2020-2021 UT Austin (Dell)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just got a secondary invite lmao. Would love to go here but shocked to be hearing anything this late in the game.

Members don't see this ad.

• Wow
Reactions: 3 users
Just got a secondary invite lmao. Would love to go here but shocked to be hearing anything this late in the game.
They are pretty selective with their secondaries and interview invites, so show them what you got if you are interested in this school!

• Care
Are there any current MS1s here that can talk about their experience at dell bc of COVID? I remember that students mentioned during the interview that they had resumed some in-person things, but can't remember.
Not MS1, but from what I know, they had in-person anatomy lab and clinical skills classes. So that's 2 sessions per week, about 7 hours. I'm not sure about PILLARS (team-based learning) but I did that virtually last Spring and it was well adapted to online learning. The straight lectures definitely got a little monotonous when online ngl, but not sure if any place is having those in person. A few classmates and I facetimed during lecture to talk through cases and that made it better.

Members don't see this ad :)
My roommate got her secondary in December, interviewed at the last date, then got accepted on match day! The timing doesn't matter here, just be yourself :)

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
Got the II call today! It totally took me by surprise. Secondary complete (10/29)
Stats for those who care: 3.47 cgpa; 3.27 sgpa; 510 MCAT - URM (LM 65)

Reactions: 1 users
Got the II call today! It totally took me by surprise. Secondary complete (10/29)
My stats looked similar to this, hope you have lots of confidence for your interview and know that the doors here are open for you :)

Hoping and wondering if I will also get a call soon. My stats are very similar to this. Congratulations, TheStarfus!

I swore I wouldn't be this person...but has anyone heard about new-prematches(post October)? Just want to make sure I'm not crazy 😅

Has anyone heard about scholarship awards? I believe the committee said they would notify selected candidates on Dec. 18th

II yesterday!! I was sure they were done for this cycle so I'm super excited! Secondary completed on 11/8! Any tips on interviewing at Dell? :)

Got a phone call about an interview today. Very shocked since it’s “late”. 3.6 GPA and 507. I also royally bombed my secondary application video so I’m floored.

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Got the call to interview today. Stats in my signature. This was totally unexpected honestly, but super excited for the opportunity!

There's around 68 ppl in the fb group. There are a few current students etc so maybe like 55-60 prematches?

Last edited:
This thread is sooooo quietttttttttt.... how's everyone feeling before rank lists are due??? Hahaha! Anyone having thoughts about other schools over Dell or anything?

This thread is sooooo quietttttttttt.... how's everyone feeling before rank lists are due??? Hahaha! Anyone having thoughts about other schools over Dell or anything?
I'm feeling lots of anxiety! I have scholarship offers from two other Texas schools, but Dell has been my dream for a long time so I've been going back and forth. I'm sending good vibes to everyone though!!! At least things will officially be out of our hands soon? How is everyone else feeling??

Reactions: 1 user
Does anyone know if out-of-staters will also find out if they are accepted or not on match day?

Does anyone know if out-of-staters will also find out if they are accepted or not on match day?
@dmmedical I think some OOS students may have received offers already, but Match Day is a good ballpark date for more offers.
Remember that with a class size of 50, there can be at most 5 OOS matriculants.
If you don't get an offer in March, early May is another action period because OOS and AMCAS applicants who have more than one offer of acceptance will have to narrow their offers down to ONE by April 30th.
If some OOS people drop Dell, an offer to fill their slots could go to another OOS applicant who is still interested.

Last edited:
Why do you think dell won’t have much WL movement?
Nothing factual but it seems like they sent out a decent amount of prematches and the rest were filled up this morning. Also, Dell tends to not have much WL movement because it really is such a small class - only reasons someone would let go of their Dell spot I'm thinking would be for Baylor and something out of state. Sad though, big time dream school :cryi:

Nothing factual but it seems like they sent out a decent amount of prematches and the rest were filled up this morning. Also, Dell tends to not have much WL movement because it really is such a small class - only reasons someone would let go of their Dell spot I'm thinking would be for Baylor and something out of state. Sad though, big time dream school :cryi:
Got the same sentiment over here. Have you received any communication about WL?

Edit: looks like I got on the "waitlist" too. Sounds like we're all part of the WL gang now!

Last edited:
Got the same sentiment over here. Have you received any communication about WL?
Nothing yet! They may be selective about their WL, if anyone finds out let us know! :)

Edit: Just received WL!

Last edited:
Does anyone know how financial aid works at Dell? Do they send out scholarship information to accepted applicants?

I just received a waitlist email. Does anyone know how big their waitlist is?

Also, waitlisted. I’m wondering if they add all interviewees who didn’t match to waitlist, does anyone know?

Also, waitlisted. I’m wondering if they add all interviewees who didn’t match to waitlist, does anyone know?
I am wondering the same. Dell is my #1 so I don't know if I should wait to find housing, etc for the school I matched to or hold onto hope. Would be nice to know how many students make it to the waitlist. Nose goes to email and ask...

I was put on the WL too. I doubt they would have a WL of 300+ people, for a class size of 50.

WL, withdrew from consideration. Good luck all!

• Care
Waitlisted. OOS. Also curious as to how big the waitlist is and if they waitlist those who did not match. Agree though with the idea the waitlist is not 300 plus people long for a class size of 50.

+1 WL. In-state. Curious how much WL movement there is here. I looked at the previous thread and there was 1, maybe 2 people who posted. I hope the odds are higher than that. MSAR didn't have any information/data on WL at Dell either.

I’d say 6 or so people got off the waitlist in my class (2023). It’s a good number considering total class size/interviews given. I wish luck to those who really want to go to Dell.

I got off the waitlist in May after having no acceptances, so you can imagine how happy I was to not reapply AND get into my dream school. It’s certainly possible. Anyone without an A today, prepare to reapply but maybe hold onto a small hope. No matter what, know that when you get accepted (pre match, match, waitlist, reapplication) does not determine your academic success :)

Last edited:
  • Care
Reactions: 5 users
Anyone know about if they waitlist everyone?

Also - it's interesting that with other schools that say that LOIs don't impact their decision, students still send them regardless. But I think with Dell specifically, students really don't send them. I wish we could!!

Anyone know about if they waitlist everyone?

Also - it's interesting that with other schools that say that LOIs don't impact their decision, students still send them regardless. But I think with Dell specifically, students really don't send them. I wish we could!!
On one of the threads in the last two years, somebody asked if anybody got a post-interview rejection email and nobody said yes, so I bet everyone who was interviewed has been waitlisted. That being said, has anybody been rejected post-interview?

just fyi some ppl (~9) did leave our fb page & there is this one person in their since dec that is 100% going to baylor (her profile pic posted in jan is her saying she's going to Baylor) so there is hope for wl movement!

I just got accepted through the Waitlist! I'm stupid shocked! If there is an admitted student on the Thread, can you dm me the GroupMe?

• Care
Reactions: 6 users
Can't believe I got off the waitlist! Super excited to go to Dell! Can someone DM me the GroupMe link? Thanks!

• Love
Hi!!! I also just got off the waitlist and was wondering if anyone could send me the link to the Facebook group or group me? Thanks in advance :)