2020-2021 University of Tennessee

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I haven't received any information either. I have been told they send rejection letters, so I'm waiting for that.
I got an interview last year on March 3 and still haven’t gotten an interview yet for this cycle. When did you submit your secondary?

Members don't see this ad.

Pulled from the site:

"Applicants are scheduled to interview on Mondays, Tuesdays and Wednesdays from October through the end of April by invitation only, via e-mail. Notifications are typically e-mailed two to three weeks in advance. Interviews are conducted on Mondays, Tuesdays and Wednesdays."

Reactions: 1 user
I interviewed on 02/16 and still haven't heard anything . Should I expect a rejection letter or is it too early to tell?

Members don't see this ad :)
I wouldn't freak out yet, they had a bunch of weather-related problems over the last month and I think that might have slowed them down even more than usual. I still would maintain that if you are IS and have high stats, then you have a decent chance of interviewing.

For interviewing on 02/16 and not hearing anything yet, you could email Dr. Fulton if you would like or just wait it out.

I got an interview last year on March 3 and still haven’t gotten an interview yet for this cycle. When did you submit your secondary?
My secondary was complete 9/8/2020 and my mcat shortly thereafter. I had a strong application but an abysmal mcat. I'm re-prepping to take the mcat, but I do wonder why they wait to send rejections.

I interviewed on 02/16 and still haven't heard anything . Should I expect a rejection letter or is it too early to tell?
I was 2/17 and haven’t heard. It doesn’t seem like many people from the week before us had heard back and there hasn’t been a major A wave reported here in a few weeks, so I wouldn’t panic yet. They did say 2-3 weeks and that’s under normal conditions so we still have time

Seems like the adcom hasn't met recently just because I haven't seen many II's or A's

I interviewed here this past week and was told that the committee was meeting last Friday (2/26). Does anyone know how long it normally takes them to reach out about interviews/acceptances after their meeting?

They said about two weeks when I interviewed last week. They also said if you don't hear back within two weeks you can email Dr. Fulton to ask where your application is at in the post-II decision process.

Has anyone that hasn’t received an interview contacted anyone at UTHSC? I know they have info on their site about the interview process going until April.... but I’m getting so anxious because it’s so late... if anyone has any info or has reached out to ask about interview dates please let me know. — I know UTHSC is slow, but I’m still starting to freak out.
well... maybe I should've posted this sooner because a got an interview invitation about 3 hours after posting it! good luck to all of us

Reactions: 7 users
How is the admitted students group looking in terms of the number of students as of now?

well... maybe I should've posted this sooner because a got an interview invitation about 3 hours after posting it! good luck to all of us
Congratulations! Would you mind sharing your stats?

Members don't see this ad :)
Do they offer an MD/MBA? I didn't think they did after reviewing MSAR and the SOM's website however, I have found contrasting information online including an agreement between UT campuses.

How is the admitted students group looking in terms of the number of students as of now?
123 including 2 admins. take that to mean what you will. Morale is low but confidence is high! An II would be nice bc its looking like best case scenario rn is a WL.

Reactions: 3 users
Do they offer an MD/MBA? I didn't think they did after reviewing MSAR and the SOM's website however, I have found contrasting information online including an agreement between UT campuses.
no but you can take a year off in between M2-M3 and get it at a different institution. Pharmacy has a dual program set up, but MD doesn't

123 including 2 admins. take that to mean what you will. Morale is low but confidence is high! An II would be nice bc its looking like best case scenario rn is a WL.
What do you mean by best case scenario is a WL? Do they normally stop sending acceptances around this time until people narrow down other schools?

What do you mean by best case scenario is a WL? Do they normally stop sending acceptances around this time until people narrow down other schools?
I just mean that the likelihood of being accepted off a waitlist is much higher now than being accepted off a straight interview at the moment.

has anyone else been on hold for a while and not heard anything?

Just got the hold letter :/ super disappointed but I guess there’s still some hope? Interviewed 2/17

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
Sorry to hear that, if you don't mind my asking was it by email or mail. I'm preparing myself for the worst in about one week.

• Care
Awesome, thanks so much. My interview went very well in my opinion I just haven't had great luck post-II in terms of acceptance (other than a high-tier WL) so I'm not expecting much different here. I hope it works out for us both in the end!

• Care
Just got the hold letter :/ super disappointed but I guess there’s still some hope? Interviewed 2/17

do yall think there will be more acceptances from the hold list in april when people already admitted begin declining / going elsewhere? also with the extra spots for the 3 year program they’ll probably have more acceptances than years past right? or am i wrong?

Just got the rejection letter after interview. Kind of bummed out because I thought the interview went really well and worst case scenario I thought I would get waitlisted.

Best of luck to everyone else applying.

• Care
Reactions: 5 users
Has anyone who interviewed last week heard back yet? I think it's probably too early given all the weather abnormalities they had over the last few weeks but I was curious.

I haven't heard anything.. I know that the committee met last Friday to discuss us, so I'm assuming that since I haven't received a phone call there is probably a hold or rejection letter on its way to me :(

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
Maybe there are still some decisions to send out? No acceptances were reported here so that is somewhat promising... I'm so tired of this process.

Just received mail from my post interview. Is this either a WL or rejection? Do they send acceptances in the mail?

Just received mail from my post interview. Is this either a WL or rejection? Do they send acceptances in the mail?
If it’s a small letter most likey hold or rejection. Someone above said an M1 didn’t get a call for their A and only got their acceptance packet in the mail.

Anyone know when financial aid/ scholarship is released?

My secondary was complete 9/8/2020 and my mcat shortly thereafter. I had a strong application but an abysmal mcat. I'm re-prepping to take the mcat, but I do wonder why they wait to send rejections
My secondary was complete 9/8/2020 and my mcat shortly thereafter. I had a strong application but an abysmal mcat. I'm re-prepping to take the mcat, but I do wonder why they wait to send rejections.
Do you mind sharing when your mcat was scored and what it was?

Interviewed last week, just got the hold today. Not too optimistic about it but hopefully it will work out.

• Care
From the letter, it means I will be periodically reviewed until late march and then placed on the alternate list.

I also just got the hold letter. I'm pretty disappointed because I thought both of my interviews went really well.

• Care
I submitted my secondary in August and haven't received an II at Tennessee yet. Is it safe to say at this point that I am rejected pre-II? Will Tennessee send out pre-II rejections at one time or is it a silent rejection?

Reactions: 4 users
I submitted my secondary in August and haven't received an II at Tennessee yet. Is it safe to say at this point that I am rejected pre-II? Will Tennessee send out pre-II rejections at one time or is it a silent rejection?
They say on their website that they interview through April so there is still time to get an II!! Their process is just later than a lot of schools.

At this point, it is also late in the cycle though. 🥲 Even with an interview there is a low change of getting accepted after the initial interview. There is still a change though, so don’t lose hope, but I am thinking realistically right now. I am getting ready to reapply. Also, there are probably going to be 100-120 people on the waitlist, so even if someone is put on there, what is the the chance that people will get off if they aren’t on the first tier priority waitlist? Just start getting ready for those still waiting to hear back with an acceptance; if you get accepted, we are all so proud of you! Either way just make sure you are ready!

Do you all think that not hearing anything regarding an interview going on 2 weeks ago may be indicative of an impending acceptance?

Would you mind posting your scores? Also, are you in state?

Does anyone know when the last batch of II‘s were for? Like when did the last people who received interviews submit their secondaries?

I think it's been all across the board. Not really dependent on when the secondaries were submitted