2020-2021 University of New England College of Osteopathic Medicine (UNECOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
@733yk

I'll jump in and say my experience was slightly different. My interviewers were very conversational and personable, definitely a lot of body language to go off. It was like a casual conversation. I felt like I could really control and highlight the strong points of my application.

They definitely read my file front to back, because they asked very specific questions that they wouldn't have formulated just by skimming it. Surprisingly specific haha nothing difficult, but it felt good that they read it.

However I totally agree that the interview is all about getting to know u as a person more so than anything.

Good luck to all!
I had a very similar experience to this!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
@733yk

I'll jump in and say my experience was slightly different. My interviewers were very conversational and personable, definitely a lot of body language to go off. It was like a casual conversation. I felt like I could really control and highlight the strong points of my application.

They definitely read my file front to back, because they asked very specific questions that they wouldn't have formulated just by skimming it. Surprisingly specific haha nothing difficult, but it felt good that they read it.

However I totally agree that the interview is all about getting to know u as a person more so than anything.

Good luck to all!
Strong +1

@733yk

Good luck to all!
Nice! I honestly wish I had this experience and wish they asked specific questions. I would have felt much better after the interview. Good luck everyone!

Members don't see this ad :)
As has been my sense with several of my DO interviews, the underlying (if not overt) focus has been about "fit" and commitment. Schools want to make certain as best as possible that you want to go there (particularly if the school is off the beaten track geographically or less conventional academically), and that you are the kind of student they see matriculating in a positive way at their school. They have our stats, our experience, and our writing. My interviewers at UNE had clearly read my application because the primary questions were directed at unique aspects of my submissions. The questions focused on my expression of commitment, but also how I responded to the ethos at UNE and their sense of how I will fit in. Subsequent contact with my interviewers as well as with current students and professors has strongly confirmed this for me.

Reactions: 2 users
Hi! to anyone who already received their acceptance letter, was there anything else that's pertinent in that letter? Or is it the same one we had attached to an email just printed. I have a USPS tracker that showed it was in the mail but A LOT of my mail hasn't been delivered to me lately and this was just another piece that got lost unfortunately and I'd hate to miss any additional info because of that. You can even private message me if you prefer :) thank you!

Any technology recommendations for note-taking during the first two years? Have read good things about iPad + notability but I'm wondering if UNECOM students tend towards different note-taking systems.

Reactions: 3 users
I know its hard to hear but relax!! i didn't have an II from here yet this time last year and had one of the last interview days and i'm here! try to find hobbies outside of SDN, you can go crazy staying on these forums all day (trust me)
Just wondering, did you preemptively submit Fafsa before you got the II last year? I'd imagine your acceptance came well after the Fafsa deadline, yeah?

I got confirmation that my updates were received this morning. Sent them Jan 4th.

Sent an update today. Hoping for some good luck as they are one of my top choices

Members don't see this ad :)
Do you mind sharing when you were complete and whether or not you are IS and/or have regional ties? Thanks and congrats on getting a II :)
Thanks, I was complete on 8/24! Really surprised by the II honestly

Any technology recommendations for note-taking during the first two years? Have read good things about iPad + notability but I'm wondering if UNECOM students tend towards different note-taking systems.
A lot of people that I know (myself included) use an iPad/tablet for note taking and a computer to watch lectures/take exams on. The exam software we use isn't available on iPads (not sure about windows tablets) so you should at least have a laptop as well. A few of my friends also have desktop computers too and they highly recommend it (I'm planning to get one next year). hope this helps :)

A lot of people that I know (myself included) use an iPad/tablet for note taking and a computer to watch lectures/take exams on. The exam software we use isn't available on iPads (not sure about windows tablets) so you should at least have a laptop as well. A few of my friends also have desktop computers too and they highly recommend it (I'm planning to get one next year). hope this helps :)

Can you share what exam software you use? Just wanted to try researching if it works with a surface!

Hi! to anyone who already received their acceptance letter, was there anything else that's pertinent in that letter? Or is it the same one we had attached to an email just printed. I have a USPS tracker that showed it was in the mail but A LOT of my mail hasn't been delivered to me lately and this was just another piece that got lost unfortunately and I'd hate to miss any additional info because of that. You can even private message me if you prefer :) thank you!
Unless I'm missing something, it seemed to be the same exact letter!

