2020-2021 Southern Illinois

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Did anyone get off the AWPA list today?
Nope but Looking at last years thread, i think they send them out on fridays but i could definitely be wrong!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Nope but Looking at last years thread, i think they send them out on fridays but i could definitely be wrong!
Oh, I had no idea. That saves me some anxiety. Thank you!

Got AWPA January 13th, interviewed on December 7th. Spoke with Admissions and they said emails are hopefully to be sent this week. Anyone have theirs yet?

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Got AWPA January 13th, interviewed on December 7th. Spoke with Admissions and they said emails are hopefully to be sent this week. Anyone have theirs yet?
Not yet, I’ll post as soon as I hear anything! Thanks for the update!

Any advice for interview day? I understand If you can't get too specific, as I had to sign a nondisclosure for a different school about the interview, but any advice on preparation or anything else would be appreciated.

Any advice for interview day? I understand If you can't get too specific, as I had to sign a nondisclosure for a different school about the interview, but any advice on preparation or anything else would be appreciated.
I listened to some podcasts by Dr. Ryan Gray and watched some youtube videos. They don't even have to be interview specific, but you can also listen to other people talking about they journey. That helped me frame how I wanted to talk about mine. Also be aware of possible ethical questions and how to address those. My two interviewers were completely different, but I would just say to know your application really well, look up a little about your interviewers (one asked me if I knew where he was from as soon as the camera turned on), and to be as relaxed as possible! Good luck!

My interviewers were both super relaxed, and it was honestly one of the most conversational, least stressful interviews I've done. I know it depends on who you get, but based on my interviewers, not a lot of prep was needed. Just be able to carry a conversation.

Reactions: 2 users
My interviewers were both super relaxed, and it was honestly one of the most conversational, least stressful interviews I've done. I know it depends on who you get, but based on my interviewers, not a lot of prep was needed. Just be able to carry a conversation.
+1 with this, definitely do not need much prep. One of my interviews was pretty obviously closed-file, but the interviewer didn't ask anything difficult or tricky it was moreso getting to know you questions. The other interview was open-file, but the interviewer didn't ask me.. anything... about my application and honestly they spoke pretty much the whole time and allowed me to ask them questions. Very low-stress.

Are we expecting acceptances sometime this week? Ngl kinda hoping its next week cuz that's when they meet for my file lol

They just responded to my email. Apparently acceptances go out next week

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello everyone, believe they sent out some round of acceptances today.
I interviewed 1/12
Was told my file would be presented on 2/8
And got an A today!

hope to see some of you potentially in the fall!

• Love
Hello everyone, believe they sent out some round of acceptances today.
I interviewed 1/12
Was told my file would be presented on 2/8
And got an A today!

hope to see some of you potentially in the fall!
Congratulations!! Do u mind sharing your stats and what time you received your acceptance email?

Congratulations!! Do u mind sharing your stats and what time you received your acceptance email?
Yes:

I received the notification around noon time

GPA: math/science 3.5; overall 3.8
508 MCAT
Undergrad and 1 year masters degree
1st gen American and college student
Crazy excessive hours as a scribe
No true science research or shadowing when in college.

The interview was great as it allowed me to show my experience more than anything, I feel like I’ve learned more through the hospital and being in an academic teaching center than my academics could ever.

Yes:

I received the notification around noon time

508 MCAT
Undergrad and 1 year masters degree
1st gen American and college student
Crazy excessive hours as a scribe
No true science research or shadowing when in college.

The interview was great as it allowed me to show my experience more than anything, I feel like I’ve learned more through the hospital and being in an academic teaching center than my academics could ever.
congrats! did they email you or send you a letter?

AWPA today!!! Does anyone know when they might give another batch of acceptances?

Are we expecting an A wave this week, or did it already happen?

congrats! did they email you or send you a letter?
I got an email on 2/15 for my acceptance.

Then I received a letter in the mail yesterday dated 2/11 that I was AWPA. So I’m thinking the official notice for AWPA status is mail only, but if you were admitted, then you would get an email and physical letter simultaneously!

AWPA yesterday, interviewed Jan 8. Really hoping I get accepted so I can drop this Orgo II class 😩

AWPA yesterday, interviewed Jan 8. Really hoping I get accepted so I can drop this Orgo II class 😩
Hang in there with Orgo ll, you can do it!! Orgo ll might not be as hard as Physics 2, eg Gauss' Law, is the good news. Additionally, any acceptance may be conditional upon successful completion with a "B" or better from all coursework represented as being in progress.

Hang in there with Orgo ll, you can do it!! Orgo ll might not be as hard as Physics 2, eg Gauss' Law, is the good news. Additionally, any acceptance may be conditional upon successful completion with a "B" or better from all coursework represented as being in progress.
really? says who (about the conditional offer) lol

really? says who (about the conditional offer) lol
lol, perhaps to avoid "senioritis" :> in particular traditional matriculants, eg applying the summer before Senior year the conditional/caveat supposition would be they graduate probably first, second their courses are completed in a manner Adcom finds satisfactory. It is not uncommon for applicants to apply at a stage where they have not yet, but plan to complete required prerequisites or courses in process that strengthen their application. You got this! You can conquer that Orgo II !

My file is slated to be presented to the adcom on 3/9. My understanding is that accepted people get an AWPA notification in the mail a few days after presentation, and then official acceptance comes through email. Is that correct?

My file is slated to be presented to the adcom on 3/9. My understanding is that accepted people get an AWPA notification in the mail a few days after presentation, and then official acceptance comes through email. Is that correct?
AWPA = via mail

Official acceptance = instantly on email but also comes through mail a few days after.

Has anyone else on the AWPA list applied to the Lincoln Scholars Program?

The admissions director said another February batch will be sent after Feb 23rd, so we may get some A's this week!

• Wow
The admissions director said another February batch will be sent after Feb 23rd, so we may get some A's this week!
aaaah omg my file is being presented tomorrow, hope I'm in that batch!

Anyone receive an A today? I was put on AWPA earlier this month

did they already send out all the batches for this week?

Just got off the phone with admissions and they said adcom met yesterday so a batch should be expected either today or tomorrow
all of my friends who have heard back got their decision 1 week after ADCOM presented their files. So i wouldn't get your hopes up about this week.

all of my friends who have heard back got their decision 1 week after ADCOM presented their files. So i wouldn't get your hopes up about this week.
It just depends where u are placed on the list, not necessarily the timeline. You can get a decision one day after or 3 months after. Depends how high/ low your ranked after the adcom meeting i believe!

I mean like actual acceptance batches. I’ve already had my file presentation date a couple weeks ago but in terms of acceptances, she said there could be a batch sent out this week.

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
Is there a specific time/day of the week that the batches are usually sent out?

Is there a specific time/day of the week that the batches are usually sent out?
I remember the last person who got an acceptance said they got it around noon, but i am sure its jus random