2020-2021 University of New England College of Osteopathic Medicine (UNECOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
All i know is a couple November interviews on this thread were waitlisted in Dec and then got accepted mid-January
I interviewed 11/19. Was waitlisted 12/16. Admitted 1/12.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 4 users
Did you send an update or letter of interest/intent between getting waitlisted and admitted?
Yes. Reiterated my strong desire to matriculate at the school and addressed some issues raised during my interview.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
The acceptance letter should include a reference to the 2nd deposit, 60 days from the date of your acceptance letter. Believe the 2nd one is $1500.
Just gonna clarify, it’s 60 days from the date of receipt of your first deposit. It says so in the letter - they also should have told you the date your second deposit was due when they sent you confirmation of your first deposit.

Does anyone know the pattern of emails upon processing of update letters? I submitted mine way back when and I haven’t heard anything from them yet

If there are any current students on here, can you speak to when people typically start their lease/move in? It seems like classes start at the beginning of July so I’m thinking a lease beginning in early/mid-June would work.

Waitlisted yesterday interviewed 1/14! I’m curious if anyone got accepted from that date! Don’t be shy if you did. We are all happy for ya!

Interviewed 1/12, accepted today!! Best of luck to everyone about to interview or on the waitlist :)

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
If there are any current students on here, can you speak to when people typically start their lease/move in? It seems like classes start at the beginning of July so I’m thinking a lease beginning in early/mid-June would work.
Best would be starting June! I got in off the waitlist and my move-in wasn't til July 1st which was rough lol

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
This might be a dumb question but can someone tell me the letter of intent is electronic or does it have to be a post office mail thing? Thank you!

This might be a dumb question but can someone tell me the letter of intent is electronic or does it have to be a post office mail thing? Thank you!
It can definitely be electronic! The office of admissions prefers to receive mail at [email protected]. In my decision letter, they suggested that all updates be attached to an email in PDF format.

Chances I hear back this week or next if I interviewed 2/2? I have another deposit due but I really want UNE...

Any recent II’s? Slowly losing hope for one... 502 mcat 3.5 sgpa
i'm in v similar boat, 3.6 / 501, complete since August. For what it's worth, I'm retaking the MCAT and will send my new score in May as an academic update ><

Chances I hear back this week or next if I interviewed 2/2? I have another deposit due but I really want UNE...
I heard within two weeks back in December, but I think that was due to a push before the holidays. My friend interviewed more recently (1/14), and that round of decisions took exactly 3 weeks. I bet you could expect about the same!

I interviewed 1/19 and heard back last week (roughly 2 weeks) but I had gotten waitlisted

where are you going?
Well i got into a couple other schools, but waitlisted still as of now at UNECOM, which is def one of my top choices. So idk just yet *crosses fingers*

I sent an update letter last month and go confirmation over a month ago that they received my update, however nothing ever came of it.

• Sad
Look for this part of their email: "

Please note: Preliminary review of your AACOMAS application indicates that you have in-progress prerequisite requirements. Requirements pending completion include: "

And then just below that it'll list whatever thing they're waiting on. For me, it says MCAT.
Do you know if the school will review your application if AACOMAS has not verified that outstanding prereqs are in progress? For example, if you just inputted the courses for Fall 2021, because thats when you plan to take it, but you havent actually enrolled in it yet, it wont appear on your transcripts you submit, and AACOMAS will list the courses for that semester as not verified. Whereas if it were on your transcript it would be verified.

Do you know if the school will review your application if AACOMAS has not verified that outstanding prereqs are in progress? For example, if you just inputted the courses for Fall 2021, because thats when you plan to take it, but you havent actually enrolled in it yet, it wont appear on your transcripts you submit, and AACOMAS will list the courses for that semester as not verified. Whereas if it were on your transcript it would be verified.
I'm a little confused by your example. The semester for UNECOM starts July 2021. So the only outstanding coursework you may still need to complete is your current semester: Spring 2021, and that would show on a transcript because it's currently in progress.

I'm a little confused by your example. The semester for UNECOM starts July 2021. So the only outstanding coursework you may still need to complete is your current semester: Spring 2021, and that would show on a transcript because it's currently in progress.
Sorry, I'm not a current applicant. I was just giving fall 2021 as an example if I were to apply in the upcoming cycle.

Sorry, I'm not a current applicant. I was just giving fall 2021 as an example if I were to apply in the upcoming cycle.
Ahh okay, gotcha. Maybe someone else on the boards can help me answer this? I'm legit not sure. Best of luck with your application cycle though! <3

Rejected. Interviewed 1/28. Pain

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
I’m debating on sending them an update of my clinical hours or anything to show them my continued interest but don’t want to annoy them lol

What are your stats if you dont mind me asking. Still waiting on an interview?
3.4 cGPA 3.2sGPA 501 MCAT. Interviewed 1/28 that went very well. Good feedback from the interviewers too

Well i got into a couple other schools, but waitlisted still as of now at UNECOM, which is def one of my top choices. So idk just yet *crosses fingers*
Do you mind sharing your stats still waiting on an interview invite from UNE?

3.4 cGPA 3.2sGPA 501 MCAT. Interviewed 1/28 that went very well. Good feedback from the interviewers too
I'm sorry to hear about the rejection. I haven't heard yet but my mcat is two points lower so I'm not sure I will.

I’m debating on sending them an update of my clinical hours or anything to show them my continued interest but don’t want to annoy them lol
I don’t think it’s annoying to them. I think it’s good to show continued interest!

Has UNE sent an initial rejections? I haven't received an interview invite and my application has been finalized since September. I'm not sure if this is just a soft rejection.

Waitlisted here too :( Does anyone know when is the best time to send a letter of intent? Should it be when I accept my waitlist offer, so should I send it later in the cycle?

• Care
Waitlisted as well, any insight on if the class is already full?

• Care
I feel like everyone is now getting waitlisted... has anyone been accepted who interviewed 1/26 or 1/28? I can't see them being filled since their interview season started later than most other schools.