2020-2021 TCU & UNTHSC

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
What time of day do decisions typically come out?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Last week's interviewers should be hearing back tomorrow!

Members don't see this ad :)
No love from TCU so far today

EDIT: JUST GOT THE A!

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 20 users
Welp, Continued Consideration x6. Truly believe an R would be better than going through this every 2 weeks.

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
Welp, Continued Consideration x6. Truly believe an R would be better than going through this every 2 weeks.
I waited for many weeks as well and it does suck. Hang in there, your A at the end will make it so worth it!!

Reactions: 2 users
First continued consideration today. Heeeeeeere we go!

Members don't see this ad :)

It’s the 7th for me 😔 I feel your pain

hang in there!! I was on hold 10x last year and got my A the last regular decision day before a WL was made. I promise being on hold is WAY better than that R... it’s brutal to wait, but keep the faith!! You got this!

Reactions: 4 users
hang in there!! I was on hold 10x last year and got my A the last regular decision day before a WL was made. I promise being on hold is WAY better than that R... it’s brutal to wait, but keep the faith!! You got this!
Valid point, but I've seen people with 5-7 holds get axed later in the cycle. This probably won't happen to a lot of us, but just uncertain how things will pan out before April...

Valid point, but I've seen people with 5-7 holds get axed later in the cycle. This probably won't happen to a lot of us, but just uncertain how things will pan out before April...
It’s true that does happen, but your chances of an acceptance are a lot better if you’re on hold vs rejected!

Anyone who was complete mid-late October get any sort of update (pre II rejection/II) on your application? I know i applied late but feels like my chances are getting slimmer each day lol

Reactions: 1 users
I applied end of August and have gotten an II or a Pre-II R. Just radio silence from the school. If they aren’t going to interview me then I just want that pre-ii R. I had another school deny me pre-ii and I felt a wave of relief because I finally had an answer

• Care
Reactions: 8 users
I applied end of August and have gotten an II or a Pre-II R. Just radio silence from the school. If they aren’t going to interview me then I just want that pre-ii R. I had another school deny me pre-ii and I felt a wave of relief because I finally had an answer
I was complete in July/August for MD & DO and haven't heard anything from the majority of my schools. Definitely sucks, but I think that's just how this cycle's going for a lot of us.

• Care
Reactions: 5 users
Anyone who was complete mid-late October get any sort of update (pre II rejection/II) on your application? I know i applied late but feels like my chances are getting slimmer each day lol
I finished this secondary at the end of August, however my final LOR wasn't submitted until the middle of October. I just got the interview invite a couple of weeks ago and am interviewing tomorrow. I think they're getting to people who were complete in October around now so hang in there!

I finished this secondary at the end of August, however my final LOR wasn't submitted until the middle of October. I just got the interview invite a couple of weeks ago and am interviewing tomorrow. I think they're getting to people who were complete in October around now so hang in there!
Congrats on your interview invite!! Good luck and hopefully I’ll get one soon. 🤞

Was complete 8/9 and radio silence since then. Taking it as a silent R. Congrats and Good luck to everyone else!

Was complete 8/9 and radio silence since then. Taking it as a silent R. Congrats and Good luck to everyone else!
I was complete around the same time as you and just interviewed a couple weeks ago. Don't lose hope yet!

Does anyone know where they list the policy regarding letters of update or updated transcripts? I was hoping to find something clear online.

No II at this point, completed 8/15/2020, so some time ago. I have new updates including research (Over 200 hrs, never mentioned on my primary at all) and a completed semester of grad school at a top 15 institution. MCAT 511, undergrad GPA 3.69, grad school GPA 3.79.

Does anyone know where they list the policy regarding letters of update or updated transcripts? I was hoping to find something clear online.

No II at this point, completed 8/15/2020, so some time ago. I have new updates including research (Over 200 hrs, never mentioned on my primary at all) and a completed semester of grad school at a top 15 institution. MCAT 511, undergrad GPA 3.69, grad school GPA 3.79.
Not sure about on their website/emails, but the admissions office has said here on sdn that they don't accept updates, see post #231

Just a reminder, there's a curriculum deep dive today at 3:30 CST for interviewees!

Just got my acceptance letter in the mail from Dean Flynn and was shook to find that it was personalized with things I wrote about in my application. It was really heartwarming. Love this school

• Love
Reactions: 14 users
Just got my acceptance letter in the mail from Dean Flynn and was shook to find that it was personalized with things I wrote about in my application. It was really heartwarming. Love this school
Agreed. This was the best acceptance letter because of how personalized it was.

Oh wow, I was accepted in December and got the email saying Congrats, but nothing more than that. Did you guys get the letter in the mail afterward?

Oh wow, I was accepted in December and got the email saying Congrats, but nothing more than that. Did you guys get the letter in the mail afterward?

I was accepted on Jan 8th and the letter in the mail from the dean was dated Jan 25th and arrived for me yesterday!

When I started to read the letter I was so surprised as well! This school is definitely special. So thankful for people like Dean Flynn that goes above and beyond.

I applied as an international student, and submitted my application in December right before the cut off. Does anyone know if they still send out any interview invites?

I applied as an international student, and submitted my application in December right before the cut off. Does anyone know if they still send out any interview invites?
People got some last week, still a possibility out there!

Are there still II's available here? I was complete 9/11 and starting to lose some hope

• Care
Are there any scholarships available in this school? I'm not eligible for federal aid, so trying to see what my options are...

Are there any scholarships available in this school? I'm not eligible for federal aid, so trying to see what my options are...
Barely any. Let's just say my scholarship award was not that generous.

I got an II to this school and I’m interviewing in April. Am I at a disadvantage for interviewing this late? Anyone got luck after a late interview?

I got an II to this school and I’m interviewing in April. Am I at a disadvantage for interviewing this late? Anyone got luck after a late interview?

It takes resources to interview a student. They are serious about you. Good Luck !
Congrats ! Complete date?

Reactions: 2 users