2020-2021 UT Austin (Dell)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Goodluck tomorrow! You got this :) When did you submit your secondary if you dont mind me asking?
Sorry it’s been a long day! But I was complete on 7/29. I received the secondary maybe 1 day before that, so kind of late compared to the rest that I received.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Got the II call earlier today! Complete early August IS!

Reactions: 10 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone received a secondary recently? I have yet to receive one but am starting to lose hope. I have a high GPA and a lower MCAT score with some unique extracurriculars. I was complete in early September due to an MCAT retake.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
Has anyone received a secondary recently? I have yet to receive one but am starting to lose hope. I have a high GPA and a lower MCAT score with some unique extracurriculars. I was complete in early September due to an MCAT retake.
+1

just received a secondary invite! LM 74, complete 7/31

• Love
Reactions: 9 users
accepted just now via phone call. They're in the vicinity!

• Love
Reactions: 16 users
Thank you. September 15th was my interview day.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Checked my voicemail and I got the acceptance call today! Interviewed early October. Good luck to all still waiting!

• Love
Reactions: 22 users
Checked my voicemail and I got the acceptance call today! Interviewed early October. Good luck to all still waiting!

Congratulations!!!! Meanwhile... still waiting for a secondary over here :( LOL

Got an II! The date offered was 11/10. IS/LM 67/URM. I turned in my video secondary late august.

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
My friend got an II and was wondering if that will be the final round? She heard from somewhere that after this initial II, there will be another round of II. Is that incorrect? Is it just II --> Acceptance/Rejection or II1 --> II2 --> Acceptance/Rejection

My friend got an II and was wondering if that will be the final round? She heard from somewhere that after this initial II, there will be another round of II. Is that incorrect? Is it just II --> Acceptance/Rejection or II1 --> II2 --> Acceptance/Rejection
There is only 1 interview per candidate.

Is anyone willing to share what they wore to the virtual social the night before the interview? I figured it would be business casual, but I'm not completely sure.

Is anyone willing to share what they wore to the virtual social the night before the interview? I figured it would be business casual, but I'm not completely sure.

Hi! Yes to business casual - I wore a blouse with slacks no jacket. Most guys were wearing button ups but again no jacket. It's very casual and fun!

Does anyone know how long it takes for Dell to pop up in our TMDSAS School Rank List Preferences thing? Interviewed here last week, but it still hasn't shown up in my TMDSAS portal. All my other schools appeared 2-3 days after interviewing, but Dell hasn't.

Does anyone know how long it takes for Dell to pop up in our TMDSAS School Rank List Preferences thing? Interviewed here last week, but it still hasn't shown up in my TMDSAS portal. All my other schools appeared 2-3 days after interviewing, but Dell hasn't.

I wouldn't worry about this it has no bearing on whether or not you'll get into this school. They mentioned that they will try to get it updated quickly but to not expect it immediately.

Got an OOS secondary invite today - totally shocked!

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
Should I not get my hopes up too high at this point about not receiving a secondary application from Dell or is there still hope for me?

Reactions: 3 users
Hello! Just wanted to pop in as an MS2 to tell y'all that I'm still around intermittently and you can inbox me if you have questions about the school (not re: interviews). You can ask me whatever you want, I don't talk to med ed or admissions :thumbup:

Should I not get my hopes up too high at this point about not receiving a secondary application from Dell or is there still hope for me?
Thanksgiving is looming, and I have had radio silence too... :/

Just got interview invite yesterday morning! From a 512 number... it totally took me by surprise because it's nearly been 2 months since I finished my secondary... The entire phone call was over in less than a minute because I was too shocked to say anything other than "Oh!" and "Yes." Don't give up hope yet guys!

Hey I'm in state and just got secondary end of last week. Definitely still hope.

Reactions: 2 users
Any hope for OOS applicants who haven't heard anything? I was complete in mid-late July.

I received my acceptance on 11/03, which I’m pumped for since this is my top choice. However, I’ve heard radio silence from the school since (whereas other schools I’ve been accepted to have added to groups, hosted virtual events, etc). Are these not a thing at Dell?

I received my acceptance on 11/03, which I’m pumped for since this is my top choice. However, I’ve heard radio silence from the school since (whereas other schools I’ve been accepted to have added to groups, hosted virtual events, etc). Are these not a thing at Dell?
It's pretty early on in the process, I wouldn't worry about that. I'm sure they'll have more of that stuff after match! Congratulations!

Reactions: 2 users
On their website it says that Dec. 15 is the "deadline for priority secondary application." Does anyone know what this means? Is this the last day to receive a secondary invitation or the last day to submit one? Historically, have they invited people to submit a secondary after this deadline, which I believe is typically in November?

Last edited:

If that is a pic of you then I would recommend removing it. This is mainly an anonymous forum, which gives us the ability to ask questions freely (to a certain degree), but schools can still see these messages since these are public forums.

Last edited:
If that is a pic of you then I would recommend removing it. This is mainly an anonymous forum, which gives us the ability to ask questions freely (to a certain degree), but schools can still see these messages since these are public forums.
Thx! New here

My primary was transmitted late June and I am a UT student with LM ~70 and I haven't received a secondary yet.
On their website it says that Dec. 15 is the "deadline for priority secondary application." Does anyone know what this means? Is this the last day to receive a secondary invitation or the last day to submit one? Historically, have they invited people to submit a secondary after this deadline, which I believe is typically in November?
I also am not sure about what this priority deadline means exactly. Hopefully they will continue to send secondaries after 12/15.

Never received a secondary and have pretty much taken myself out of contention given the Dec. 15 priority deadline. Did anyone receive one this week?

• Sad
  • Care
Reactions: 6 users
Interview received this morning! Secondary complete mid September.

Never received a secondary and have pretty much taken myself out of contention given the Dec. 15 priority deadline. Did anyone receive one this week?
Im on the same boat as you :( I really thought I’d at least get a secondary

• Care
Im on the same boat as you :( I really thought I’d at least get a secondary

I remember hearing that they planned 600-800 secondaries to be sent out. Secondary screening seems to eliminate most of the applicant pool. One of the people involved in admissions said this right around the 18 minute mark.

Are there any current MS1s here that can talk about their experience at dell bc of COVID? I remember that students mentioned during the interview that they had resumed some in-person things, but can't remember.

Got my Dell tuition coupon today. Was expecting more but blessed to even be considered for something. They're in the vicinity if you're expecting one!

Has anyone sent an LOI (letter of intent or interest) to Dell? I know they clearly stated in the interview they do not accept them but part of me is dying to send them one to express how much I would love to be apart of their class. Also worried that it would come across bad sending one when they said no to it. Wondering if anyone has had experience on this!

Has anyone sent an LOI (letter of intent or interest) to Dell? I know they clearly stated in the interview they do not accept them but part of me is dying to send them one to express how much I would love to be apart of their class. Also worried that it would come across bad sending one when they said no to it. Wondering if anyone has had experience on this!
If they say that they don’t accept/want them then I don’t think you should consider sending one, it probably won’t help and might hurt if anything

During my interview (in the end when they were talking about match and expectations) right after saying they don’t accept Loi’s, they also added, that even if you sent one, the adcoms would never get it. That they’re so focused on fit they are only going to look at what’s in your application/interview evals. They also said it wouldn’t be fair for someone to get a leg up over another applicant just for sending in a Loi.

That being said, the best case is that your loi is viewed extremely neutrally, and then just put aside. The worst case is that I really do think you risk harming your application by sending one in (since it was made so clear they don’t want them). 😢