You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2021-2022 Baylor
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Watch them break the trend and wait till tomorrow or even after Thanksgiving xDManifesting good vibes for all of us today! ❤️
conwork
Full Member
Lol that's what I was thinking. It is the first year they have been on TMDSAS, so who knows?Watch them break the trend and wait till tomorrow or even after Thanksgiving xD
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
If you scroll up someone exact previous dates of first admission, but it’s usually Monday or Tuesday before thanksgiving
msjackson275
Full Member
anything??? 😶
Pls baylor I was just joking 🙁Watch them break the trend and wait till tomorrow or even after Thanksgiving xD
Soooo, any chance of tomorrow or y’all think they prob out of office?
D
deleted1106377
There might be a chance. SDN is definitely quieter this year, but that hasn't been indicative of less interview invites/updates. I have friends who've gotten IIs on days for some schools nobody commented on SDN. But I still wouldn't worry about it. I am planning on enjoying Thanksgiving (and my birthday lol) and not looking at my email.Is it possible they sent out acceptances to ppl who aren't on SDN? In the past 5 years, they've sent out A's a few days before Thanksgiving so I can't fathom why they would deviate from that.
Possible but unlikely that not a single person on SDN was accepted...for literally every other TX school, when As went out posts immediately sprang upIs it possible they sent out acceptances to ppl who aren't on SDN? In the past 5 years, they've sent out A's a few days before Thanksgiving so I can't fathom why they would deviate from that.
Time to put on the clown wig again and wait for another possible round of calls. I mean, they’ve already broken precedent going this late, they might as well call today… right? At this point I just want them to call anybody, hopefully it’s one of y’all so we can be alerted
overnightoats4ever
Full Member
You're not alone, holding out hope it'll maybe be today as well! 🙂Time to put on the clown wig again and wait for another possible round of calls. I mean, they’ve already broken precedent going this late, they might as well call today… right? At this point I just want them to call anybody, hopefully it’s one of y’all so we can be alerted
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
plumeria17
Full Member
feeling like a clown for thinking it would be today
don't we all...why did they have to break a half-decade-minimum tradition our year?? 😥feeling like a clown for thinking it would be today
CapableEstate
New Member
My name jeff
Manifesting for tomorrow?
msjackson275
Full Member
Not looking like it :/
Accepted via phone call!
texaspremed45
Full Member
Amazing! Congrats! When did you interview?Accepted via phone call!
Amazing! Congrats! When did you interview?
Mid October!
Accepted from a late August interview!
doctorstudentnetwork
Full Member
Anxiety reaching unprecedented levels goodness
Did you receive a call around noon like the other person or are they still making calls?Accepted from a late August interview!
When a school makes calls to offer acceptances it can take quite a while, so turn on your ringers, y'all, now that you know they are calling today 🙂Did you receive a call around noon like the other person or are they still making calls?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
For me it was like 1 ish CST. Also one thing to keep in mind, the person calling said that prematch offers wouldn't show up in the portal till thursday. Maybe that means they will also he calling tomorrow?Did you receive a call around noon like the other person or are they still making calls?
msjackson275
Full Member
Have any OOS gotten a call??
BCM student here! congrats!! I had to make the same decision 2 years ago so message me if you have questions!!In state accepted with a full-ride scholarship today!! ahh this feels unbelievable. i literally cried after my first interview cause i thought I had done so poorly. Trying to decide between Baylor and UTSW now.
Congratulation!! Would you mind to share your stats such as MCAT/GPA and etc?In state accepted with a full-ride scholarship today!! ahh this feels unbelievable. i literally cried after my first interview cause i thought I had done so poorly. Trying to decide between Baylor and UTSW now.
little_penguin
Full Member
Anybody get accepted yesterday and interview 11/5?
In my cycle, I interviewed in August, wasn't accepted until March.
Granted this was on AMCAS timeline. But the point is: Baylor has a drawn-out admissions process. If people who interviewed after you are getting accepted, it doesn't mean you've been rejected (compared to other schools where this generally holds true)
Granted this was on AMCAS timeline. But the point is: Baylor has a drawn-out admissions process. If people who interviewed after you are getting accepted, it doesn't mean you've been rejected (compared to other schools where this generally holds true)
Thank you!! My stats were the average MCAT/GPA for Baylor students. I think what made me stand out was probably my interests outside of medicine (I had a nonscience major, did research in the social sciences, etc.).Congratulation!! Would you mind to share your stats such as MCAT/GPA and etc?
I'm totally going to message you!BCM student here! congrats!! I had to make the same decision 2 years ago so message me if you have questions!!
Thanks for sharing!In my cycle, I interviewed in August, wasn't accepted until March.
Granted this was on AMCAS timeline. But the point is: Baylor has a drawn-out admissions process. If people who interviewed after you are getting accepted, it doesn't mean you've been rejected (compared to other schools where this generally holds true)
Just curious, to your last point, how true are we talking? Is this mainly a rule of thumb for schools that don’t have the “continued consideration” category? This is my first cycle so I’m new to understanding the processes that different school operate with.
Are you saying schools will choose to reject folks, not send them a email, and just ghost em?
Judging from your username, you seem to be from Dallas. Good luck deciding between UTSW and Baylor! That’ll be a tough one for sureIn state accepted with a full-ride scholarship today!! ahh this feels unbelievable. i literally cried after my first interview cause i thought I had done so poorly. Trying to decide between Baylor and UTSW now.
londonfogplease
Full Member
so amazing, congrats! are you able to see the scholarship offer in your portal letter?In state accepted with a full-ride scholarship today!! ahh this feels unbelievable. i literally cried after my first interview cause i thought I had done so poorly. Trying to decide between Baylor and UTSW now.
this makes me feel better, haven't received a call, and I interviewed October 8th...fingers crossedIn my cycle, I interviewed in August, wasn't accepted until March.
Granted this was on AMCAS timeline. But the point is: Baylor has a drawn-out admissions process. If people who interviewed after you are getting accepted, it doesn't mean you've been rejected (compared to other schools where this generally holds true)
Thank you!! It definitely is tough!Judging from your username, you seem to be from Dallas. Good luck deciding between UTSW and Baylor! That’ll be a tough one for sure
thanks! so it's not in my portal, but they emailed me today with the official offerso amazing, congrats! are you able to see the scholarship offer in your portal letter?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm pretty sure prematch offers can (and will) go out through the end of january; I'm guessing this week was just the first of multiple waveshas anybody gotten a call today or are prematch offers over?
premed4ever&ever
New Member
I interviewed at Baylor in September...Is it possible to still get a pre-match offer before match day or is my only chance of getting accepted on match? Thanks!!
Prematch offers are possible until January 31.I interviewed at Baylor in September...Is it possible to still get a pre-match offer before match day or is my only chance of getting accepted on match? Thanks!!
Remember that only 1 in 7 applicants gets a prematch offer so don’t worry if you don’t, be sure to rank all your schools where you interviewed.