2021-2022 Creighton

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Were you able to resolve this problem? I am having the same issue!
Yup, I cleared my cache in Chrome, and it didn't fix right away. However, I checked about 4 hours later, and it worked fine then. Hopefully that helps!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user

Has anyone had problems submitting the portal for the secondary application? Each time I save my essays on the additional information page and leave the page, all my entries delete. I am using Safari and following the instructions on the secondary invite email.
it may be a glitch, definitely would use chrome and not safari, but i had the same issue in both. there is in smaller print somewhere in the app directions that say if you're copying from word/pages, you need to copy to notepad/notes first and then into the secondary app. i missed that until i had the same issue for like 20 minutes lolol. then i saved after pasting each one, and it worked!

Reactions: 1 users
anyone not get an invite from them yet?

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I was able to resolve this. I called the Office of Admissions and they said that their system isn't registering word limits properly. I updated essays to be ~10 characters less than the maximum. Then try pasting and saving one essay at a time.

I submitted my secondary on July 12 and haven't gotten my application complete email yet? My recommendation status has a red X and says "Unknown" for Meets Req. Does anyone else have this? Idk if I should email or call the school yet. All my other med school portals have accepted my letters of recommendation just fine.

I submitted my secondary on July 12 and haven't gotten my application complete email yet? My recommendation status has a red X and says "Unknown" for Meets Req. Does anyone else have this? Idk if I should email or call the school yet. All my other med school portals have accepted my letters of recommendation just fine.
i had the same issue with an LOR... i emailed them and it turns out there was an issue on an LOR, but we were able to work it out asap. i would definitely reach out because I wouldn't have known what the problem was otherwise (they don't send an email or ask or anything). the lady in admissions is super sweet and helpful! [email protected] ETA: once we figured out the problem same day my app was marked complete.

also wanted to add I found out my specific issue was a letter not being on letterhead from an MD i worked with, shadowed, and published with. he retired a couple years ago and doesn't have access to institutional letterhead anymore. when i explained that she pushed it through no problem. i haven't run into that issue at any other of my MD schools, but it was definitely good to know.

also wanted to add I found out my specific issue was a letter not being on letterhead from an MD i worked with, shadowed, and published with. he retired a couple years ago and doesn't have access to institutional letterhead anymore. when i explained that she pushed it through no problem. i haven't run into that issue at any other of my MD schools, but it was definitely good to know.
Ah! So helpful! Thank you so much :)

Weird question, but does anyone know how the school community is? I am not religious at all and wondering about the campus and how much the schools religious background plays a part (some schools are super religious and make you even agree to "terms" when attending, just trying to gain more info). Thanks!

Any former or current students of the school here? I'm trying to learn more about the school to determine a school list. Hopeful to obtain some insight form a current student.

Weird question, but does anyone know how the school community is? I am not religious at all and wondering about the campus and how much the schools religious background plays a part (some schools are super religious and make you even agree to "terms" when attending, just trying to gain more info). Thanks!
Could someone speak to this? I am looking at a few Jesuit medical schools, but I am not a fan of incorporating spiritual components in a medical school curriculum. While it’s important, I feel like it’s something that is gained via experience as a physician. I am also Asian with Hindu religion but honestly not religious as it doesn’t add anything to my charscter.

So with this information, is The culture and curriculum of a Jesuit medical school a good fit or should I pass when i apply?

Hello everybody. Current M2. If anybody has questions about the school feel free to DM me.

Members don't see this ad :)
I think there were actually a couple questions just before you posted about the Jesuit mission and such.
I don't think the fact that Creighton is a Jesuit institution has affected my ability to learn medicine in any way whatsoever. The values they emphasize are focused on making you the most compassionate and well-rounded physician you can be. Religion is not forced upon you. I'm the last person you'd find at a Catholic mass and I'm doing just fine here. The people here are actually some of the nicest people I've ever met and it creates a less stressful learning environment.

Reactions: 5 users
creates a less stressful learning environment.
Not them sending me an email that starts with “Greetings” just to be an email from the Diversity Office saying I should apply when I already have. I almost had a full blown heart attack 😂. This less stressful environment is just propaganda I tell you! 😂

Not them sending me an email that starts with “Greetings” just to be an email from the Diversity Office saying I should apply when I already have. I almost had a full blown heart attack 😂. This less stressful environment is just propaganda I tell you! 😂
Did you email the adcoms to expedite your app?

Same! I think i will just refer to their email and try to be as polite about it as possible.
So what you’re saying is, “please read my app. Love you, bye”, is not the way to go? 🤔

I’ll reevaluate my strategies.

So what you’re saying is, “please read my app. Love you, bye”, is not the way to go? 🤔

I’ll reevaluate my strategies.
I replied directly to the email telling them I already applied with my AMC ID number but
Are y’all emailing a different email?

Current M1 here. Would be glad to answer any questions.

I have only 100 nonmedical volunteer hours. does that put me at a disadvantage?
I talk to the admission office, they say that having more non-medical volunteer hours will put you in a different category, so I don't think fewer hours will hurt your application, but you will be much more competitive if you have many non-medical hours.

Reactions: 3 users
I just submitted my secondary, do you guys think that it's too late already?

Rule of thumb is anything before Labor Day is considered early/on time! Don’t worry you are fine
Labor Day rule is actually not really supported anymore! Being complete by mid-August is more of the new standard to be early/on time

• Okay...
  • Hmm
i see online a bit of murmur about how creighton doesnt accept sub-125 mcat section scores unless there are special circumstances, do you think its not worth it for me to submit my secondary with a (127, 124, 129, 128) spread then? or since its cars do you think theres still a shot?

Interview invites should be coming out soon. First day of interviews is august 30th.

No haha. I'm just here to interview applicants and provide my evaluation. That's the facutly adcom's job.
Do you happen to know if applicants are going to be interviewed in the same pool for both campuses?

Do you happen to know if applicants are going to be interviewed in the same pool for both campuses?
I think so(not 100%) since theres only M2s from Omaha right now so it's likely we'll be doing the student interview for both campuses. IIRC, you put your preference and then when they decide to admit you is when they designate what campus you're going to. Might want to check out last year's thread.

I love Creighton. My first MD acceptance came from this school on 28 Octobet 2019. The interview in Omaha was amazing as the students and faculties were awesome. Loved the enchiladas on interview day and second look in Phoenix. I did not matriculate here, but love this school. GL premed.
You had me at enchiladas.

II! No dates for student interviews yet though, can't quite schedule

II this morning!
Complete 7/27

II this morning! Went into my promotions folder for some reason on Gmail, so make sure y'all check those weird folders. I am able to schedule my interview now.

II this morning as well! Was complete 8/13, interviews scheduled for 8/30, 3.73 516

No, I'm a student interviewer.
As a student interviewer, what does the admissions committee look for in applicants? Just saw that people were getting interviews here today and now I'm getting worried lol.

II this morning as well! Was complete 8/13, interviews scheduled for 8/30, 3.73 516
My brave soul. I saw that date and promptly went to the week after because I got scared lmao.