2020-2021 TCU & UNTHSC

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
ACCEPTED. I'm still shaking and I was a befuddled mess on the phone with Carlos but oh my goodness am I overjoyed!! Hoping you all get the call too :')

Members don't see this ad.

• Care
Reactions: 11 users
ACCEPTED. I'm still shaking and I was a befuddled mess on the phone with Carlos but oh my goodness am I overjoyed!! Hoping you all get the call too :')
Congrats! How often do A calls go out? I am interviewing next month

• Care
Reactions: 1 user
So happy for you!!
Hoping my time comes soon too. Continued consideration x 4 gang for now lol

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
ACCEPTED after being UC x 3. Does anyone know if it is a binding decision or will I be able to make a final decision in April?

• Care
Reactions: 8 users
Well, I can confirm the wait makes the acceptance that much sweeter! Can’t wait to get started!

• Care
Reactions: 5 users
Well, I can confirm the wait makes the acceptance that much sweeter! Can’t wait to get started!
Yoo!!! I was waiting for your post today after reading all of your continued consideration posts. HAPPY FOR YOU!!

Also happy to report that I've been accepted today! Please message me if a groupchat pops up for accepted students, and going to cross my fingers that all y'all waiting get good news soon.

• Care
  • Love
Congrats to all the As recently! For those with multiple acceptances, is TCU your first choice? If so, why? Thanks in advance!

Members don't see this ad :)
Got the acceptance call yesterday after continued consideration 3x!!! So extremely overjoyed and excited, absolutely LOVE this school and their curriculum. Hoping to see if they offer some $$$.

• Care
Reactions: 5 users
x2
I literally thought that I had written this because I had the same experience haha. Congrats to everyone who got the A yesterday. Good luck to all those who are in the running!
I wanted to ask if anyone knew if there was a Facebook group yet for accepted students?

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
x2
I literally thought that I had written this because I had the same experience haha. Congrats to everyone who got the A yesterday. Good luck to all those who are in the running!
I wanted to ask if anyone knew if there was a Facebook group yet for accepted students?
I didn’t find one when I looked, but I can help make one. Alternatively, I know some accepted groups have a WhatsApp/texting thread. Up to interested parties

Reactions: 4 users
I didn’t find one when I looked, but I can help make one. Alternatively, I know some accepted groups have a WhatsApp/texting thread. Up to interested parties
I would be down for a Facebook group. But I’m up for whatever. I can help you out with this if you want!

Congrats to everyone who got accepted! Not sure if this is a silly question, but I was wondering if during the interview we're expected to have questions prepared beforehand like a traditional interview? This is going to be my first MMI and I'm feeling incredibly nervous about it. Also haven't really been able to reach 8 minutes when responding to ethical questions unless I completely babble and repeat myself in different ways which I don't want to do hahah. Just wondering how the rest of the time would be filled up if I don't reach the 8 minutes.

Congrats to everyone who got accepted! Not sure if this is a silly question, but I was wondering if during the interview we're expected to have questions prepared beforehand like a traditional interview? This is going to be my first MMI and I'm feeling incredibly nervous about it. Also haven't really been able to reach 8 minutes when responding to ethical questions unless I completely babble and repeat myself in different ways which I don't want to do hahah. Just wondering how the rest of the time would be filled up if I don't reach the 8 minutes.
Actually, it's better if you don't reach 8 minutes with the first question of the station. They will have other followup questions they'll ask that will help you pick up a few points on the station. If you end up answering all of them, they'll possibly ask you if you have any questions with the remaining time, or just thank you and send you back to the main room. I haven't interviewed here, but I interviewed at two other schools with MMIs and that's been my experience. Hope it helps!

Actually, it's better if you don't reach 8 minutes with the first question of the station. They will have other followup questions they'll ask that will help you pick up a few points on the station. If you end up answering all of them, they'll possibly ask you if you have any questions with the remaining time, or just thank you and send you back to the main room. I haven't interviewed here, but I interviewed at two other schools with MMIs and that's been my experience. Hope it helps!
Thank you so much for your insight!

Hi Everyone,
I went ahead and made a Facebook group for those of us who have been accepted to this school. Here is the link: Facebook Groups
If someone would like to help me be an admin for the group, please let me know. Can't wait to get to know all of you.
Once again, good luck to all of those still applying and trying to get in. I believe in you.

Hi Everyone,
I went ahead and made a Facebook group for those of us who have been accepted to this school. Here is the link: Facebook Groups
If someone would like to help me be an admin for the group, please let me know. Can't wait to get to know all of you.
Once again, good luck to all of those still applying and trying to get in. I believe in you.
Awesome, thanks! Also just DM’d you on fb about helping out.

Spot on here. Exactly how I approached the interview.

Just got an II! Complete 8/23, OOS. Earliest dates I could see were in March!

• Care
  • Love
Got an II! See my older comments for stats. But I'm turning it down because I don't think I'd pick this school over my top accepted. I really hope it goes to one of you waiting

• Care
Reactions: 6 users
Received an II yesterday but am withdrawing my application. Complete in late August. Dates available are in mid-March.

Hope it goes to one of you!

• Wow
Anyone know the last month schools typically offer interview dates?

Is a car necessary as a med student at TCU? Just need to know if I should be getting one or not.

Is a car necessary as a med student at TCU? Just need to know if I should be getting one or not.
Hi! I believe they told us a car was necessary, and I agree. Even as a MS1, you don't know where your assigned preceptor's clinic will be. It is very unlikely it will be within walking distance of your apartment. You will also need a car when Phase 2 (MS2) starts and likely to work with your SPT mentor as well.

From my limited research, it doesn't seem that Forth Worth has a great public transportation system. They do have a couple trains to get through the main part of town to the airport and to Dallas

If I haven’t received an interview invite is it too late for this cycle? I completed my secondary 10-15

If I haven’t received an interview invite is it too late for this cycle? I completed my secondary 10-15
I believe they interview until April, so I think you still have some time.

Received an II for a January date but was accepted to my top choice today and will be withdrawing my interview. Good luck and hope it goes to one of you!

• Love
Reactions: 9 users
Received an II for a January date but was accepted to my top choice today and will be withdrawing my interview. Good luck and hope it goes to one of you!
Congrats on your top choice! Did you receive it today, and if so when was your complete date! Thanks!

Congrats on your top choice! Did you receive it today, and if so when was your complete date! Thanks!
Thank you! I received the II about 3 weeks ago and was complete around mid-August.

Reactions: 2 users
Current students - what does welcome week entail? Is attendance mandatory?

Current students - what does welcome week entail? Is attendance mandatory?
Attendance is mandatory.

Here's an article that highlights what our virtual welcome week entailed.

On MSAR it says that there is no deposit if accepted, is this accurate?

I know I keeping asking questions, but is the interview blind? I know most MMI's are closed file, I just wanted to make sure this school isn't different

I know im super late but do you guys its worth starting an app for this cycle. 504 mcat, 3.5 gpa?
You have missed the deadlines for this cycle. The secondary app, by invitation only after screening, had a deadline of December 15th.

Does anyone know about when the latest time would be where they call/email an update today? Hoping I hear something before I go to work this evening 😅

Does anyone know about when the latest time would be where they call/email an update today? Hoping I hear something before I go to work this evening 😅
They usually start sending stuff out around 3-4pm PST