2022-2023 Emory

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Did anyone’s portal update? Mine doesn’t show anything. Feeling very devastated because I have very strong ties to Emory and my interview went great so idk what I did wrong.
Nothing either :-( does a new tab show up if accepted?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
What are the odds you think this last round of acceptances in March will throw some hail marys to some of us waiting from previous interview months??? Trying to remain hopeful

Reactions: 5 users
I'm in the same situation as you/have strong ties. It is what it is at this point. I guess we weren't what they were looking for. I'm sure you'll end up in another place that suits you just as well, if not better. Best of luck!
Did anyone’s portal update? Mine doesn’t show anything. Feeling very devastated because I have very strong ties to Emory and my interview went great so idk what I did wrong.

• Care
What are the odds you think this last round of acceptances in March will throw some hail marys to some of us waiting from previous interview months??? Trying to remain hopeful
I checked last years SDN thread and no one posted about getting in during March, but they also overaccepted last year so idk. I’m not going to get my hopes up.

I'm in the same situation as you/have strong ties. It is what it is at this point. I guess we weren't what they were looking for. I'm sure you'll end up in another place that suits you just as well, if not better. Best of luck!
Thanks, you too! I just hate that they got my hopes up because my interviewer literally said she’d never interviewed an applicant with as much experience at Grady as me. They spent all that time during the informational session talking about how Grady is at the center of their mission and to not come to their school unless you are ready to work hard at Grady and dedicate yourself to that patient population. Idk it’s just so frustrating. I guess having thousands of hours of clinical experience isn’t as important as research or something

• Care
Thanks, you too! I just hate that they got my hopes up because my interviewer literally said she’d never interviewed an applicant with as much experience at Grady as me. They spent all that time during the informational session talking about how Grady is at the center of their mission and to not come to their school unless you are ready to work hard at Grady and dedicate yourself to that patient population. Idk it’s just so frustrating. I guess having thousands of hours of clinical experience isn’t as important as research or something
If it makes you feel any better, I crafted a lot of my primary work and activities section to highlight work I've done in the community around Atlanta, including work with institutions closely affiliated with Emory and I'm still praying for an II :( I really hope everything works out for you, it seems like you're so committed to the area/community!

• Care
Yes, I don't think it has anything to do with research either. I have a good amount of research involvement, and I'm probably getting rejected at this point. I think it's just about whether we fit into what they want the class to be like.

It'll be all good - things work out the way they are supposed to and med admissions are random. At least you have two acceptances to other wonderful MD schools which not a lot of people have!

Reactions: 1 users
It'll be all good - things work out the way they are supposed to and med admissions are random. At least you have two acceptances to other wonderful MD schools which not a lot of people have!
Thank you everyone for the encouragement! After the initial blow of not getting an A I’ve come to look at it in a positive light. It will be good to get experience outside of Georgia and the Emory healthcare system. I do have an A to a great school and I’m starting to get more excited about going there because there are some things about the school and curriculum that I prefer over Emory. And by the time residency comes around, I’ll have more connections with different programs. Everything happens for a reason so for everyone who doesn’t get in, I’m sure great things are still to come for us! And maybe we’ll see each other at Emory for residency down the line

Reactions: 6 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Only like 6ish people reported getting As this round lol. I feel like there’s usually more??
The post-interview acceptance rate here is about 50 percent right? It's already been reported that the waitlist movement is minimal if any at all. If that's the case, they've either been accepting 50 percent of applicants post-interview at each release date or a lot of people are going have to get in on the March 6th release date so that they can reach their 50 percent post-ii acceptance rate without WL movement. What are people's thoughts on that? I interviewed in October and strongly praying for the latter scenario.

This was my first interview so been waiting since October lol.
The post-interview acceptance rate here is about 50 percent right? It's already been reported that the waitlist movement is minimal if any at all. If that's the case, they've either been accepting 50 percent of applicants post-interview at each release date or a lot of people are going have to get in on the March 6th release date so that they can reach their 50 percent post-ii acceptance rate without WL movement. What are people's thoughts on that? I interviewed in October and strongly praying for the latter scenario.
also interviewed in October and crickets.

• Care
I’m honestly not sure. I know with MCG they released a ton of acceptances on the last acceptance date, but based on past SDN threads, it looks like Emory accepted very few people in March and almost all of them were from the last interview date (I think there’s only one interview on the 27th after this past acceptance round). So that’s why I don’t want to get my hopes up. Maybe they accepted a greater % of people earlier on and that’s why fewer people got accepted recently, or they’re just not on SDN, or it could be that most people already have other As and aren’t as excited to post about more since they already know where they’re going

I’m honestly not sure. I know with MCG they released a ton of acceptances on the last acceptance date, but based on past SDN threads, it looks like Emory accepted very few people in March and almost all of them were from the last interview date (I think there’s only one interview on the 27th after this past acceptance round). So that’s why I don’t want to get my hopes up. Maybe they accepted a greater % of people earlier on and that’s why fewer people got accepted recently, or they’re just not on SDN, or it could be that most people already have other As and aren’t as excited to post about more since they already know where they’re going
Yeah those are all valid reasons. I guess speculation doesn’t change the end result, but I was just curious if people feel there’s a real shot of getting in on 6th after not hearing back for awhile. Either way best of luck to you, I hope you get the A, and congrats on your other acceptances!

Yeah those are all valid reasons. I guess speculation doesn’t change the end result, but I was just curious if people feel there’s a real shot of getting in on 6th after not hearing back for awhile. Either way best of luck to you, I hope you get the A, and congrats on your other acceptances!
I think there have been a couple people in the past who got in on the last acceptance date after not hearing back for a while, so we’ll see! It sure would be nice if there were more statistics available or if they were more transparent about how the selection process works. I hope you get the As you want as well <3

Pre-II R. Complete first week of Sept. Best of luck to everyone else!

Just got the pre-II R here as well. I appreciate that the email subject stated that their interview season had concluded. Wish other schools that string applicants along til the end worded it that way!

I didn’t get the R yet is it def coming? any hope?
pre-II R here as well! Since they stated in the email that their interview season is over, I'm guessing that it's an R unless you're waiting on a post-II decision from them. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news :(

Today is definitely the day for all preII rejections. Their email said interview season has ended. Sorry y’all (+ me lol)

Today is definitely the day for all preII rejections. Their email said interview season has ended. Sorry y’all (+ me lol)
The rest of us could be getting ghosted, there's always that possibility 🤡

• Care
The rest of us could be getting ghosted, there's always that possibility 🤡
Can confirm today was indeed the last interview. Wish everyone the best in their cycle. No matter which medical school you end up attending, I'm sure you all will make great physicians!

Just got a rejection email. Is this a soft R or am I being neurotic?

• Haha
Reactions: 8 users
Pre-II R and its my alma mater lol

• Care
Reactions: 6 users
Caught that “no more iis this cycle” pre-ii R lol

• Care
I feel like most of our application didn’t even get reviewed. 🥲

• Sad
Reactions: 7 users
There is something cathartic about these rejection letters…f*ck you emory but also finally thanks for the pre-II R

Reactions: 5 users