You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2020-2021 TCU & UNTHSC
Started by TheDataKing
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
D
deleted1040408
Isn't the secondary for this school an audio prompt?
Yes, it has been an audio response secondary and they read your primary first before inviting, so look for an invitation a little later from this school than from other Texas schools.Isn't the secondary for this school an audio prompt?
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
bumney
Full Member
Yes, it has been an audio/video response secondary and they read your primary first before inviting, so look for an invitation a little later from this school than from other Texas schools.
Especially because you don't apply through TMDSAS
InfectiousDiseasesH&TM
Full Member
Looks like secondary//audio invites didn't go out last year until the end of August. The first report on SDN that I saw was Aug 23rd, 2019.
Just sight tight. COVID pushed everything back and last year they supposedly sent some secondaries late August. May or may not be the same case this time!Anyone know when we can expect to hear anything?
I received my secondary, but I am having issues with the Mission fit Inventories tab. I finished the surveys, but it still says it is not completed. I can't submit until this page is checked off. Anyone else having this issue?
OOS Still haven't received a secondary. When did you submit a primary?I received my secondary, but I am having issues with the Mission fit Inventories tab. I finished the surveys, but it still says it is not completed. I can't submit until this page is checked off. Anyone else having this issue?
Primary was submitted June 2nd. Verified 6/19. Transmitted 7/10. Secondary Received 7/23.
Are there written questions this year? if yes, could you post the prompts?Primary was submitted June 2nd. Verified 6/19. Transmitted 7/10. Secondary Received 7/23.
Are there written questions this year? if yes, could you post the prompts?
Only audio responses.
I am sure that on the TCU secondary they ask you to agree not to share the questions. All schools likewise ask you not to share MMI station questions.Are there written questions this year? if yes, could you post the prompts?
The purpose of these kinds of setups is to elicit a natural and spontaneous response from you, see how you think on your feet, and see how you communicate.
I am sure that on the TCU secondary they ask you to agree not to share the questions. All schools likewise ask you not to share MMI station questions.
The purpose of these kinds of setups is to elicit a natural and spontaneous response from you, see how you think on your feet, and see how you communicate.
Honestly enjoyed this method far more. Sounding genuine is way easier through the audio responses.
Yes absolutely! Based on the way OP posted that they received a secondary, it just sounded like it might be a different, written prompt this year, in which case it would make sense to post the prompts for prepI am sure that on the TCU secondary they ask you to agree not to share the questions. All schools likewise ask you not to share MMI station questions.
The purpose of these kinds of setups is to elicit a natural and spontaneous response from you, see how you think on your feet, and see how you communicate.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
carbonred
Full Member
Haven't received one yet, from what I've heard they do a pretty holistic screen before secondary. TCU is one of my top choices too because of the location in Texas.Still no secondary, anyone else recently receive one?
Is there a minimum MCAT/GPA requirement?Haven't received one yet, from what I've heard they do a pretty holistic screen before secondary. TCU is one of my top choices too because of the location in Texas.
3.0 / 497. Yes, really.Is there a minimum MCAT/GPA requirement?
Y'all should go read their admissions web page, lots of information on there.
Hey guys MS1 here. TCU’s website has updated to include our class demographic. This year we had an average gpa of 3.67 and mcat of 509. I personally know our class had a seriously huge range of scores.
Hey guys MS1 here. TCU’s website has updated to include our class demographic. This year we had an average gpa of 3.67 and mcat of 509. I personally know our class had a seriously huge range of scores.
Thanks for the update!
Just received a secondary, OOS!
when were you verified and complete??Just received a secondary, OOS!
Brownkid95
Full Member
Received a secondary this morning! transmitted on July 10. IS LM: 66
lunacat123
Full Member
Secondary received just now. IS, transmitted July 10.
Secondary received OOS transmitted 7/10
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Once you have started recording there is no pausing or redoing it.Will we be able to practice before we submit our final response?
How do we know if our courses fit the pre-requisite requirement? I never took a formal "genetics" class but I took a graduate-level molecular cell biology course that covered many of the topics listed on the website.
I would email the school and ask they are very receptive. You also don’t have to meet the requirements to apply you just have to complete them before school starts.
OOS received. I really like the concept of the "interactive" secondary, however the mission fit inventories seem a little odd tbh. Especially the Life Long Learning Skills one.
FracturedPhalanx
Full Member
+1Secondary received just now. IS, transmitted July 10.
Asp1retoInsp1re
Full Member
Is it video as well as audio?
Without saying what the prompts are, are they similar to MMI questions? Or interview questions? Do I need to prepare in any way?
Will do, apologies... I'm just a nervous nelly lol#13 please stop asking this question. Just Bee (or beefeedflowermix) yourself.
Will do, apologies... I'm just a nervous nelly lol
No need to be nervous, no need to prepare either. TCU does well to create prompts that allow for self-expression without too much thought. Read the prompt, take a deep breath, answer honestly.
OOS and haven't heard anything at all.
Is this normal?
Is this normal?
OOS and haven't heard anything at all.
Is this normal?
I wouldn’t worry. In the secondary invite, it seems like they screen primaries carefully before sending secondary invitations. I’d give them more time
Just audioIs it video as well as audio?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I wouldn’t worry. In the secondary invite, it seems like they screen primaries carefully before sending secondary invitations. I’d give them more time
TCU must be listening 😏, got the secondary a few minutes ago.
+1 IS as wellSecondary received this morning, lizzyM 70, instate