2021-2022 Buffalo (Jacobs)

Started by wysdoc
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anyone also have a general idea of when the virtual interviews are scheduled? I’m trying to see if I’ll have to request time off work or if it would be fine with my schedule.
 
Does anyone also have a general idea of when the virtual interviews are scheduled? I’m trying to see if I’ll have to request time off work or if it would be fine with my schedule.
email the woman and let them know what your time constraints are.

I told them mine and they were able to accommodate it. I had my interviews in the evening
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
From what I've heard, since


1st semester pretty sure we just take Anatomy & Fundamentals of Biochem. I think the only true on campus attendance requirement is Anatomy Lab (which I imagine is at least 3x a week) and exams. Aside from that, from what I've heard COVID really transitioned everything to be pretty flexible. One of my friends is an M1 and they said essentially all lectures are recorded, you have the option to attend in person (think it's more of a consideration thing for professors), but you have the option to watch the recordings & keep up with everything at your own pace (again, aside from Anatomy Lab) - which i think they're also working on granting M1s 24/7 access to the cadaver lab which would be cool.
M1 here and can confirm you basically hit the nail on the head. Anatomy lab is "mandatory" (but honestly not really cause they don't take attendance... if you miss no one will chase you down) and you have mandatory lecture sessions sprinkled in here and there every couple of weeks. Other than that it is recorded lectures if you want to just watch at home. And M1's BASICALLY do have 24/7 access to the anatomy lab except it closes down for like 3 hours in the late afternoon for some reason.

Source: an M1 who ripped multiple 4am anatomy sessions pre exam

Feel free to pm me any questions you guys might have
 
M1 here and can confirm you basically hit the nail on the head. Anatomy lab is "mandatory" (but honestly not really cause they don't take attendance... if you miss no one will chase you down) and you have mandatory lecture sessions sprinkled in here and there every couple of weeks. Other than that it is recorded lectures if you want to just watch at home. And M1's BASICALLY do have 24/7 access to the anatomy lab except it closes down for like 3 hours in the late afternoon for some reason.

Source: an M1 who ripped multiple 4am anatomy sessions pre exam

Feel free to pm me any questions you guys might have
is it true that recorded lectures are spotty and may not be up sometimes?
and that there’s a quiz/test to study for every 2 weeks?
 
is it true that recorded lectures are spotty and may not be up sometimes?
and that there’s a quiz/test to study for every 2 weeks?
Very true. They are troubleshooting some of the errors that occur. But sometimes they start recordings late, or they just stop. They do a good job of posting the previous year's lectures as a replacement though which are more or less identical. Current problem is that the recordings run on a timer so whenever the lecture runs past noon the rest gets cut off, they do a good job at getting us the material though.
 
how long do it usually take to hear back?

I interviewed 2/18 & 2/21, im gettin hella anxious lolol
 
Does anybody know the thank you note policy? Can I email both my interviewers a thank you note or should it be 1 note uploaded to the portal?
 
Does anybody know the thank you note policy? Can I email both my interviewers a thank you note or should it be 1 note uploaded to the portal?
If you have the emails of both interviewers, you can send it directly. I only had the email for one. For the other, I reached out to admissions and they told me to just send them the letter and they would forward it to the interviewer
 
Do you guys think we are being evaluated during the Virtual Student Q and A session?; wasn't really sure what to ask other than the basic questions..
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anyone know if out of state students can qualify for instate tuition after the first year?
No you have to meet NYS residency requirements which means you are not a student and have lived in the state. Otherwise all M2s and up would be getting in state tuition.
 
withdrew my app, hopefully it opens up some space. good luck everyone!
thank you!!! and if anyone is sitting on an A/withdraws at any point, it'd be great to know. Gives us WL people some hope 🙂

also, last year the peeps in the admitted student group let us WL people know if there was movement in and out of there, as another data point

quite stressful being on the WL's, so anything u can do is appreciated. Thanks gang !
 
I was told that the beginning of April is good but if they're actively looking now... I though I had more time to prepare it 😥
Well my interviewer didn’t give me a deadline just said it’s coming down to that point. I didn’t mean to make everyone nervous! lol I just wanted to let everyone know there should be movement in the upcoming weeks. That’s all. Wishing everyone the best of luck!!! 💛💛💛
 
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Well my interviewer didn’t give me a deadline just said it’s coming down to that point. I didn’t mean to make everyone nervous! lol I just wanted to let everyone know there should be movement in the upcoming weeks. That’s all.
u def didnt make anyone nervous like actively, nooooo probbbb. Def just a byproduct of it comin down to the wire! exciting times.
 
Well my interviewer didn’t give me a deadline just said it’s coming down to that point. I didn’t mean to make everyone nervous! lol I just wanted to let everyone know there should be movement in the upcoming weeks. That’s all. Wishing everyone the best of luck!!! 💛💛💛
Oh no that's not what I meant. I'm a bucket of nerves now and really any information would make me nervous. I hope you get a positive response soon!!!
 
No you have to meet NYS residency requirements which means you are not a student and have lived in the state. Otherwise all M2s and up would be getting in state tuition.
Gotcha. Yea some medical schools allow all out of state students to qualify for in state tuition after the first year due to more lenient residency rules.