2020-2021 TCU & UNTHSC

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TheDataKing

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Please tag a pre-allo moderator when the second prompt is posted.

Good luck to everyone applying!

Interview Feedback: Coming Soon!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Isn't the secondary for this school an audio prompt?
Yes, it has been an audio response secondary and they read your primary first before inviting, so look for an invitation a little later from this school than from other Texas schools.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Yes, it has been an audio/video response secondary and they read your primary first before inviting, so look for an invitation a little later from this school than from other Texas schools.

Especially because you don't apply through TMDSAS

Looks like secondary//audio invites didn't go out last year until the end of August. The first report on SDN that I saw was Aug 23rd, 2019.

Anyone know when we can expect to hear anything?

Reactions: 1 user
Anyone know when we can expect to hear anything?
Just sight tight. COVID pushed everything back and last year they supposedly sent some secondaries late August. May or may not be the same case this time!

I received my secondary, but I am having issues with the Mission fit Inventories tab. I finished the surveys, but it still says it is not completed. I can't submit until this page is checked off. Anyone else having this issue?

I received my secondary, but I am having issues with the Mission fit Inventories tab. I finished the surveys, but it still says it is not completed. I can't submit until this page is checked off. Anyone else having this issue?
OOS Still haven't received a secondary. When did you submit a primary?

Primary was submitted June 2nd. Verified 6/19. Transmitted 7/10. Secondary Received 7/23.

Are there written questions this year? if yes, could you post the prompts?
I am sure that on the TCU secondary they ask you to agree not to share the questions. All schools likewise ask you not to share MMI station questions.
The purpose of these kinds of setups is to elicit a natural and spontaneous response from you, see how you think on your feet, and see how you communicate.

Members don't see this ad :)
I am sure that on the TCU secondary they ask you to agree not to share the questions. All schools likewise ask you not to share MMI station questions.
The purpose of these kinds of setups is to elicit a natural and spontaneous response from you, see how you think on your feet, and see how you communicate.

Honestly enjoyed this method far more. Sounding genuine is way easier through the audio responses.

Yes absolutely! Based on the way OP posted that they received a secondary, it just sounded like it might be a different, written prompt this year, in which case it would make sense to post the prompts for prep

I know that there is a 3 letter minimum, but is there a maximum?

Still no secondary, anyone else recently receive one?
Haven't received one yet, from what I've heard they do a pretty holistic screen before secondary. TCU is one of my top choices too because of the location in Texas.

Reactions: 3 users
Haven't received one yet, from what I've heard they do a pretty holistic screen before secondary. TCU is one of my top choices too because of the location in Texas.
Is there a minimum MCAT/GPA requirement?

Does everyone receive a secondary or just a %?

Hey guys MS1 here. TCU’s website has updated to include our class demographic. This year we had an average gpa of 3.67 and mcat of 509. I personally know our class had a seriously huge range of scores.

Reactions: 5 users
Hey guys MS1 here. TCU’s website has updated to include our class demographic. This year we had an average gpa of 3.67 and mcat of 509. I personally know our class had a seriously huge range of scores.

Thanks for the update!

Just received a secondary, OOS!

Reactions: 3 users
Received a secondary this morning! transmitted on July 10. IS LM: 66

How do we know if our courses fit the pre-requisite requirement? I never took a formal "genetics" class but I took a graduate-level molecular cell biology course that covered many of the topics listed on the website.

Secondary received just now. IS, transmitted July 10.

Will we be able to practice before we submit our final response?

How do we know if our courses fit the pre-requisite requirement? I never took a formal "genetics" class but I took a graduate-level molecular cell biology course that covered many of the topics listed on the website.

I would email the school and ask they are very receptive. You also don’t have to meet the requirements to apply you just have to complete them before school starts.

OOS received. I really like the concept of the "interactive" secondary, however the mission fit inventories seem a little odd tbh. Especially the Life Long Learning Skills one.

Reactions: 2 users
Received secondary OOS 07/28 and just completed the secondary. Loved the secondary!

Without saying what the prompts are, are they similar to MMI questions? Or interview questions? Do I need to prepare in any way?

Will do, apologies... I'm just a nervous nelly lol

No need to be nervous, no need to prepare either. TCU does well to create prompts that allow for self-expression without too much thought. Read the prompt, take a deep breath, answer honestly.

OOS and haven't heard anything at all.

Is this normal?

OOS, got the secondary around 10 am today (Colorado)

I wouldn’t worry. In the secondary invite, it seems like they screen primaries carefully before sending secondary invitations. I’d give them more time

TCU must be listening :shifty:, got the secondary a few minutes ago.

IS- Just received secondary today at 4:45 CST. Primary application verified 6/4.

Secondary received OOS LM 72