2022-2023 Tennessee

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
II! Got the email today at 2:55 CST. IS. ORM. Complete 7/18.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 4 users
Just got the phone call for an A!!

Interviewed 10/17
In-state re-applicant

Good luck everyone, and hopefully you will get the call too!!

Just got the phone call as well!! Dr Fulton was so nice!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Just got the phone call as well!! Dr Fulton was so nice!!
Also got the A today! Dr. Fulton called me. Did he mention something to you about a personal URL to access something? I was not sure what he was speaking of haha.

Reactions: 3 users
Yep he did! He Said either we already had one, or it would be emailed to us.

Awesome! Did you already have yours? He seemed surprised when I didn't know what he spoke of.
I did, but I got one last cycle, (I’m a re-applicant after being waitlisted). So, I asked him if the link was the same one as last year, and Dr.Fulton said yes.

Once I found that link again, it had my updated status! Hope this helps!

Also, it should be something like “www.futuredoctor(your name)”, at least that is what mine is!

For people that interviewed, what time was the interview? I can't find anything on the applicant portal with timing.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
II this am! Completed the last week of July!

I got an email saying I was waitlisted less than a week after my interview. Last cycle it seems that waitlists and rejections were normally sent many weeks after an interview. Does anyone know if thats a good thing it was so soon, I am OOS as well. Also does anyone know if there is waitlist movement in the fall or only in May.

II this afternoon also. IS LM 75 complete 8/9

For anyone that has interviewed already, are the interviews open or closed filed?

For anyone that has interviewed already, are the interviews open or closed filed?
2 interviews. One interview was completely open file and the other was partially open, I think (no mention of stats but did refer to my PS). Super relaxed interviews in my opinion and they called back with a decision for me in less than a week! Good luck!

For anyone that has already interviewed, how helpful was the Admissions Ambassadors/student panel and about how long did it last?

Does the interview only take the morning? I am trying to determine my work schedule

Received an email today that appears as if I was invited to submit a secondary, but I submitted my secondary back in July. I initially thought the email could be an II, but when I logged back into the portal, it appeared as if I hadn't submitted my secondary! I did not receive a complete email, but I've logged back into the portal multiple times since July just to check to see if there were any updates there.

I emailed admissions, but I imagine this was some kind of glitch in the system. Will update here if anything changes.

To those of you who have been accepted, congratulations, and to the rest of us, good luck!

Did everyone get an email saying you’re under review?

Reactions: 6 users
Did everyone get an email saying you’re under review?
I saw I got an email from them and literally had a whole self-talk about how whatever decision it is, I will be okay....and then I open it to see its just an update to say I'm under review.......this process is absolutely brutal

Accepted yesterday via phone call at 8 p.m. EST! Interviewed 12/5. IS LM 75. So excited for this opportunity!

Reactions: 1 users
Got the call for an acceptance today! OOS interviewed 12/12. So excited!!!

Late reply, but got the acceptance call Monday 11am CST. Interviewed 12/14. IS. Best Christmas present one could ask for?

Hi! I just published a conversation I had with the Assistant Dean of Admissions at UTHSC on my podcast All Access: Med School Admissions. I think you might find it helpful if you're interested in this this school!

Hi! I just published a conversation I had with the Assistant Dean of Admissions at UTHSC on my podcast All Access: Med School Admissions. I think you might find it helpful if you're interested in this this school!
great podcast! it made me more passionate about attending this school. if only they would send me an interview

II received on 1/4. IS with LM 70. Submitted secondary in mid-July.

ii 1/18 @ 3:00 PM CST. LM 74, IS, secondary submitted mid-July

I submitted my secondary the first week of august. Do we think I was too late? I'm IS and love the school but haven't heard a single thing.

Until when does UT interview? What do you guys think about interest/ intent letters pre interview?

Just got my A from interviewing last week!

Also yeah doesn’t hurt to send in a letter now if UT is a top choice