You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2021-2022 Creighton
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
TheReal-BilboBaggins
Full Member
Hmm, I also interviewed Late Nov/Early Dec and did not receive any sort of decision this week. Through email or on my portal. It still says my application is being reviewed by the committee. I don't like this lol
II received for the Global Arrupe Scholars program
Are they still giving out interviews? Applied to the Phx campus in August but haven't heard anything since
premed2121
New Member
I will admit I don't know what the best way to proceed is but I assume it's emailing admissions? But just wanted to let you know that at my interview recently they did mention that they had almost filled the Phoenix campus and were expecting to by the next round of decisions, so I would email sooner rather than later. They did mention that as people accept or decline their spot in the Phoenix class then people who have been accepted to Omaha but preferenced Phoenix will be switched to Phoenix.I was accepted in to the Omaha campus, but due to family reasons/health, I may want to switch to the Phoenix campus in order to be closer to home? If this is allowed, what is the best way to go about this? Emailing admissions?
confusedmonkey123
Full Member
When I got accepted in November or December (can't remember the month), I emailed them to switch my campus from Omaha to Phoenix, and they happily did so. Hopefully should not be a problem for you either!I will admit I don't know what the best way to proceed is but I assume it's emailing admissions? But just wanted to let you know that at my interview recently they did mention that they had almost filled the Phoenix campus and were expecting to by the next round of decisions, so I would email sooner rather than later. They did mention that as people accept or decline their spot in the Phoenix class then people who have been accepted to Omaha but preferenced Phoenix will be switched to Phoenix.
Has anyone gotten in after doing their masters of medical sciences degree at Creighton?
TheReal-BilboBaggins
Full Member
Damn. Placed on the alternate list today :/
ronbergundy
New Member
Just curious, was there a message saying you had a status update in your portal? Or where did it have your update?Alternate List. Interviewed late Nov/early Dec. OOS. LM 69-70.
Not surprised but damn these WLs are brutal
Didn't get an email or anything yet. Just checked my portal after seeing @whitemouse post
right after logging in, there's an exclamation point in a red box with the message: "A decision has been made on your application. Click to review your next steps" which has a link to my status change message. It's right in the middle of the page can't miss it.Just curious, was there a message saying you had a status update in your portal? Or where did it have your update?
I also got an email yesterday with the official notification of my status change (Alt. list)
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Lemon13463
Full Member
What are your thoughts on sending a LOI along with the updates, post interview but pre decision?
Is anyone else having difficulty uploading update materials on the portal? I interviewed at Creighton last week and want to include some updates regarding activities and a letter of intent before my application goes for final review. I have uploaded my documents but haven't gotten any verification on my portal.
Im uploading an LOI with my updates. Post-interview but pre-decision, I'd say go for it!What are your thoughts on sending a LOI along with the updates, post interview but pre decision?
I didn't get any confirmation when I uploaded an update and LOI. You're supposed to see a last uploaded date on your portal in the Updates section and I don't even see that. So I'm not sure if my documents got uploaded, I sent admissions an email. Waiting for a response.When people uploaded an update is there a confirmation email or anything?
Lemon13463
Full Member
Originally, I didn’t see the green update but I switched browsers and waited an hour and it showed up!Is anyone else having difficulty uploading update materials on the portal? I interviewed at Creighton last week and want to include some updates regarding activities and a letter of intent before my application goes for final review. I have uploaded my documents but haven't gotten any verification on my portal.
confusedmonkey123
Full Member
Just curious, would you all consider Creighton a low-tier or mid-tier school? It is hard to gauge its standing amongst others since it does not participate in the US News rankings...
Really? It's been like seven hours and I see nothing. Where did you see the green update?Originally, I didn’t see the green update but I switched browsers and waited an hour and it showed up!
Lemon13463
Full Member
Hm strange. Under each category that I submitted an update, it has the date and time of submission in green. I think sending an email to confirm was the right move in your case!
confusedmonkey123
Full Member
Do y'all know the differences of clinical rotations (M3/M4 year) between the Phoenix and Omaha campus? I selected Phoenix but now am doubting my decision. My main worry is that the clinical rotations will be more intense in Phoenix as they are less established than in Omaha.
