2020-2021 Southern Illinois

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I called admissions and they told me the same thing and that most movement is seen around April 30th for students who decide to go elsewhere.
So do we think maybe they already sent out most acceptances to fill the class? Or does anyone know how many seats have already been filled/acceptances given?
 
I interviewed on February 12th, still haven't heard anything back! I'm guessing I was one of the last groups of people being interviewed. I wonder if I'll hear anything back this week!
 
So do we think maybe they already sent out most acceptances to fill the class? Or does anyone know how many seats have already been filled/acceptances given?
We don't know. last year, there were acceptances on Wednesday, 3/11, so I am hopeful that there will be acceptances tomorrow (the "equivalent" day/date this cycle) as a last batch to fill the class. Apparently, large numbers (like, 2/3) of the people who are given the initial acceptances turn down the offer for other acceptances, so even if the class is already currently "full," we would expect quite a few more acceptances sprinkled in over the coming weeks as people decline enrollment.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So do we think maybe they already sent out most acceptances to fill the class? Or does anyone know how many seats have already been filled/acceptances given?
I think a lot will be sent out this week! It looks like from other posts that 3/9 was when some files were still being presented. Hopefully we hear back this weekend. All this waiting is killing me 😅
 
We don't know. last year, there were acceptances on Wednesday, 3/11, so I am hopeful that there will be acceptances tomorrow (the "equivalent" day/date this cycle) as a last batch to fill the class. Apparently, large numbers (like, 2/3) of the people who are given the initial acceptances turn down the offer for other acceptances, so even if the class is already currently "full," we would expect quite a few more acceptances sprinkled in over the coming weeks as people decline enrollment.
There is still opportunity for waitlist movement, stay positive and the waiting stinks, but being a physician is way more stressful and requires infinite patience. Last years numbers are below.
Number acceptances offered138
Number of students enrolled80
 
Last year I was on the AWPA list. They sent me an email on March 18th that they had sent out all three batches of acceptances and the class was full.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
isn't Monday the recommended deadline for them to send all initial offers? aaagghhhh here's hoping for today or tomorrow
Yeah, Monday is the deadline, so I would say we could hear today, tomorrow, or Monday. Decisions released on Monday wouldn't be made on Monday, so I think it would still be okay according to the AAMC deadline. Monday would be the latest for the initial class-filling, though.
 
Had a friend of mine get an A around 11 am today, so they definitely sent some out. That doesn't mean they won't still send em tomorrow and Monday (which I'm personally hoping for)
Congratulations to your friend! Was their file recently presented to Adcom or were they on the waitlist for a period of time? Will they be retaining their seat or do they have another opportunity that is a better fit for them personally? All the more power in your hopes and there is still time left in the cycle.
 
Had a friend of mine get an A around 11 am today, so they definitely sent some out. That doesn't mean they won't still send em tomorrow and Monday (which I'm personally hoping for)
Yeah congratulations to your friend! So are batch acceptances not sent out all at the same time?
 
The admissions advisor told me a lot of movement is seen around 4/30 so there is still hope!
A lot of people have SIU as a "safety" school, and when they get in somewhere they would prefer to go, they drop SIU. The largest groups of people who do that are typically around the AAMC deadline of 4/30, though there are always declinations sprinkled in March and earlier April. SIU is my 1st choice, so y'all who are planning on accepting other offers - please give your spot to me 😉😉😉
 
A lot of people have SIU as a "safety" school, and when they get in somewhere they would prefer to go, they drop SIU. The largest groups of people who do that are typically around the AAMC deadline of 4/30, though there are always declinations sprinkled in March and earlier April. SIU is my 1st choice, so y'all who are planning on accepting other offers - please give your spot to me 😉😉😉
SIU is my number 1 too! So I am in the same boat. Fingers crossed for an A before April!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Post interview "reapply" option. Since I already have an A at a DO school this cycle, that's gonna be a no from me. Good luck to those still in the running
Screenshot_20210313-121422_Chrome.jpg
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad