2021-2022 Duke

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does anyone know how long the waitlist at Duke is? And if they admit ppl?

Members don't see this ad.

Waitlist is 100-125 and historically they take around 20.

Reactions: 3 users
Just got the post II R. Hopefully third time applying will be the charm!

• Care
Reactions: 9 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Post-II R. Congrats to everyone accepted and best wishes for those on the WL!

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
Also caught the post-II R.

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
WL, oh well, I was expecting it! I was surprised I got a II in the first place considering my MCAT :) Good luck, hopefully there's movement!

Reactions: 1 user
Waitlisted :/. OOS but Duke alumn and longtime NC resident, so this is definitely disappointing. Congrats to everyone who got in!
Ah I feel u on this :( also a duke alum and was waitlisted

• Care
Caught the post-II R as well, was great to compete with all you awesome people!

• Care
Reactions: 6 users
WL, honestly surprised was sure it would be an R. sad to see some of my favorite people from this thread go, don't know how I'll survive the never ending waiting without you guys

• Care
Members don't see this ad :)
did anyone who DIDNOT interview received their official R notice yet

Emailed admissions and they said we should get news on waitlist movement closer to April 30th!

• Wow
Anyone know when they send out merit scholarship offers

Reactions: 2 users
When do they send out Rs, I’m pretty sure they are done interviewing and just want to cross out this last dream school off my excel doc. Congrats to all you lucky folks that got in!

I didn't receive an interview as well. I read up and it says if you're not chosen for interview, you won't hear from Duke until the end of admission cycle. So I'm assuming this is around June since movement off the wait-list can happen anytime until close to matriculation. Also congrats to those who got in!

To those who don’t know, I emailed again about update letters. They replied that they accept update emails / interest emails from WL!

Reactions: 2 users
I just emailed Admissions about this/anything else we might need to do to "hold our spot," so I can let you know what they say!
Wanted to follow up on this. I was advised to just follow the AMCAS April deadlines for narrowing down school choices and planning to enroll by April 30. It also looks like the tuition deposit is due on April 30.

Hi guys! I saw that last year's GroupMe was student created, so I am making one. Feel free to send me your name or phone number to be added :)

Has anyone heard anything about Second Look or the Student Faculty show?

It’s almost the end of February and Duke hasnt notified any of the students that are being rejected formally (the ones who didn’t interview ) —-

When will they send out to those who didn’t interview their official rejection notice —

It’s almost the end of February and Duke hasnt notified any of the students that are being rejected formally (the ones who didn’t interview ) —-

When will they send out to those who didn’t interview their official rejection notice —
Why does that matter? I agree that it's rude, but as you know from participation in this forum, they have already rejected everyone post-II who did not receive an A or WL. What lingering doubt do you have regarding the fate of everyone who did not receive an II, now that they are done, done, done interviewing? What if they never send anything out? Will you still be clinging to hope? :)

TLDR: They are dicks. They should have sent out pre-II Rs either after they conducted their last interview, when they sent out their post-II decisions, or, better yet, at any point during the cycle once they made a decision on a particular file. They didn't. Get over it. Move on.

• Dislike
Why does that matter? I agree that it's rude, but as you know from participation in this forum, they have already rejected everyone post-II who did not receive an A or WL. What lingering doubt do you have regarding the fate of everyone who did not receive an II, now that they are done, done, done interviewing? What if they never send anything out? Will you still be clinging to hope? :)

TLDR: They are dicks. They should have sent out pre-II Rs either after they conducted their last interview, when they sent out their post-II decisions, or, better yet, at any point during the cycle once they made a decision on a particular file. They didn't. Get over it. Move on.
I spent a lot of time putting together my application and their secondary took the most effort—the least they can do is acknowledge my application and send me a formal rejection —it’s called manners—and clearly that’s something you also lack —

My frustration is warranted and I am entitled to feel how I want if you don’t like it take your advice and move along past my post :)

• Okay...
Reactions: 10 users
Please note: If you are not offered an interview at DukeMed you will not receive any further correspondence from our office until the end of the admissions cycle. Please monitor any updates in the status of your application by logging into the admissions website sign in page.

This is from their supplemental application email. End of the admission cycle is probably after the waitlist gets settled. Assumption would be around May or June.

I did not receive an email, but my portal was updated (with a Pre-II R). Congratulations to everyone who received an A though!

Anyone know if they match merit scholarships at similarly ranked peer institutions? Duke is my top school but hard to pass up the money

Anyone know if they match merit scholarships at similarly ranked peer institutions? Duke is my top school but hard to pass up the money
No risk in sending them an email and asking!

Has Duke released scholarships or aid information yet? Does anyone know when to expect that?

Has Duke released scholarships or aid information yet? Does anyone know when to expect that?
I just received an email from the financial aid office letting me know that they have received all required documents for my financial aid application and that they hope to send out award notifications next week.