You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2021-2022 Duke
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Post II R received. Best of luck everyone!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
jamminsalmon96
New Member
Just received waitlist email 1:50 CST. Was waitlisted last year too rip
WeenieBeenie
Full Member
Just got rejected :/ ouchie
Mr. Scooty
Full Member
Ah I feel u on this 🙁 also a duke alum and was waitlistedWaitlisted :/. OOS but Duke alumn and longtime NC resident, so this is definitely disappointing. Congrats to everyone who got in!
Post-II R … oh well
D
deleted555445
Caught the post-II R as well, was great to compete with all you awesome people!
lieseldiesel
Full Member
Nope!did anyone who DIDNOT interview received their official R notice yet
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
also WL yesterday. For those on the WL, are you seeing Duke in the CYMS tool on AMCAS?
Throwawayaccount777
Full Member
Thank you for emailing!Emailed admissions and they said we should get news on waitlist movement closer to April 30th!
kronkron
Full Member
negativealso WL yesterday. For those on the WL, are you seeing Duke in the CYMS tool on AMCAS?
Mine showed up todayalso WL yesterday. For those on the WL, are you seeing Duke in the CYMS tool on AMCAS?
D
deleted1074206
Anyone know when they send out merit scholarship offers
MedSchoolHopeful2026
Full Member
When do they send out Rs, I’m pretty sure they are done interviewing and just want to cross out this last dream school off my excel doc. Congrats to all you lucky folks that got in!
I didn't receive an interview as well. I read up and it says if you're not chosen for interview, you won't hear from Duke until the end of admission cycle. So I'm assuming this is around June since movement off the wait-list can happen anytime until close to matriculation. Also congrats to those who got in!
plaguedoctor23
Full Member
To add on to this...does anyone know if Duke matches merit scholarships from other schools?Anyone know when they send out merit scholarship offers
I heard they do, I know someone that did that last year.To add on to this...does anyone know if Duke matches merit scholarships from other schools?
plaguedoctor23
Full Member
thank u for the info!I heard they do, I know someone that did that last year.
II are most likely done done right?
downwardbound26
Full Member
Yes. The last interview date was earlier this month.II are most likely done done right?
mango984627
New Member
Wanted to follow up on this. I was advised to just follow the AMCAS April deadlines for narrowing down school choices and planning to enroll by April 30. It also looks like the tuition deposit is due on April 30.I just emailed Admissions about this/anything else we might need to do to "hold our spot," so I can let you know what they say!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
purplemed33
Full Member
Has anyone heard anything about Second Look or the Student Faculty show?
downwardbound26
Full Member
I was told that Second Look is April 8-9 and will be virtualHas anyone heard anything about Second Look or the Student Faculty show?
D
deleted1074206
The faculty member who called me said that there will be an in person and virtual option for second lookHas anyone heard anything about Second Look or the Student Faculty show?
dapancake
Full Member
i was told april 1st-3rd on my acceptance call 🤔I was told that Second Look is April 8-9 and will be virtual
downwardbound26
Full Member
It seems like everyone was told something different on the acceptance call. I guess we'll find out soon!i was told april 1st-3rd on my acceptance call 🤔
dapancake
Full Member
seems the faculty are just as confused as us🤣🤣It seems like everyone was told something different on the acceptance call. I guess we'll find out soon!
Email today said April 1st - 3rdIt seems like everyone was told something different on the acceptance call. I guess we'll find out soon!
Why does that matter? I agree that it's rude, but as you know from participation in this forum, they have already rejected everyone post-II who did not receive an A or WL. What lingering doubt do you have regarding the fate of everyone who did not receive an II, now that they are done, done, done interviewing? What if they never send anything out? Will you still be clinging to hope? 🙂It’s almost the end of February and Duke hasnt notified any of the students that are being rejected formally (the ones who didn’t interview ) —-
When will they send out to those who didn’t interview their official rejection notice —
TLDR: They are dicks. They should have sent out pre-II Rs either after they conducted their last interview, when they sent out their post-II decisions, or, better yet, at any point during the cycle once they made a decision on a particular file. They didn't. Get over it. Move on.
I spent a lot of time putting together my application and their secondary took the most effort—the least they can do is acknowledge my application and send me a formal rejection —it’s called manners—and clearly that’s something you also lack —Why does that matter? I agree that it's rude, but as you know from participation in this forum, they have already rejected everyone post-II who did not receive an A or WL. What lingering doubt do you have regarding the fate of everyone who did not receive an II, now that they are done, done, done interviewing? What if they never send anything out? Will you still be clinging to hope? 🙂
TLDR: They are dicks. They should have sent out pre-II Rs either after they conducted their last interview, when they sent out their post-II decisions, or, better yet, at any point during the cycle once they made a decision on a particular file. They didn't. Get over it. Move on.
My frustration is warranted and I am entitled to feel how I want if you don’t like it take your advice and move along past my post 🙂
Please note: If you are not offered an interview at DukeMed you will not receive any further correspondence from our office until the end of the admissions cycle. Please monitor any updates in the status of your application by logging into the admissions website sign in page.
This is from their supplemental application email. End of the admission cycle is probably after the waitlist gets settled. Assumption would be around May or June.
This is from their supplemental application email. End of the admission cycle is probably after the waitlist gets settled. Assumption would be around May or June.
sleepymed99
Full Member
+1I did not receive an email, but my portal was updated (with a Pre-II R). Congratulations to everyone who received an A though!
Pre II R here. Portal update
D
deleted1074206
Anyone know if they match merit scholarships at similarly ranked peer institutions? Duke is my top school but hard to pass up the money
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
No risk in sending them an email and asking!Anyone know if they match merit scholarships at similarly ranked peer institutions? Duke is my top school but hard to pass up the money
I just received an email from the financial aid office letting me know that they have received all required documents for my financial aid application and that they hope to send out award notifications next week.Has Duke released scholarships or aid information yet? Does anyone know when to expect that?
Are clinicals at duke graded P/F or H/HP/P/F or ?
plaguedoctor23
Full Member
2nd year P/F 4th year H/HP/P/F according to dukemd IGAre clinicals at duke graded P/F or H/HP/P/F or ?
Similar threads
- Replies
- 35
- Views
- 11K