2020-2021 Touro College of Osteopathic Medicine (Harlem Campus)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
You have to email the application? I just submitted the application and got an acknowledgment email.

Members don't see this ad.

Huh, I guess I was confused by the email they sent. Thank you for letting me know I did not read the email carefully enough!

Reactions: 1 user
I have another question by prerequisite do they mean their course pre requisites or in general. For example I was placed out of calc due to my ap score but I still took stats so I still fulfilled their pre requisite.

Members don't see this ad :)
Is the hefty fee intended to deter applicants? Because it's working on me.

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
II! This will be my first interview for the cycle. Tips appreciated. Also, it's in 4 days o_O

Reactions: 3 users
anyone else not receive a completion email yet?? I sent them my secondary 8/28

I applied to all 3 Touro campuses and got denied to Nevada and California. I never heard anything back from NY since the primary was complete back in late June/early July, but I figure the outcome is the same. Is it worth sending an email?

I applied to all 3 Touro campuses and got denied to Nevada and California. I never heard anything back from NY since the primary was complete back in late June/early July, but I figure the outcome is the same. Is it worth sending an email?
They heavily screen primaries for GPA/MCAT I think. Still worth sending an email showing interest!

Complete email! Secondary submitted/emailed 8/26

Members don't see this ad :)
Is the hefty fee intended to deter applicants? Because it's working on me.
Probably used only to take serious applicants. If you received the secondary, you have a high chance of landing an interview.

Probably used only to take serious applicants. If you received the secondary, you have a high chance of landing an interview.
That isn't true, they only interview 10% of those who submit a secondary.

II received today, OOS 3.57c/3.55s/512. Complete email received 9/3, submitted 8/25. Haven't heard from anything from Nevada or Ca yet!

Anyone still waiting on complete email? Submitted 8/28

Reactions: 2 users
ll Received today OOS

Does anyone know roughly the Post interview acceptance rate?

Good luck to those interviewing today or on the 16th!!!!<333 Could someone who has interviewed provide some thoughts on the structure/format/etc of it???

II today, OOS. Y’all are animals, replied an hour after I got the email and all the September slots were already gone. Complete 9/6

• Haha
I accidentally uploaded instead of emailing the supplemental. How long did it take for them to acknowledge that they received your supplemental via email?

I accidentally uploaded instead of emailing the supplemental. How long did it take for them to acknowledge that they received your supplemental via email?
For me it was about two and a half weeks.

Good luck to those interviewing today or on the 16th!!!!<333 Could someone who has interviewed provide some thoughts on the structure/format/etc of it???

I interviewed yesterday and I thought everything was very laid back. You start with an intro session and then have your interview, mine was 30 minutes long with two faculty members who took turns asking me questions. The questions were general medical school interview questions nothing really tricky. After you have a Q&A with the deans, a student, and the OMM director. Overall it seems to be pretty consistent with the interview format other schools are doing this cycle.

Reactions: 2 users
anyone else get an email about supplemental app processing info? seems like an acknowledgement email instead of a complete one. I'm confused. I just want my app reviewed lol

anyone else get an email about supplemental app processing info? seems like an acknowledgement email instead of a complete one. I'm confused. I just want my app reviewed lol
Yeah got the same one but haven’t gotten a complete email yet

This is the email I received, so I'm taking it as a complete email.
Thank you for your interest in TouroCOM-NY, this email will acknowledge receipt of your Supplemental Application and Personal Essay.
At this time your application is complete and no further action is required on your part.

This is the email I received, so I'm taking it as a complete email.
Thank you for your interest in TouroCOM-NY, this email will acknowledge receipt of your Supplemental Application and Personal Essay.
At this time your application is complete and no further action is required on your part.

the one I received says "We wish to inform you that secondary application processing may take 4 to 6 weeks from date of receipt of your email. When the Department of Admissions receives your PDF by email it will not be acknowledged at that time. Once your application is in progress if there are any outstanding issues you will receive an email indicating what components of your application need to be addressed......................."

sounds like they are sending out a generic email maybe because people are contacting them. not sure, but it was just random. lol

Yeah I did too, and I sent my secondary on 8/27

the one I received says "We wish to inform you that secondary application processing may take 4 to 6 weeks from date of receipt of your email. When the Department of Admissions receives your PDF by email it will not be acknowledged at that time. Once your application is in progress if there are any outstanding issues you will receive an email indicating what components of your application need to be addressed......................."

sounds like they are sending out a generic email maybe because people are contacting them. not sure, but it was just random. lol
I am pretty sure it is generic, as I haven't submitted my secondary yet. I am still waiting on my AP score report.

I interviewed yesterday and I thought everything was very laid back. You start with an intro session and then have your interview, mine was 30 minutes long with two faculty members who took turns asking me questions. The questions were general medical school interview questions nothing really tricky. After you have a Q&A with the deans, a student, and the OMM director. Overall it seems to be pretty consistent with the interview format other schools are doing this cycle.
good to hear !!! was it open or close filed?? hope it went well !!

As a west coaster can I just say how much I dread having to wake up at 6 am for a 1/2 hour discussion with admissions and then sent for an interview portion between 6:30-8:30 when I'm barely functional. Coffee is my new best friend x.x

But grateful to have an II and it's worth the messing up of my sleep schedule :)

Hey guys TouroCOM is my first choice. Does anyone know what my chances are? I'm a first gen college student, SES disadvantaged, bilingual, have done a lot of EC's centered around their mission statement doing work with underserved communities, have a letter from a DO. 3.7 GPA and 499 MCAT :/

Hey guys TouroCOM is my first choice. Does anyone know what my chances are? I'm a first gen college student, SES disadvantaged, bilingual, have done a lot of EC's centered around their mission statement doing work with underserved communities, have a letter from a DO. 3.7 GPA and 499 MCAT :/

My GPA is far worse than yours and my MCAT isn't that much better than yours (505) and I get an II. Not an A or anything, but if I have a chance at an interview, I would think you would too!

My GPA is far worse than yours and my MCAT isn't that much better than yours (505) and I get an II. Not an A or anything, but if I have a chance at an interview, I would think you would too!
Awe thank you for your sweet reply and transparency! Good luck with everything, I'm rooting for you!

I have a 3.17 cgpa and 3.01 sgpa 510 MCAT ORM, still no II. Anyone complete late august hear anything back?

Contemplating between Touro and my lunch money...

was anyone post-interview told how long the wait would be to hear back in regards to a decision?

Anyone who submitted early September marked complete yet?