You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2021-2022 Emory
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
+2 third R today oofPre-II R just now
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Aye same here, it must be since its March 1 or something but I've also gotten 3 today+2 third R today oof
mbfuturedoctor2021
Full Member
+3Aye same here, it must be since its March 1 or something but I've also gotten 3 today
MotorLover
Full Member
+1 R. What a nice title for a rejection email.
potabletragedy
New Member
Pre-II R
Pre-II R 🙂
Anyone get the pre-II R and just receive the financial aid email? I wasn't ready for that at this time of day 😵
They got me to re-read my rejection smhAnyone get the pre-II R and just receive the financial aid email? I wasn't ready for that at this time of day 😵
MotorLover
Full Member
+1 Pre-II R with generous offer to apply for financial aid. Should I put this as a separate category on my Sankey diagram?
Abby520
New Member
+1, feel so disoriented 😂Anyone get the pre-II R and just receive the financial aid email? I wasn't ready for that at this time of day 😵
throwawayusername1
New Member
Emory got me wondering how to finance this rejection
throwawayusername1
New Member
“We are excited to learn of your application for admission!” Well you didn’t seem very excited about my application in that last email lmaoAnyone get the pre-II R and just receive the financial aid email? I wasn't ready for that at this time of day 😵
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
MotorLover
Full Member
dang that must mean you have a chance at heaven! the rest of us going straight to hellDid anyone not get the financial aid email?
Did everyone who got the email get an “EMPLID” (guessing it stands for Employee ID”? Why would they give this to us without accepting us 😭. When I was applying to college, my undergrad also sent me a similar financial aid application before acceptance but I ended up getting accepted there. Interviewed in November
Celia_Ardennes
New Member
Got the R 2 days ago and this morning got an email from financial aid saying they're "excited to learn of my application".....thaaaaankkksss......
I got a financial aid email when they received my FAFSA, but this was before I was accepted, even before I got interviewed. So I wouldn't read too much into this tbhDid everyone who got the email get an “EMPLID” (guessing it stands for Employee ID”? Why would they give this to us without accepting us 😭. When I was applying to college, my undergrad also sent me a similar financial aid application before acceptance but I ended up getting accepted there. Interviewed in November
Last edited:
According to the interview packet they sent us, everyone remains in consideration until the last batch of acceptances come out and they mailed out the last batch today.Has anyone received a post-II R? Or all the R's pre-II?
neverhaveiever28
Full Member
Did not realize the last batch was being sent out today. I’m soo nervous ahhh.
Me too I’m so nervous lolDid not realize the last batch was being sent out today. I’m soo nervous ahhh.
neverhaveiever28
Full Member
Good luckk!!!!Me too I’m so nervous lol
supposedly on the portal. did anyone get the A via multicultural affairs email this time around?Is Emory's decision supposed to come out today?
Last edited:
PaulishedGent
Full Member
My understanding is that they mail decisions on Monday and update the portal around noon on Wednesday. Good luck to all waiting!
nope 🙃Has anyone received anything or heard back?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
med10053
New Member
Nope nothing yetHas anyone received anything or heard back?
interviewed in jan and still have heard nothing, but that's interesting. where did you hear they were doing phone call acceptances from?I interviewed September and still haven’t heard back. Has anyone who interviewed after the February 21 acceptance wave heard back yet? Portals should have already updated but I also heard they were doing phone call acceptances last week.
I know someone who interviewed late feb and got an acceptance phone call last week.interviewed in jan and still have heard nothing, but that's interesting. where did you hear they were doing phone call acceptances from?
Does that mean they will not update the portals like they usually do?I interviewed basically during the last three interview days. They said they are not going to email us but send the acceptances via mail. And they said if they don’t get a response over a certain time, they call us to make sure we got the mail.
Was the person you know an MD or MD/PhD applicant?I know someone who interviewed late feb and got an acceptance phone call last week.
MD applicant!Was the person you know an MD or MD/PhD applicant?
Did they get a phone call because they didn’t receive a letter?MD applicant!
I think everyone who gets accepted does eventually receive a letter.Did they get a phone call because they didn’t receive a letter?
Got my letter a few days after my portal updatedI think everyone who gets accepted does eventually receive a letter.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
yes but it’s virtualis there a second look for emory?
med10053
New Member
They might not, at least that’s how they made it sound to usDoes that mean they will not update the portals like they usually do?
I also interviewed in that time frame. They said that they would send acceptances by mail on March 7th, but they were pretty clear that portals would also be updated on Wed March 9. If your portal does not show acceptance, than you are waiting to hear about WL vs. post-ii rejection later this month.They might not, at least that’s how they made it sound to us
Last edited:
I don't want to bring your hopes down! But purely in the interest of being realistic: Emory has always updated portals on Wednesdays, and that has been the case for every decision release this year as well as last year (haven't looked back farther than that). I also did not have a portal change so I'm disappointed too, but at this point you should be anticipating either WL or rejection, which they stated they would notify us of in mid-late March. Best of luck!Maybe the portal will update for people living farther away later? Idk 🙁