II this morning. Complete 10/2/20. Sent update last Thursday 1/28/20. LM 68

Reactions: 9 users
Bored so just gonna copy/paste and update this lovely list from an earlier post:

People who interviewed 10/13&10/15 found out ~3 weeks later on 11/5 (Thursday)
People who interviewed 10/27&10/29 found out <3 weeks later on 11/16 (Monday)
People who interviewed 11/10&11/12 found out <4 weeks later on 12/7 (Monday)
People who interviewed 11/17&11/19 found out ~4 weeks later on 12/16 (Wednesday)
People who interviewed 12/1&12/3 found out ~2 weeks later ALSO on 12/16 (Wednesday) (shorter wait probably due to winter holiday closure)
Some people who were Waitlisted after November interviews were accepted on 1/12/21
People who interviewed 1/12&1/14 STILL WAITING IN AGONY..or is that just me? lol today marks my 3rd week and i may be going slightly bonkers.

Reactions: 8 users
Bored so just gonna copy/paste and update this lovely list from an earlier post:

People who interviewed 11/17&11/19 found out ~4 weeks later on 12/16 (Wednesday)
People who interviewed 12/1&12/3 found out ~2 weeks later ALSO on 12/16 (Wednesday) (shorter wait probably due to winter holiday closure)
Some people who were Waitlisted after November interviews were accepted on 1/12/21
People who interviewed 1/12&1/14 STILL WAITING IN AGONY..or is that just me? lol today marks my 3rd week and i may be going slightly bonkers.
Thanks for this! I just interviewed today so now I'm in the waiting phase as well

Reactions: 1 users
Hey guys, is there any use in submitting a secondary at this point? 3.5 cGPA 506 mcat

II today! Complete late-September. Low stats OOS ORM and no updates sent. I’m pretty nervous because my interview is late-February so I feel like it’s just for the WL. Good luck to all of us interviewing this month! :)
Kind of curious if we’re interviewing for the waitlist. You think it’d be okay to email them and ask?

Thanks, I was complete on 8/24! Really surprised by the II honestl

Hey guys, is there any use in submitting a secondary at this point? 3.5 cGPA 506 mcat
My stats arent that diff and ive been complete since like early august or so and still nothing. Only you know how the rest of your app fits but at this point I personally wouldn't waste any more money this late into the current cycle and would just invest that money into next cycle (making sure to apply the very first day apps open) which is only 3 months away now.

In the same boat!!! Trying to not come on here five times a day to look for updates. Thanks for posting this. Thinking positive thoughts...

• Care
Hello Everyone,
I hope everyone is doing well. I applied to UNECOM a few days. My stats are 502 MCAT, 3.5 CGPA, 3.4 SGPA with tons of research experience in IVY league schools (1 major first author publication and 3 minor publications) and lot of other EC experiences. Do you think I will be able to get an interview and if so, what do you think my chances are now as its February and pretty late in the cycle? Thanks!!

1/12 and 1/14 interviewees, how we feeling about today????

• Sad
submitted a letter of update yesterday and they emailed me back today saying it was added to my file. Fingers crossed this helps score an II

I’m curious too but I don’t think asking them would be appropriate. I’m sure there are people interviewing with us who will get As straight up, but I just have a feeling it’s more likely to be WL because it’s kinda late.
Was told at the interview that the class is still open. Also keep in mind they started interviewing people later this year (traditionally have started in august) so it may not be as late as it seems

Reactions: 3 users
Do you know what are the chances of even getting II at this point? I completed at the end of Sep maybe early Oct. Dead silence. Didn't want to bug admission too much as I know it can get irritating for them. But from yall experience -- is it silent R?

Do you know what are the chances of even getting II at this point? I completed at the end of Sep maybe early Oct. Dead silence. Didn't want to bug admission too much as I know it can get irritating for them. But from yall experience -- is it silent R?
I wouldn’t say it’s an R at this point. I was complete at the end of august and just got an interview the other day. Just stay positive!

No it isn't a silent R. I was complete 10/01 and I got an interview yesterday. Don't give up! There is still hope :)

Last edited:
Okay boys and girls, hopefully decisions come out today! It's been exactly 3 weeks...

For everyone who has received decisions, what time do they usually come out?

Okay boys and girls, hopefully decisions come out today! It's been exactly 3 weeks...

I'm so nervous!!! Best of luck to us all

See my most recent post, some scrolling above but it's near the top of this page. It's a detailed list of wait times!

See my most recent post, some scrolling above but it's near the top of this page. It's a detailed list of wait times!
oh lol perfect! thank you for your time compiling that data :)

Just got an email; Waitlisted. Interviewed 1/12. SAD FACE :'(

• Care
Okay time to become neurotic :rofl: ... Has anyone who's already been placed on the waitlist before today not gotten off yet?

Has anyone received info on submitting the second deposit? I think mine is due soon and I feel like I’m just supposed to know that myself

Has anyone received info on submitting the second deposit? I think mine is due soon and I feel like I’m just supposed to know that myself
The acceptance letter should include a reference to the 2nd deposit, 60 days from the date of your acceptance letter. Believe the 2nd one is $1500.

• Wow