2020-2021 University of New England College of Osteopathic Medicine (UNECOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
As far as I know the class is not full yet. Everyone has a chance to be accepted up until the last day of interviews! There is also a LOT of waitlist movement especially after april.

Members don't see this ad.

Waitlisted here too :( Does anyone know when is the best time to send a letter of intent? Should it be when I accept my waitlist offer, so should I send it later in the cycle?
I sent both at the same time (basically within the same letter) as I think people can be accepted off the waitlist within a few weeks according to earlier posts

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
It really feels like for so many osteopathy schools that interviews after the new year are just to waitlist people, it sucks and I empathize with y'all, even though I haven't gotten an II from here yet.

After emailing them your LOI, did you guys receive any confirmation email to let you know that it’s been added to your file?

After emailing them your LOI, did you guys receive any confirmation email to let you know that it’s been added to your file?
I was just about to ask the same question! I sent mine the other day and did not

Canadian applicant here. Completed Oct 15th, Interviewed Jan 26th, Waitlisted Feb 12th. This is my second WL (no other II or A) and idk how to feel about it.

• Sad
Any ideas what kind of questions they ask during the interview? Is it a group interview (all students together)? Or individual interview?
THX

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Any ideas what kind of questions they ask during the interview? Is it a group interview (all students together)? Or individual interview?
THX
Individual interview with two faculty/staff and one current student (for me at least). Pretty conversational, normal interview questions. I didn't think that I got any questions that were particularly difficult to answer

Reactions: 2 users
Yes! I interviewed 2/2 and sent a LOI on 2/16. They emailed on 2/18 to let me know it’s been added to my file.

What day do UNE COM decisions come out? Most schools are on Friday it seems like

What day do UNE COM decisions come out? Most schools are on Friday it seems like
It seems a bunch who interviewed 1/26 and 1/28 heard back last Thursday with some more hearing back in the days after. I interviewed 2/2 (probably will be the same for 2/4 interviewees), so checking my email constantly to see if that trend is continuing.

Last edited:
It seems a bunch who interviewed 1/24 and 1/26 heard back last Thursday with some more hearing back in the days after. I interviewed 2/2 (probably will be the same for 2/4 interviewees), so checking my email constantly to see if that trend is continuing.
I interviewed 1/26 and haven’t heard back yet

It seems a bunch who interviewed 1/24 and 1/26 heard back last Thursday with some more hearing back in the days after. I interviewed 2/2 (probably will be the same for 2/4 interviewees), so checking my email constantly to see if that trend is continuing.
Same! It's nerve-racking!

If you are waitlisted you will hear back earlier than if you got accepted

Hey everyone, I have an interview here on 2/23. I was wondering what the interview day is like, as they mentioned a couple times that they only require you to be online for your designated 30-minute interview. No schedule was shared with me either. Thanks!

Any news on if this school is friendly to Canadian students? Also, my state of residence is FL

Hey everyone, I have an interview here on 2/23. I was wondering what the interview day is like, as they mentioned a couple times that they only require you to be online for your designated 30-minute interview. No schedule was shared with me either. Thanks!
I was in the AM timeslot for 2/2. What they did was open up the zoom call for everyone interviewing in the morning for the entire morning (I believe it was like 8AM-11:50AM). On the initial call you are joined by students and can ask questions/just chat. When it was time for your interview they sent me to a breakout room within the zoom call to meet and talk with my interviewers. Once the interview is finished then you can either go back to the initial call with the students or hang up. If you are on a time crunch then it is recommended to login at least 20 minutes prior to your interview, do a sound check, do your interview, then hang up. Would recommend speaking with the students though, had a lot great conversations about opportunities they have had.

Reactions: 3 users
I was in the AM timeslot for 2/2. What they did was open up the zoom call for everyone interviewing in the morning for the entire morning (I believe it was like 8AM-11:50AM). On the initial call you are joined by students and can ask questions/just chat. When it was time for your interview they sent me to a breakout room within the zoom call to meet and talk with my interviewers. Once the interview is finished then you can either go back to the initial call with the students or hang up. If you are on a time crunch then it is recommended to login at least 20 minutes prior to your interview, do a sound check, do your interview, then hang up. Would recommend speaking with the students though, had a lot great conversations about opportunities they have had.
What should we wear to the welcome session?

I just got rejected... I’m in shock because I thought the interview went really well. Not even a waitlist and this was my number one school.
interviewed 2/2

• Care
  • Sad
nice! DId you send a letter of intent or anything? also if you dont mind what are your stats? Im on the waitlist currently!
No letter of interest or intent, feel free to PM me but my MCAT was right around their average! (LM 65). Good Luck!

Has anyone received a II recently? I imagine they’ll be done interviewing soon?

Waitlisted today (interview was 2/2) 😔. This is my third WL so at this point it feels routine. I sent a LOI last week.

• Care
Waitlisted, interviewed 2/2
I want some insight from you guys on this:
I am waitlisted at LECOM Elmira since August or September
I got accepted at BCOM
Now waitlisted at UNECOM
If I were to send LOI to one of the waitlist schools, which one do you guys think I should send it to? Any info or opinion would be appreciated!
Thank you

Withdrew my acceptance today. Best of luck to all on the WL

Reactions: 8 users