2021-2022 Buffalo (Jacobs)

Started by wysdoc
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Which scholarship application are you referring to? Was it sent out to everyone or only certain students?
It was just like a general scholarship application to apply to any scholarship. I’m assuming it was sent to everyone. I got it back in November.
 
To any current students, I was wondering if it has been in any way a disadvantage that UB doesn't have its own university teaching hospital?
 
To any current students, I was wondering if it has been in any way a disadvantage that UB doesn't have its own university teaching hospital?
UB has its affiliated hospitals across Buffalo. Two of which, Buffalo General Hospital and Oishei Children are right across from the school building. Some schools are in bundle with university teaching hospital to ensure their students have reserved resources such as patients volume, available preceptors, etc. UB is the only medical school in the entire Western New York region, thus no reason for UB to manage its own university hospital.
 
UB has its affiliated hospitals across Buffalo. Two of which, Buffalo General Hospital and Oishei Children are right across from the school building. Some schools are in bundle with university teaching hospital to ensure their students have reserved resources such as patients volume, available preceptors, etc. UB is the only medical school in the entire Western New York region, thus no reason for UB to manage its own university hospital.
That makes sense, thank you!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
T

The WL part of that theory doesn’t seem accurate since there has been no WL movement yet.
Possibly but not necessarily because last cycle (and this one) are very unlike the ones they've had in the past so that may have impacted how much movement we have seen. Last year had some movement in December and then pretty much nothing after which is odd for a school that's known for taking a significant portion of their students off the WL.
 
Possibly but not necessarily because last cycle (and this one) are very unlike the ones they've had in the past so that may have impacted how much movement we have seen. Last year had some movement in December and then pretty much nothing after which is odd for a school that's known for taking a significant portion of their students off the WL.
yeah, I wouldn't stress ab WL movement until later in the cycle! (I'm on the WL now). Feels like a much less stressful process to assume im not going to hear anything until at least April. I'd just update them and hope for the best 🙂
 
yeah, I wouldn't stress ab WL movement until later in the cycle! (I'm on the WL now). Feels like a much less stressful process to assume im not going to hear anything until at least April. I'd just update them and hope for the best 🙂
I will say tho, it's difficult being on the WL! This is my second time on the WL (interviewed in Aug 2020, WL Dec Interviewed Sept 2021, WL Nov 2021), I love the program, the facilities are amazing and people seem so genuine, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed and trying to be optimistic
 
I will say tho, it's difficult being on the WL! This is my second time on the WL (interviewed in Aug 2020, WL Dec Interviewed Sept 2021, WL Nov 2021), I love the program, the facilities are amazing and people seem so genuine, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed and trying to be optimistic
It really is. Each year is so different from the other but because we don't know when we can hear back, we can only look back at other years and compare. But when we see differences, it becomes more disheartening (last year had movement in December but we still haven't had any). Of course, we have to look at it from a positive perspective. Last year had movement early on but none later. Since it's unlikely that there is no movement at all, these next few months should have at least some movement, hopefully a lot. Best of luck to everyone waiting out this difficult process!!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
For people that have gotten accepted, are there multiple emails? Not sure if I should check my email before an exam :/
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
anyone who received a decision, at approximately what time did u receive your email lol 🙂 also any other 02/16 interviewees waiting on a decision here?