2022-2023 Duke

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
bumping this. did you end up emailing them?
That's what I did and they responded with an acknowledgement

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Out of curiosity if anyone knows, but when can (if Duke allows) we contact Duke about our application to improve it for next time? I was WL and was hoping they might offer some insight.

Out of curiosity if anyone knows, but when can (if Duke allows) we contact Duke about our application to improve it for next time? I was WL and was hoping they might offer some insight.

I guess after their decisions about the WL offers will be better. Hope you get your WL moved to A.

Members don't see this ad :)
I was fortunate enough to receive 25% tuition. Anyone know how willing Duke is to negotiate scholarships?
When I emailed, they said they don’t match other merit based offers. Was yours merit based or need based and when did you receive it? thanks!

When I emailed, they said they don’t match other merit based offers. Was yours merit based or need based and when did you receive it? thanks!
I want to say it's merit based, based on the letter I received.

I haven't gotten need-based scholarship emails with the same wording, but there's no explicit "this is merit aid."

I received my financial aid package this week and it was very generous. I come from a middle-upper income family so wasn't expecting to be given much, but it really surpassed my expectations. I'm just one person, but maybe take that into account if you are worrying about your aid packages.
How generous? If you don’t me asking you to share.

If possible, I was wondering if any admitted applicants could maybe give a general idea on how many ppl are in the accepted group me? or if people have dropped out from it since April 15th? just trying to get a sense of if there will actually be WL movement

Members don't see this ad :)
If possible, I was wondering if any admitted applicants could maybe give a general idea on how many ppl are in the accepted group me? or if people have dropped out from it since April 15th? just trying to get a sense of if there will actually be WL movement

Yes all schools accept more than the # of seats . They can approximate their yield . Duke accepted around 250
Oh wow, does that mean more than 130 students have to decline the acceptance in order for the waitlist to be "activated"?

thank you for the quick response, by the way!

Does anyone know if Duke accepts letters of intent (for those who are on the WL)?
Hey I think they do! I sent one in a while ago, and they responded by saying something along the lines of thank you and we made note of your update.

I know I already asked about this once a week ago, but anyone have updated numbers for the Facebook, accepted GroupMe, and committed GroupMe?

I know I already asked about this once a week ago, but anyone have updated numbers for the Facebook, accepted GroupMe, and committed GroupMe?

Hi - I can understand your question. Don’t have the answer. But I also wonder if movement or not in those groups is a true reflection of decisions at this stage.

Does anyone accepted off WL see any changes in Duke's secondary portal or choose your medical school yet?

Hi all, received a call from Dr. Yee earlier today around 2:29 PM EST and called him back at 4:42 PM EST. Was on 3 waitlists with no offers, so I'm really excited!! Truly, truly unreal. The portal just updated around 20 minutes ago as well around 5:47 PM EST, but still no email. I don't need to wait for the email right?
If you got a portal update and a missed call earlier, you’re good. You should see it in AMCAS now too. Congrats!

Committed groupme numbers?
I got a dm yesterday at 3:13 est, that it was 102 just for anyone else who is wanting to know

seems like there'll be less WL movement this year than last year. Last year, we were in the 80s at this point, and only hit 102 on May 19th :(

I got a dm yesterday at 3:13 est, that it was 102 just for anyone else who is wanting to know

seems like there'll be less WL movement this year than last year. Last year, we were in the 80s at this point, and only hit 102 on May 19th :(
At 98 now

Reactions: 1 users
An update for everyone on the waitlist: I saw that over the weekend (and today) the accepted fb group went up from 188 to 191 so I'm guessing 3-4 more spots have been filled very recently

Last edited:
Dumb question, but if I've selected PTE but got off the waitlist at another school and want to consider it, do I need to notify the school that I selected as PTE that I received another acceptance? I've deep-dived into the AAMC traffic rules but can't find anything on what's the appropriate course of action. Thanks!

Dumb question, but if I've selected PTE but got off the waitlist at another school and want to consider it, do I need to notify the school that I selected as PTE that I received another acceptance? I've deep-dived into the AAMC traffic rules but can't find anything on what's the appropriate course of action. Thanks!
Also couldn't find an answer. I notified the pte school after I got off WL just in case because I didn't want to risk violating the rules and losing my acceptances!

I just got a phone call! California area code (Dr. Yee is on vacation apparently).

Reactions: 1 users
No, you just need to follow AAMC traffic rules. I believe its 5 days to decide.

Hey all, I have a question. I was waitlisted here, and this is my top choice. I sent a letter of intent immediately after being waitlisted (end of February). I am accepted elsewhere. Would it be okay to send one last update/letter of intent? Would it be okay to briefly include my activities over the past year as well? Is waitlist movement likely completed? Thank you in advance for your advice.

Hey all, I have a question. I was waitlisted here, and this is my top choice. I sent a letter of intent immediately after being waitlisted (end of February). I am accepted elsewhere. Would it be okay to send one last update/letter of intent? Would it be okay to briefly include my activities over the past year as well? Is waitlist movement likely completed? Thank you in advance for your advice.
You have nothing to lose so I would say yes

An update for everyone on the waitlist: I saw that over the weekend (and today) the accepted fb group went up from 188 to 191 so I'm guessing 3-4 more spots have been filled very recently
FB is now at 186, whatever that means lol