2021-2022 Emory

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does emory only take students off the waitlist in June? My school’s commit to enroll deadline (where you have to withdraw from all waitlists) is June 6 at noon, so I wonder if it’s even worth completing that interest essay for Emory’s waitlist if they only take off students in June.

Members don't see this ad.

Does emory only take students off the waitlist in June? My school’s commit to enroll deadline (where you have to withdraw from all waitlists) is June 6 at noon, so I wonder if it’s even worth completing that interest essay for Emory’s waitlist if they only take off students in June.
How do you know if you have been waitlisted?

• Hmm
Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone received an acceptance letter in the mail before having their portal updated? How long did it take for your portal to be updated? For those who have been accepted or waitlisted, is your CYMS tool updated to reflect this? How long did it take to update? Thanks!

Has anyone received an acceptance letter in the mail before having their portal updated? How long did it take for your portal to be updated? For those who have been accepted or waitlisted, is your CYMS tool updated to reflect this? How long did it take to update? Thanks!
Emory showed up on my CYMS the day after my portal updated.

anyone know when they notify people about woodruff/if they have already?

Offered alternate status does anyone know how likely it is to be accepted from alternate status?

Emory has very low to no WL movement. They even explicitly tell you that their class is entirely full already.

If you’re still interested fill out the essay question and confirm you spot on the WL. But I wouldn’t try to get your hopes too high

Last edited:
I think their FAQ said that a few or up to 30 people get off the alternate list. Maybe last year was especially low

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Are you all actually using all 1000 words to write the essay for the alternate list? 1000 words a bit excessive...

Are you all actually using all 1000 words to write the essay for the alternate list? 1000 words a bit excessive...
I'm not, lol. That's way too much. Plus we already wrote them one "Why Emory" essay in the secondary--it's a real struggle to write a second one, let alone one that is 1000 words!

how many people are actually accepting their place on the "alternate" list?

how many people are generally offered a WL and how many actually accept it?

Has anyone received their financial aid package yet?

Rip to having an early CTE deadline (Monday June 6 noon EST) at the school I’m planning to go to next year. Msar posted the 2023 waitlist procedures report https://students-residents.aamc.org/media/7056/download

Emory had 0 acceptances from the waitlist, so is this basically a soft rejection? If waitlist movement doesn’t occur until June it seems emory only uses the waitlist for people who withdraw after getting off other schools’ waitlists in June.

Rip to having an early CTE deadline (Monday June 6 noon EST) at the school I’m planning to go to next year. Msar posted the 2023 waitlist procedures report https://students-residents.aamc.org/media/7056/download

Emory had 0 acceptances from the waitlist, so is this basically a soft rejection? If waitlist movement doesn’t occur until June it seems emory only uses the waitlist for people who withdraw after getting off other schools’ waitlists in June.
Not sure if it's a soft rejection. Looks like a couple of other schools on the list also have "0" or "varies" so I'm guessing it's a general response if the school doesn't have an average number they can provide.

Why would they make us write a 1000 word essay if it was a soft rejection haha

Just withdrew my A here today. Good luck to all on the WL! :)

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
Is the PTE deadline on 4/30 or 5/2?? Some people are saying since 4/30 is a weekend day, the deadline falls to the next business day. Can anyone clarify?

Is the PTE deadline on 4/30 or 5/2?? Some people are saying since 4/30 is a weekend day, the deadline falls to the next business day. Can anyone clarify?
May 2 this year!

I just gave up my A here this weekend. Hope it goes to one of you on the WL!

Reactions: 4 users
Does anyone know why they said waitlist movement typically happens in June? Most schools already have waitlist movement started.

Hi, greetings. I have a request to those who attend Emory medical school or who have more knowledge about the school. Planning to apply this cycle with a clear focus on getting into some specialization within pediatrics, can you guys provide some information about this school’s curriculum, facilities, anything unique about this school and the residency at their children’s hospital? Basically I request this information to write “why us?” essay. Thank you in advance.

• Angry
Hi, greetings. I have a request to those who attend Emory medical school or who have more knowledge about the school. Planning to apply this cycle with a clear focus on getting into some specialization within pediatrics, can you guys provide some information about this school’s curriculum, facilities, anything unique about this school and the residency at their children’s hospital? Basically I request this information to write “why us?” essay. Thank you in advance.
I would do research on the school using their website to get this information

Does anyone know why they said waitlist movement typically happens in June? Most schools already have waitlist movement started.
It seems emory only uses the waitlist if people in their class got offered spots on other schools’ waitlist which is why there is so little movement so late :(

Does anyone know if Emory still accepts application updates?
I don't think they accept anything on their portal anymore. I'm sure you could ask the admissions committee if they would accept something via email - that being said, I'm not sure if an update would significantly change their stance on a student, especially as we get closer to their waitlist timeline...

2 people left the GroupMe on Friday and 1 joined today, so there is a limited amount of movement occurring.

Ahh...thanks for the update. I hope that there is even more movement in the near future

Emory responded to my email on Tuesday: I am sorry, but the class is still holding at slightly more than class size. Until some of those currently holding an acceptance withdraw (or defer) admission, the Committee will not be able to go the Alternate Group. It is unlikely that will happen before June 6th (my CTE for my current school)

I wonder how often people withdraw or defer admission at this point.

Reactions: 2 users
I feel like CTE for a lot of schools is coming up soon, so if anything next week or so should be the most movement we'll see, if any. Possibly around first week of July if a students choose not to commit to Emory. Just more waiting...

I feel like CTE for a lot of schools is coming up soon, so if anything next week or so should be the most movement we'll see, if any. Possibly around first week of July if a students choose not to commit to Emory. Just more waiting...
Is there a place we can see the CTE for other schools?

I had to withdraw from emory on June 6 due to my other schools CTE deadline that day, but Emory said there has been no alternate list movement by that point.

Last edited: