2020-2021 University of the Incarnate Word School of Osteopathic Medicine (UIWSOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I just received a secondary from here after silence since submitting early Aug! Anyone had the same thing happened? I am on the lower end for the MCAT avg.
Yes! It took me several months of not getting the secondary before they finally sent it to me. I was accepted today. Send it in!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Do you guys know if people have gotten rejected after interview? I feel like almost everyone has said waitlisted.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Yes! It took me several months of not getting the secondary before they finally sent it to me. I was accepted today. Send it in!
Great! Thanks for the encouragement and congratulations , you are going to be a Doctor:soexcited::clap:!!!

• Love
Does anyone know if they accept update letters or people are sending one? I got the interview waitlist email so I was wondering if it would be worth sending them an update letter

Does anyone know if they accept update letters or people are sending one? I got the interview waitlist email so I was wondering if it would be worth sending them an update letter
They accepted my update letter a couple months ago with an email reply that they added it to my file, but I also sent a thank you email after my interview two weeks ago and never heard back from them about that. So perhaps they are really backed up on email as of late?

Question for anyone who has already interviewed here - how many stations did you encounter during the MMI? Thank you in advance.
I believe there were six talk stations with a break and a writing station making 8 total. The group interview is really super short - only about 10 minutes.

I believe there were six talk stations with a break and a writing station making 8 total. The group interview is really super short - only about 10 minutes.
I have a recommendation for your "break" room, if it's similar to my interview. Though they do tell you that you get the full time to use as a break, there is an admissions representative and a current UIWSOM student in the Zoom room with you while you're taking the "break." They love to chat and are happy to answers questions or just talk more about you personally if you want. I think you get where I'm going here.

Again, just my two cents, but....don't take a break. Take advantage of having 1:1 time with two people who are making decisions on your application :)

Reactions: 6 users
I have a recommendation for your "break" room, if it's similar to my interview. Though they do tell you that you get the full time to use as a break, there is an admissions representative and a current UIWSOM student in the Zoom room with you while you're taking the "break." They love to chat and are happy to answers questions or just talk more about you personally if you want. I think you get where I'm going here.

Again, just my two cents, but....don't take a break. Take advantage of having 1:1 time with two people who are making decisions on your application :)
This is advice is golden. This “break” is as important as any breakout room session. Make the best use of this time to learn more about the program from the student reps perspective. and tr

Has anyone been accepted off the waitlist post interview? Any tips for the waiting game :/

Another question is, does anyone have any insight onto how the chances are of getting off the waitlist? I have not seen any rejections post interview which leads me to think they just kinda put everyone on the waitlist, any thoughts?

Yes, that was a great experience. I, unfortunately, still needed to run Dirac the hall and to refill my ice tea mug, but came back and asked lots of questions, so don't be afraid to take a little break time also if you need it.

has anyone been taken off the pre-interview hold?

Members don't see this ad :)
Is Incarnate Word a rolling admission? Also does anyone know interview acceptance rate? Thanks!!

Is everyone placed on a waitlist if they aren't accepted or do they reject? Thank you.

I applied here back in early October and just today got an offer to complete their secondary. Do they screen heavily or just take a while to get to people?

I applied here back in early October and just today got an offer to complete their secondary. Do they screen heavily or just take a while to get to people?
They took forever with the secondary for me as well and I eventually got in. Don't worry about the time, just get it in!

Can any current UIWSOM students speak about the school's COMLEX performance. Did the pass rate improve from the first class that took COMLEX and were the COMLEX level 2 pass rates good?

Will be declining my admissions offer here, hope it goes to one of you guys!

Reactions: 3 users
What are the chances of class being online for the fall semester?

Current OMS1 here. Classes are 100% online until December so I'm sure your interviews will be online as well (that is probably why it is taking them a long time to respond to secondaries for ii). Our COMLEX board scores were like 83%. They do not have an IS bias.
For you current OMS 1, did they state no class attendance?
Will it be the same for next year?

For you current OMS 1, did they state no class attendance?
Will it be the same for next year?
OMS 1 here. I don't understand your question "did they state no class attendance?" but I'll try to answer. They told us a few weeks before school that we wouldn't be in person. We are required to attend zoom classes for our Small Interactive Groups (Mon,Wed,Fri 8am-10am), our clinical skills/OMM class (DOCs)(Tues 8am-12pm) and our Anatomy lab (STRX)(Thurs 8am-12pm).

OMS 2 started going back to campus for DOCs in November of last year. OMS 1 will start going back to campus once a unit for STRX starting next week and then go to campus for DOCs once a week starting in Feb. The school doesn't know how everything will play out so I'm sure they have multiple plans for next year depending on the COVID situation. There is a 0% chance they know definitively if we'll be in person or online August of 2021. They want us on campus. If everything goes well, I would assume at the minimum they would try to have everyone on campus for STRX and DOCs like they are trying now. If things don't go as planned, you may be online like we were for the first semester.

I was very fortunate to receive an acceptance to another school and will be withdrawing my acceptance to UIW. I'm not seeing any option to withdraw in the portal, so I was wondering if other admitted students who have withdrawn just sent an email?

Since the interview was an MMI, did any of you send a thank you note? If so, who did you address it to? TIA!
I did not send a thank you not for this interview. Most of my conversations were 3/4 minutes long. I did however thank the admissions officer over zoom multiple times!

Anyone complete since end of November and heard nothing yet post secondary?

I’ve been complete since late October and have got radio silence. Really want to attend this school, but the constant waiting without hearing anything is really stressful.

Hey everyone, I was lucky enough to be considered for an interview and have it coming up next week. I was wondering if anyone has interviewed with them could tell me how the experience went? I'm a little nervous about what to expect. Thank you

Hey everyone, I was lucky enough to be considered for an interview and have it coming up next week. I was wondering if anyone has interviewed with them could tell me how the experience went? I'm a little nervous about what to expect. Thank you
stats?

I’m curious if anybody on the “we need more interview spots before interviewing you” list has been bumped up yet.

Since the interview was an MMI, did any of you send a thank you note? If so, who did you address it to? TIA!
I didn’t send a thank you note and I got accepted. It’s not necessary.

I've been on the pre-II waitlist since october. I even sent an update letter in December since I happened to improve my GPA while completing my post bacc program, but I've heard nothing. Does anyone know if people actually make it off this waitlist and until when UIWSOM interviews applicants?

I've been on the pre-II waitlist since october. I even sent an update letter in December since I happened to improve my GPA while completing my post bacc program, but I've heard nothing. Does anyone know if people actually make it off this waitlist and until when UIWSOM interviews applicants?

I’m also wondering this too.

I accepted the UIWSOM offer couple months ago, but something came up so I had to forfeit my spot, hope one of you all on the waiting list gets it! Good luck!

Reactions: 3 users
I’ve been complete since late October and have got radio silence. Really want to attend this school, but the constant waiting without hearing anything is really stressful.
did you receive a complete email?

I applied in December and they just sent me a secondary today, I am curious about this as well (I am sorry if that adds to anyone's anxiety).

I applied in December and they just sent me a secondary today, I am curious about this as well (I am sorry if that adds to anyone's anxiety).

I haven't filled it out yet. I go back/forth on it.

Edit: Nevermind. I decided to just fill out the thing and submit it. We shall see.

Last edited:
Is this an Interview waitlist? Is there new interview dates left at UIWSOM? Thank y'all!
"This email is to inform you that your application is still being considered. Due to the limited number of space at each interview session we are currently unable to extend an invitation to participate at this time. However, if space permits, an offer may be extended for a future interview date. Interviews are held throughout the fall and spring."

Is this an Interview waitlist? Is there new interview dates left at UIWSOM? Thank y'all!
"This email is to inform you that your application is still being considered. Due to the limited number of space at each interview session we are currently unable to extend an invitation to participate at this time. However, if space permits, an offer may be extended for a future interview date. Interviews are held throughout the fall and spring."
You got this yesterday?
When were you complete?

Does anyone know if they accept letters of intent? Thank you.

I have an interview this Friday and was hoping anyone had an insight if we’re still considered for the acceptance pool? I know it’s later in the game— would I be considered for a spot for the waitlist?
Any last minute tips for the MMI/ written portion? Thanks 🥺

Can we send letter of intent if we are in the acceptance waitlist or just before that?

just recieved an interview invite, I could interview in two days if I wanted to xD

the other dates were 1st, 5th, and 22nd of feb.

complete back in late Novemeber.