Enoughimagination407
New Member
Just checked my portal and I had an invitation for "February Admitted Student Day Phoenix" but I have yet to receive anything else letting me know about a decision? On my information day after my interview they mentioned I wouldn't even be reviewed until 2/4 or 2/11. Does anyone else have this?
Just RSVP for it anyways and show up like a chadJust checked my portal and I had an invitation for "February Admitted Student Day Phoenix" but I have yet to receive anything else letting me know about a decision? On my information day after my interview they mentioned I wouldn't even be reviewed until 2/4 or 2/11. Does anyone else have this?
For anyone struggling with uploading update materials, try converting your word document to a PDF. It worked for me and I got a confirmation within 2 minutes.I didn't get any confirmation when I uploaded an update and LOI. You're supposed to see a last uploaded date on your portal in the Updates section and I don't even see that. So I'm not sure if my documents got uploaded, I sent admissions an email. Waiting for a response.
ronbergundy
New Member
Just got the A!! Interviewed Dec
Lemon13463
Full Member
Where in your portal do you see this?Just checked my portal and I had an invitation for "February Admitted Student Day Phoenix" but I have yet to receive anything else letting me know about a decision? On my information day after my interview they mentioned I wouldn't even be reviewed until 2/4 or 2/11. Does anyone else have this?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Enoughimagination407
New Member
Just on the front page of the portal, I received the A email about 2 hours after I posted!Where in your portal do you see this?
Can I asked what week you interviewed? I was told I'd be reviewed those days too so very curiousJust checked my portal and I had an invitation for "February Admitted Student Day Phoenix" but I have yet to receive anything else letting me know about a decision? On my information day after my interview they mentioned I wouldn't even be reviewed until 2/4 or 2/11. Does anyone else have this?
Enoughimagination407
New Member
Interviewed the week of 1/9Can I asked what week you interviewed? I was told I'd be reviewed those days too so very curious
dr. waffle
New Member
When did you apply for this program? I ask bc I’m still writing my statements and waiting to here back from a Jan interview. Curious about the turnaround rate.II received for the Global Arrupe Scholars program
ilovetacos21
Full Member
Does anyone have any idea about when Creighton will send financial aid packages to admitted students? CUSOM is my top choice out of 6 other acceptances, but the $96000/year COA is simply brutal 
confusedmonkey123
Full Member
I feel the same. Also, do we need to fill out FAFSA before being eligible for any non-need (ex: merit) based aid?Does anyone have any idea about when Creighton will send financial aid packages to admitted students? CUSOM is my top choice out of 6 other acceptances, but the $96000/year COA is simply brutal![]()
I received merit aid before filling out the FAFSA.I feel the same. Also, do we need to fill out FAFSA before being eligible for any non-need (ex: merit) based aid?
II just now. LM 77, OOS. Dates available next week and the following. Just out of curiosity, at this point will the date you interview really impact admissions decisions or will those who interview in the next two weeks be more than likely reviewed at the same time?
Last edited:
They told me they try to keep it as similar as possible between the two campuses. Interviewed with an M3 at the phx campus and it seemed like he really liked it. I think the patient populations will be pretty different but overall similar with the large safety net hospitals at both.Do y'all know the differences of clinical rotations (M3/M4 year) between the Phoenix and Omaha campus? I selected Phoenix but now am doubting my decision. My main worry is that the clinical rotations will be more intense in Phoenix as they are less established than in Omaha.
A today in the portal! No email and as of yet, no call.
EDIT: got the email a few hours later! Also for anyone who is using Chrome, their portal (even for acceptances etc) doesn't work on Chrome lol
EDIT: got the email a few hours later! Also for anyone who is using Chrome, their portal (even for acceptances etc) doesn't work on Chrome lol
Last edited:
ChemistryisFON
Full Member
Awesome! When did you interview?A today in the portal! No email and as of yet, no call.
Interviewed 1/13!Awesome! When did you interview?
Same here.... does anyone know when Creighton stops sending II? 🙁Radio silence since 7/27. Safe to assume rejection?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
premedapplicant5478
Full Member
Do you mind saying when you interviewed?Alternate list right now. Any thoughts on getting off of the list? Not the best news. Third time being on the alternate list (multiple schools) is not a good feeling.🥺
1/18Do you mind saying when you interviewed?
ChemistryisFON
Full Member
Did you get an email or was it a portal update?1/18
Did you get an email or was it a portal update?