2020-2021 University of the Incarnate Word School of Osteopathic Medicine (UIWSOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Has anyone else submitted their primary application on 9/24 or after and gotten an email regarding a secondary app or rejection? I still haven't heard anything from UIW yet and I am starting to think its a silent R

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Has anyone else submitted their primary application on 9/24 or after and gotten an email regarding a secondary app or rejection? I still haven't heard anything from UIW yet and I am starting to think its a silent R
It took me a very very very long time to get a secondary... like a couple of months. I got an interview yesterday. Keep calling the school every few weeks, show them you're interested, and don't stress too much.

Declining my acceptance offer, I hope one of y'all gets it!
I was in the position of desperately waiting for waitlist movement last year, so know it gets better if you stick with it :)

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Long time lurker, first time poster. I submitted my secondary on 9/10 and it was radio silence...until two days ago when I got invited for an interview! This is my first interview as well and my #1 school choice, so I'm very excited about it. Hope to see y'all in the virtual Q&A next Monday :)

Reactions: 1 users
Long time lurker, first time poster. I submitted my secondary on 9/10 and it was radio silence...until two days ago when I got invited for an interview! This is my first interview as well and my #1 school choice, so I'm very excited about it. Hope to see y'all in the virtual Q&A next Monday :)
Be yourself and have fun! Congratulations!

Anyone who already accepted the offer with Incarnate World. Did you do the criminal background check?

Well, was just put on the Waitlist. Praying there's some movement in the upcoming months!

Well, was just put on the Waitlist. Praying there's some movement in the upcoming months!
Don't lose hope! I suspect there will be some BIG movement in 10 days as deposits come due. I personally know of 4 spots across nationwide DO schools that are about to be available.

For those who have been put on the Waitlist, does that Waitlist tab on your portal take some time to become available?

Lets hope the waitlist moves along for us... I also felt that I interviewed really well and connected with the fellow interviewers, but things like this also happen I guess... Keeping my hopes up and fingers crossed since it's still pretty early for this cycle.
do you know how long it takes for the waitlist tab to become available on your portal? I was waitlisted this morning but haven't seen the tab to confirm

Does anyone know where I can access UIWSOM's match data?

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone on the II waitlist been offered an interview?

How quickly are people being notified after their interviews? Not interviewing until Monday and already anxious to know, lol!

How quickly are people being notified after their interviews? Not interviewing until Monday and already anxious to know, lol!
I think they told us approximately 3 weeks. I interviewed 11/16 and was notified 12/4.

I just had my interview day today and I was incredibly impressed by how much the interviewers seemed to really care about getting to know us. They dug into some of the prompts more fully than I expected. I was especially thankful for the administrative staff who ensured everything was smooth given the virtual nature of things. I'm very excited to hear back and I'm hoping for an A here!

Reactions: 3 users
Will be withdrawing my acceptance here. I hope it goes to one of you!!

Accepted on 12/3! Is there an accepted students fb or WhatsApp group yet?

I just had my interview day today and I was incredibly impressed by how much the interviewers seemed to really care about getting to know us. They dug into some of the prompts more fully than I expected. I was especially thankful for the administrative staff who ensured everything was smooth given the virtual nature of things. I'm very excited to hear back and I'm hoping for an A here!
I felt the same way today! Going to be a hard choice between several acceptances, and if I get one here, that makes it even harder, but I how I get to make that choice!

Since I'm on the Waitlist and only have one other Interview left, I have been considering the UIW-MBS Program, do you think it would look bad on my part or look like I have given up if I were to apply to UIW's MBS program this early?

Since I'm on the Waitlist and only have one other Interview left, I have been considering the UIW-MBS Program, do you think it would look bad on my part or look like I have given up if I were to apply to UIW's MBS program this early?
Wait until the cycle ends next year, too early to give up.

has anyone who was complete around early October heard anything back? I was wondering if its worth contacting them about any updates on my application status

Withdrew my acceptance! Hope it goes to one of you guys. Peace

Reactions: 4 users
It took me a very very very long time to get a secondary... like a couple of months. I got an interview yesterday. Keep calling the school every few weeks, show them you're interested, and don't stress too much.
Hey congrats on the II- how were your stats?

Will be withdrawing my A. Hope it goes to one of you!

Reactions: 3 users
Does anyone know how the waitlist works here?
It will begin moving after Texas Match Day (March 5) and over the following few months. They do have quite a few offers to people on the WL usually. They don't tell y'all where you are on the WL or give out numbers in line.

I think I just got an Interview Waitlist email?

Dear Kevin,

Thank you for your interest in the University of the Incarnate Word School of Osteopathic Medicine. This email is to inform you that your application is still being considered. Due to the limited number of space at each interview session we are currently unable to extend an invitation to participate at this time. However, if space permits, an offer may be extended for a future interview date. Interviews are held throughout the fall and spring.

Please be sure to keep your AACOMAS application updated and submit any updated MCAT scores.

We appreciate your patience and will send updates regarding your application status as needed.

Sincerely,
University of the Incarnate Word School of Osteopathic Medicine
Office of Admissions
It still a dream to do my medical education in TX so I'll take it lol

I rather just get the fat L so I can move on mentally... is this even a waitlist???
We will probably get hit with an II in the spring, that's how I'm seeing it. And there is the possibility people who already got accepted will withdraw their seat, moving us up. Hang tight bros

Reactions: 4 users
We will probably get hit with an II in the spring, that's how I'm seeing it. And there is the possibility people who already got accepted will withdraw their seat, moving us up. Hang tight bros
This is what I'm hoping as well. There is still some hope

So I got the "your app is still being considered" email. Has anyone who has gotten this email before gotten a II? Is this like an unofficial WL?

Anyways, bless those who are withdrawing. Lol.

So I got the "your app is still being considered" email. Has anyone who has gotten this email before gotten a II? Is this like an unofficial WL?

Anyways, bless those who are withdrawing. Lol.
I got this email too. I called earlier today and they said it's an interview waitlist. At this time, they can't offer you an interview because there aren't enough interview spots but when it opens up, they'll probably start pulling people from the interview waitlist

II just received an hour ago, fingers crossed!