-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2020-2021 TCU & UNTHSC
Started by TheDataKing
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I think the last round was around 3pm CSTWhat time of day do decisions typically come out?
Nvrgiveup01
Full Member
Last week's interviewers should be hearing back tomorrow!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Nvrgiveup01
Full Member
No love from TCU so far today
EDIT: JUST GOT THE A!
EDIT: JUST GOT THE A!
Last edited:
Congrats! They call you?No love from TCU so far today
EDIT: JUST GOT THE A!
Nice profile pic!Congrats! They call you?
nosecretingredient
New Member
Me manifesting from your energy after 4x continued consideration 😀No love from TCU so far today
EDIT: JUST GOT THE A!
I waited for many weeks as well and it does suck. Hang in there, your A at the end will make it so worth it!!Welp, Continued Consideration x6. Truly believe an R would be better than going through this every 2 weeks.
chippers17
Full Member
It’s the 7th for me 😔 I feel your painWelp, Continued Consideration x6. Truly believe an R would be better than going through this every 2 weeks.
Straight to the R pile. Ouch.
First continued consideration today. Heeeeeeere we go!
chippers17
Full Member
Dang I’m so sorry. I was anxiously waiting for a response like you and can imagine how heartbreaking that is. Hoping you hear good news soon!Straight to the R pile. Ouch.
CC x5 today lol.....are we all just gonna get on the WL then?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Nvrgiveup01
Full Member
Thank you! And yes, followed by an email.Congrats! They call you?
Nvrgiveup01
Full Member
Hang in there! Hoping for an A on your end as wellMe manifesting from your energy after 4x continued consideration 😀
Welp, Continued Consideration x6. Truly believe an R would be better than going through this every 2 weeks.
It’s the 7th for me 😔 I feel your pain
hang in there!! I was on hold 10x last year and got my A the last regular decision day before a WL was made. I promise being on hold is WAY better than that R... it’s brutal to wait, but keep the faith!! You got this!
Valid point, but I've seen people with 5-7 holds get axed later in the cycle. This probably won't happen to a lot of us, but just uncertain how things will pan out before April...hang in there!! I was on hold 10x last year and got my A the last regular decision day before a WL was made. I promise being on hold is WAY better than that R... it’s brutal to wait, but keep the faith!! You got this!
It’s true that does happen, but your chances of an acceptance are a lot better if you’re on hold vs rejected!Valid point, but I've seen people with 5-7 holds get axed later in the cycle. This probably won't happen to a lot of us, but just uncertain how things will pan out before April...
I applied end of August and have gotten an II or a Pre-II R. Just radio silence from the school. If they aren’t going to interview me then I just want that pre-ii R. I had another school deny me pre-ii and I felt a wave of relief because I finally had an answer
I was complete in July/August for MD & DO and haven't heard anything from the majority of my schools. Definitely sucks, but I think that's just how this cycle's going for a lot of us.I applied end of August and have gotten an II or a Pre-II R. Just radio silence from the school. If they aren’t going to interview me then I just want that pre-ii R. I had another school deny me pre-ii and I felt a wave of relief because I finally had an answer
DogLover14
Full Member
I finished this secondary at the end of August, however my final LOR wasn't submitted until the middle of October. I just got the interview invite a couple of weeks ago and am interviewing tomorrow. I think they're getting to people who were complete in October around now so hang in there!Anyone who was complete mid-late October get any sort of update (pre II rejection/II) on your application? I know i applied late but feels like my chances are getting slimmer each day lol
Congrats on your interview invite!! Good luck and hopefully I’ll get one soon. 🤞I finished this secondary at the end of August, however my final LOR wasn't submitted until the middle of October. I just got the interview invite a couple of weeks ago and am interviewing tomorrow. I think they're getting to people who were complete in October around now so hang in there!
Nvrgiveup01
Full Member
I was complete around the same time as you and just interviewed a couple weeks ago. Don't lose hope yet!Was complete 8/9 and radio silence since then. Taking it as a silent R. Congrats and Good luck to everyone else!
Does anyone know where they list the policy regarding letters of update or updated transcripts? I was hoping to find something clear online.
No II at this point, completed 8/15/2020, so some time ago. I have new updates including research (Over 200 hrs, never mentioned on my primary at all) and a completed semester of grad school at a top 15 institution. MCAT 511, undergrad GPA 3.69, grad school GPA 3.79.
No II at this point, completed 8/15/2020, so some time ago. I have new updates including research (Over 200 hrs, never mentioned on my primary at all) and a completed semester of grad school at a top 15 institution. MCAT 511, undergrad GPA 3.69, grad school GPA 3.79.
Not sure about on their website/emails, but the admissions office has said here on sdn that they don't accept updates, see post #231Does anyone know where they list the policy regarding letters of update or updated transcripts? I was hoping to find something clear online.
No II at this point, completed 8/15/2020, so some time ago. I have new updates including research (Over 200 hrs, never mentioned on my primary at all) and a completed semester of grad school at a top 15 institution. MCAT 511, undergrad GPA 3.69, grad school GPA 3.79.
Just a reminder, there's a curriculum deep dive today at 3:30 CST for interviewees!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Do we know if any more interview invites will be going out?
Nvrgiveup01
Full Member
Agreed. This was the best acceptance letter because of how personalized it was.Just got my acceptance letter in the mail from Dean Flynn and was shook to find that it was personalized with things I wrote about in my application. It was really heartwarming. Love this school
Oh wow, I was accepted in December and got the email saying Congrats, but nothing more than that. Did you guys get the letter in the mail afterward?Just got my acceptance letter in the mail from Dean Flynn and was shook to find that it was personalized with things I wrote about in my application. It was really heartwarming. Love this school
Oh wow, I was accepted in December and got the email saying Congrats, but nothing more than that. Did you guys get the letter in the mail afterward?
I was accepted on Jan 8th and the letter in the mail from the dean was dated Jan 25th and arrived for me yesterday!
hopefulpremed100
Full Member
When I started to read the letter I was so surprised as well! This school is definitely special. So thankful for people like Dean Flynn that goes above and beyond.Just got my acceptance letter in the mail from Dean Flynn and was shook to find that it was personalized with things I wrote about in my application. It was really heartwarming. Love this school
People got some last week, still a possibility out there!I applied as an international student, and submitted my application in December right before the cut off. Does anyone know if they still send out any interview invites?
Are there still II's available here? I was complete 9/11 and starting to lose some hope
Are there any scholarships available in this school? I'm not eligible for federal aid, so trying to see what my options are...
+1 Hoping they show some empathy !Are there still II's available here? I was complete 9/11 and starting to lose some hope
Nvrgiveup01
Full Member
Barely any. Let's just say my scholarship award was not that generous.Are there any scholarships available in this school? I'm not eligible for federal aid, so trying to see what my options are...
I second that... it was a nice amount alone but did not make a large dent in the grand scheme of the cost.Barely any. Let's just say my scholarship award was not that generous.
CONGRATS!!! Complete date?II just now!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Late AugustCONGRATS!!! Complete date?
mind sharing how far out they're scheduling interviews? and stats!Late August
journey_awaits
Full Member
Sending positive energy to all of us 2/5ers!!! We got this🙂
I got an II to this school and I’m interviewing in April. Am I at a disadvantage for interviewing this late? Anyone got luck after a late interview?
It takes resources to interview a student. They are serious about you. Good Luck !
Congrats ! Complete date?