Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I can't speak to the adcoms but I can tell you what we discussed in our orientation as interviewers given by Dr. Cavalieri, our assistant Dean of admissions. They're looking for people who have a well thought out desire to pursue medicine, someone who is altruistic(demonstrated through non-medical volunteering), maturity/professionalism, proven academic record(yes stats matter), good interpersonal skills, somebody that would make Creighton a better place; the usual stuff any med school would look for. Service is very important here. For example, it's harder to get a volunteer spot for our free clinic than it is to pass class lol. As an interviewer, I am looking for laid back and nice people(ie it's okay to try your best in school but don't be annoying about it) that are willing to contribute to the collaborative and fun class culture we have here.As a student interviewer, what does the admissions committee look for in applicants? Just saw that people were getting interviews here today and now I'm getting worried lol.