici
New Member
I got an email on 2/15 for my acceptance.congrats! did they email you or send you a letter?
Then I received a letter in the mail yesterday dated 2/11 that I was AWPA. So I’m thinking the official notice for AWPA status is mail only, but if you were admitted, then you would get an email and physical letter simultaneously!
battlestargalacticamedici
New Member
Judging from my experience, my review date was 2/8 and I received an A 2/15, so it may be 1-2 weeks after your file presentation date?Are we expecting an A wave this week, or did it already happen?
Hang in there with Orgo ll, you can do it!! Orgo ll might not be as hard as Physics 2, eg Gauss' Law, is the good news. Additionally, any acceptance may be conditional upon successful completion with a "B" or better from all coursework represented as being in progress.AWPA yesterday, interviewed Jan 8. Really hoping I get accepted so I can drop this Orgo II class 😩
PaladinX
Full Member
really? says who (about the conditional offer) lolHang in there with Orgo ll, you can do it!! Orgo ll might not be as hard as Physics 2, eg Gauss' Law, is the good news. Additionally, any acceptance may be conditional upon successful completion with a "B" or better from all coursework represented as being in progress.
lol, perhaps to avoid "senioritis" :> in particular traditional matriculants, eg applying the summer before Senior year the conditional/caveat supposition would be they graduate probably first, second their courses are completed in a manner Adcom finds satisfactory. It is not uncommon for applicants to apply at a stage where they have not yet, but plan to complete required prerequisites or courses in process that strengthen their application. You got this! You can conquer that Orgo II !really? says who (about the conditional offer) lol
IAintNeverSeen2Pretty...
Full Member
My file is slated to be presented to the adcom on 3/9. My understanding is that accepted people get an AWPA notification in the mail a few days after presentation, and then official acceptance comes through email. Is that correct?
battlestargalacticamedici
New Member
AWPA = via mailMy file is slated to be presented to the adcom on 3/9. My understanding is that accepted people get an AWPA notification in the mail a few days after presentation, and then official acceptance comes through email. Is that correct?
Official acceptance = instantly on email but also comes through mail a few days after.
ice cheems
Full Member
aaaah omg my file is being presented tomorrow, hope I'm in that batch!The admissions director said another February batch will be sent after Feb 23rd, so we may get some A's this week!
Mine’s being presented today too! Best of luckaaaah omg my file is being presented tomorrow, hope I'm in that batch!
I didn't unfortunately. I was told that the next batch will come out in early March.Anyone receive an A today? I was put on AWPA earlier this month
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
trashpanda423
New Member
all of my friends who have heard back got their decision 1 week after ADCOM presented their files. So i wouldn't get your hopes up about this week.Just got off the phone with admissions and they said adcom met yesterday so a batch should be expected either today or tomorrow
SGMED
Full Member
It just depends where u are placed on the list, not necessarily the timeline. You can get a decision one day after or 3 months after. Depends how high/ low your ranked after the adcom meeting i believe!all of my friends who have heard back got their decision 1 week after ADCOM presented their files. So i wouldn't get your hopes up about this week.
scaredymcat
Full Member
I mean like actual acceptance batches. I’ve already had my file presentation date a couple weeks ago but in terms of acceptances, she said there could be a batch sent out this week.all of my friends who have heard back got their decision 1 week after ADCOM presented their files. So i wouldn't get your hopes up about this week.
SGMED
Full Member
I remember the last person who got an acceptance said they got it around noon, but i am sure its jus randomIs there a specific time/day of the week that the batches are usually sent out?