2020-2021 University of Chicago

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
R, 7/14. WAAAAAA

Members don't see this ad.

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
II today! Complete on 9/26 (literally i am so confused on how this happened but I am not going to question it!); LizzyM 73; almost didn't apply here because I thought I had no chance so if there's one thing to say about this cycle is that you never know and should shoot your shot!

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 20 users
II today! Complete on 9/26 (literally i am so confused on how this happened but I am not going to question it!); LizzyM 73; almost didn't apply here because I thought I had no chance so if there's one thing to say about this cycle is that you never know and should shoot your shot!
Are you URM by chance? I submitted super late too:(

Has anyone that has interviewed here already sent a "letter of continued interest", or anything like that? This school is very high on my list, but I am not exactly sure when and what type of communication is appropriate. Any thoughts?

Has anyone that has interviewed here already sent a "letter of continued interest", or anything like that? This school is very high on my list, but I am not exactly sure when and what type of communication is appropriate. Any thoughts?
I emailed my interviewers to thank them and express my very strong interest in the school. But other than that, I'm just going to wait.

Reactions: 1 user
First pre-II R. Oh well! On to other adventures! Complete 7/14

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
An FYI: I just got info that Pritzker isn't going to be offering any As tomorrow (Oct. 15) - they expect to begin in November, so there's still a bit of a wait ahead!

An FYI: I just got info that Pritzker isn't going to be offering any As tomorrow (Oct. 15) - they expect to begin in November, so there's still a bit of a wait ahead!
On my interview day, they put out that a very small number of applicants will be offered acceptance in November and that the majority of applicants can expected to hear back Feb/Mar.

Reactions: 5 users
Pre-II R (not unexpected), LM 70 ORM. Complete 7/14.

• Care
Is this school receptive to update letters? I am not in school, but there was not a gap year update so maybe explaining what I am doing might now could get a response of some sort?

I know they said a select few would receive acceptances in November. Do we think those will mostly be for September & early October interview dates? I interviewed mid-October & all they said was to check the website which isn’t specific

Does anyone have insight into when exactly in November (i.e. beginning, middle, end) the handful of acceptances may be given out?

Does anyone have insight into when exactly in November (i.e. beginning, middle, end) the handful of acceptances may be given out?
No clue. Can’t even base it off last year since they started giving acceptances out right on October 15

• Sad
anyone here applied after office of diversity hit you up and still haven't heard anything?

anyone here applied after office of diversity hit you up and still haven't heard anything?
They sent me that email after I already applied :( they did the same thing to me in undergrad!

do you guys know if Pritzker accepts update letters? I don't see any button on the applicant portal. thanks!

Woke up to a II! Earliest date available was 11/2. LM 77.

Reactions: 6 users
Pre II R just now, complete 09/10,

520/4.0

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
Sorry about the R guys. I am sure a better place awaits you all.

I am unable to figure out where I stand. Radio silence since 7/16!

• Care
Sorry about the R guys. I am sure a better place awaits you all.

I am unable to figure out where I stand. Radio silence since 7/16!
+1. Submitted 7/14, complete 7/22. Trying to hold out hope since there were some mid-July people who got II's this week, but who knows!

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
Pre - II R

Comp 7/21

4.0 / 525 / Decent EC's OOS no ties to area

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
lmao as a URM 3.67 / 513 oos no ties I have a feeling my time for an R is coming

• Care
lmao as a URM 3.67 / 513 oos no ties I have a feeling my time is coming

Don't give up hope! I interviewed there with worse stats than you (also URM). I have strong ECs but it's more than stats. At the interview they really emphasized mission & fit!

Reactions: 4 users
lmao as a URM 3.67 / 513 oos no ties I have a feeling my time for an R is coming

You never know. I really feel like the schools try and build a diverse cohort each year, and we just don't know what that's going to look like! Something about your experiences might stick out to them. Best of luck to you don't lose faith in yourself!! :)