2021-2022 Duke

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
They are giving us a week to decide
The letter I got yesterday made it sound like we have until May 10th to pay the $100 tuition deposit, but we have until the regular June 15th CTE deadline to make a final decision.

Either way, I’m hoping we’ll all hear from financial aid before the deposit is due next week. 🤞🏻 Congrats on your acceptance!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
To those accepted off the WL, congratulations! Was wondering if you sent any letters of interest post interview day or if there are any of you who didn’t, but still got off the WL. thank you!

Members don't see this ad :)
Wondering the same thing! Do you all think that waitlist movement is over?
The posts in the help me decide threads have some really strong other offers, also people could still get off waitlists for other schools. I think unfortunately this was probably the largest wave but there hopefully might still be some smaller movement in the next few weeks! (I do think we would have to wait until at least May 11th, although I would love for them call me today and prove me wrong lmao)

Last edited:
  • Love
There is still only ~80 people in the committee GroupMe so might still be some movement!

• Care
  • Love
Reactions: 3 users
To those accepted off the WL, congratulations! Was wondering if you sent any letters of interest post interview day or if there are any of you who didn’t, but still got off the WL. thank you!
I sent a letter of intent and couple updates ( didn’t get off the waitlist though). Based on all the options in the help me forum looks like a lot of people didn’t send them ( duke prolly doesn’t care much about them).

Reactions: 1 users
In the past, waitlist acceptances we’re given out through the middle of May. Probably still some time

• Care
  • Love
Reactions: 3 users
Accepted off the waitlist today around 2pm est!

Reactions: 4 users
Accepted off the waitlist yesterday around 3pm! I missed the call and called back around 6pm. Got the letter this morning!

• Care
i'm kinda wanting to email/call to ask about what my realistic chances are of getting off the WL bc i'll need to start looking for jobs/places to live where i'll have to commit for a yr if i don't matriculate here... could asking about my WL spot/chances be a negative thing at this point?

• Care
i'm kinda wanting to email/call to ask about what my realistic chances are of getting off the WL bc i'll need to start looking for jobs/places to live where i'll have to commit for a yr if i don't matriculate here... could asking about my WL spot/chances be a negative thing at this point?
I think it’s fair to ask cause I would definitely try to plan for next year. I’m basically treating the situation as if I won’t get off the waitlist because then I’ll be prepared 🙈

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Accepted off the waitlist yesterday around 3pm! I missed the call and called back around 6pm. Got the letter this morning!
Congratulations! Do you know if they'll award you your scholarship/financial aid package before you have to make a decision?

• Hmm
Congratulations! Do you know if they'll award you your scholarship/financial aid package before you have to make a decision?
I have no clue when I'll hear about that, but I was given 1 week to make my decision.

• Care
Any chance we can get an update on the groupme numbers? Curious to see if there is still some space left.

Does the GroupMe only have people who have committed or is it also people who have been accepted?
Committed only. For every 1 person self-declaring commited I want to say theres 4 accepted because the accepted FB group is growing much faster than the groupme.

Anyone who got off the waitlist hear from financial aid yet? I was told we would hear back before we have to make a decision but my deadline is approaching...

Last edited:
Withdrew my A from the waitlist. Hope it goes to someone else soon!

• Care
Reactions: 5 users
Just got the A off the waitlist around 10 minutes ago! Surprised me at the gym and nearly gave me a heart attack XD

• Love
Does anyone know if the class is currently full? I just tried calling the Admissions Office but they are working remotely and only taking emails.

Does anyone know if the class is currently full? I just tried calling the Admissions Office but they are working remotely and only taking emails.
Not sure if I understand correctly - as in do they have a full class of "Committed" students? No one knows that, just conjecture from groupme membership counts. Although surely not. A from WL offers take time - students need to get fin aid, maybe negotiate, etc. Other Duke students will take other offers from schools they are WL'd by (until the CTE date), making more room etc. Things will continue to shuffle for the next couple of weeks and then it'll really die out.

Is there a link for the GroupMe for accepted students that haven’t committed?

If a group me link goes up on sdn a bunch of sdn randos are gonna join 😂 fake it till u make it

Can someone let me know what the groupme for accepted students is? I’m struggling to find it 🙈

Replying I guess because it doesn't seem like any other accepted students come on here anymore. It's at 93.

EDIT: 102

Last edited:
do we think movement is over?
Probably yeah the class seems full. At this point its just gonna be based on whether that last few who were accepted decide to commit or not.

For those who got off the waitlist, how long did they take to email you the official information? I got the call about 40 minutes ago

it takes till about the end of the day

Any admitted PCLT students? I am wondering if this program is more difficult to get into because of the small class size, the website seems to show about 8-10 students per classn but maybe there are less applicants? Is it better to apply now or after first year if admitted? The website says that it is possible to apply during M1. Also, is this program binding? Any other details/experiences also greatly appreciated

Does anyone know if Duke med is pass/fail without internal rank for pre-clinical, and whether it's pass/fail for clerkships too now (I heard they were considering making clinicals pass/fail last year- what happened with that?)

Does anyone know if Duke med is pass/fail without internal rank for pre-clinical, and whether it's pass/fail for clerkships too now (I heard they were considering making clinicals pass/fail last year- what happened with that?)
@allseasons, haven't you made a final commitment to a school by now?

• Hmm
@allseasons, haven't you made a final commitment to a school by now?
yup, I go to a school with clinicals pass/fail no internal rank. There's only 5 schools in the country (that I know of) that do that as of 2021-22, but during my interviews Duke and Vanderbilt mentioned that they were considering making that same move. I was wondering whether that ultimately ended up passing. Still have some friends applying rn and they wanted to go to a school with pass/fail clinicals, which triggered my curiosity.