2022-2023 Tennessee

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
has anyone been accepted off the alternate list yet? or do we think that won’t start moving until may?

Members don't see this ad.

can anyone explain how long the interviews are? my email says morning and afternoon sessions and its like 2 hours each. Is that how long they are?

Members don't see this ad :)
can anyone explain how long the interviews are? my email says morning and afternoon sessions and its like 2 hours each. Is that how long they are?
interviews are only thirty minutes each, but you don't know which thirty minutes within the two hours until day of. There's a lot of downtime!

Reactions: 1 user
Mine were around 30 minutes each. Some people have morning interviews while others have afternoon ones. Mine were both morning and I was able to leave after the wrap up.

interviews are only thirty minutes each, but you don't know which thirty minutes within the two hours until day of. There's a lot of downtime!
oh thank you! that's good to know. I was starting to get concerned over super long interviews and what they could possibly ask with so much time. Were they scripted or mainly just get-to-know-you types of questions?

placed on alternate list, interviewed last week. time to hurry up and wait I suppose

When do people start getting pulled off of the alternate list?

Just got an interview invite this morning! FREAKING OUT JUST A BIT
I interviewed last cycle so hopefully this time will be it.

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
Just got an interview invite this morning! FREAKING OUT JUST A BIT
I interviewed last cycle so hopefully this time will be it.
Congrats!! I had no idea they were still sending II. How far out are they scheduling them, if you know?

Members don't see this ad :)
Just got the alternate list email 😥. How likely are acceptances from the list?

Just got the alternate list email 😥. How likely are acceptances from the list?
I wonder if these later interviews are specifically for the alternate list? Or are people getting accepted too?

I wonder if these later interviews are specifically for the alternate list? Or are people getting accepted too?
Yeah they are full right now. Expect movement when people narrow their acceptances.

Alternate list for me, which is what I was anticipating. Hoping for some good luck in the next weeks!

Interview invite yesterday at 7pm, will not be attending due to acceptances elsewhere, goodluck all!

Reactions: 1 users
Just withdraw my A. Good luck lads and lasses🫡

Did anyone else on the alternate list just get an email about an advising appointment for reapplying next year? Wondering if this was sent to everyone or if this was a soft R... :(

Did anyone else on the alternate list just get an email about an advising appointment for reapplying next year? Wondering if this was sent to everyone or if this was a soft R... :(
+1, doubt it means anything as far as admissions decision (i hope)

+2 was thinking it might be a soft R as well but might as well to get ready for the next cycle in case 😔

+2 was thinking it might be a soft R as well but might as well to get ready for the next cycle in case 😔
It doesn't mean anything. I know someone that did it and a day or two after they did the advising appointment they were accepted.

Reactions: 1 users
Ok same here omg!! I just wanna know can I be excited or is this a glitch?!

In the waitlist support thread, an adcom reported today that there has been a glitch in the CYMS tool that is causing delays in waitlist decisions. However, I’m not sure if what you’re describing is related to this or not, but I just wanted to let you know. Hoping that you two actually got the acceptance though!!!

• Care
In the waitlist support thread, an adcom reported today that there has been a glitch in the CYMS tool that is causing delays in waitlist decisions. However, I’m not sure if what you’re describing is related to this or not, but I just wanted to let you know. Hoping that you two actually got the acceptance though!!!
That's why I'm concerned 😂😭 I want to celebrate but I don't want to be heartbroken if I got too excited about it and it turned out to be wrong

not to get your hopes up more but mine still says “alternate list” so that makes me think it’s not a glitch, or at least not system-wide

• Care
not to get your hopes up more but mine still says “alternate list” so that makes me think it’s not a glitch, or at least not system-wide
Is there under the choose your medical school tab? I'm assuming you have to have at least 1 acceptance already to view this

Is there under the choose your medical school tab? I'm assuming you have to have at least 1 acceptance already to view this
This was my first and it wasn't available to me until tonight. I also saw that it shows the acceptance on their application portal. If you got that email about the advising appointment last week there's a link in there to your personal page and that also said accepted which I trust more than the CYMS given all the issues