2021-2022 Emory

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
R

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
R. So much for “we will notify you as soon as there is a change to your application status”

• Sad
Reactions: 1 user
Anyone get the pre-II R and just receive the financial aid email? I wasn't ready for that at this time of day o_O

• Dislike
Reactions: 18 users
+1 Pre-II R with generous offer to apply for financial aid. Should I put this as a separate category on my Sankey diagram?

• Haha
Reactions: 11 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone get the pre-II R and just receive the financial aid email? I wasn't ready for that at this time of day o_O
“We are excited to learn of your application for admission!” Well you didn’t seem very excited about my application in that last email lmao

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 19 users
Did anyone not get the financial aid email?

Reactions: 3 users
Did everyone who got the email get an “EMPLID” (guessing it stands for Employee ID”? Why would they give this to us without accepting us 😭. When I was applying to college, my undergrad also sent me a similar financial aid application before acceptance but I ended up getting accepted there. Interviewed in November

Got the R 2 days ago and this morning got an email from financial aid saying they're "excited to learn of my application".....thaaaaankkksss......

Did everyone who got the email get an “EMPLID” (guessing it stands for Employee ID”? Why would they give this to us without accepting us 😭. When I was applying to college, my undergrad also sent me a similar financial aid application before acceptance but I ended up getting accepted there. Interviewed in November
I got a financial aid email when they received my FAFSA, but this was before I was accepted, even before I got interviewed. So I wouldn't read too much into this tbh

Last edited:
Has anyone received a post-II R? Or all the R's pre-II?

Has anyone received a post-II R? Or all the R's pre-II?
According to the interview packet they sent us, everyone remains in consideration until the last batch of acceptances come out and they mailed out the last batch today.

Did not realize the last batch was being sent out today. I’m soo nervous ahhh.

Is Emory's decision supposed to come out today?

Is Emory's decision supposed to come out today?
supposedly on the portal. did anyone get the A via multicultural affairs email this time around?

Last edited:
My understanding is that they mail decisions on Monday and update the portal around noon on Wednesday. Good luck to all waiting!

Reactions: 5 users
Has anyone received anything or heard back?

Reactions: 1 users
I interviewed September and still haven’t heard back. Has anyone who interviewed after the February 21 acceptance wave heard back yet? Portals should have already updated but I also heard they were doing phone call acceptances last week.

I interviewed September and still haven’t heard back. Has anyone who interviewed after the February 21 acceptance wave heard back yet? Portals should have already updated but I also heard they were doing phone call acceptances last week.
interviewed in jan and still have heard nothing, but that's interesting. where did you hear they were doing phone call acceptances from?

I interviewed basically during the last three interview days. They said they are not going to email us but send the acceptances via mail. And they said if they don’t get a response over a certain time, they call us to make sure we got the mail.

interviewed in jan and still have heard nothing, but that's interesting. where did you hear they were doing phone call acceptances from?
I know someone who interviewed late feb and got an acceptance phone call last week.

I interviewed basically during the last three interview days. They said they are not going to email us but send the acceptances via mail. And they said if they don’t get a response over a certain time, they call us to make sure we got the mail.
Does that mean they will not update the portals like they usually do?

• Hmm
Is it at all possible that decisions are delayed this time for whatever reason? Because it seems weird that they would just start calling people especially before the mail out date that they said at the interview.

Reactions: 1 users
Ok my friend who interviewed in late feb and got a phone call about her acceptance last week said her portal updated yesterday at 10 am est, so it seems like all the portals have already been updated!

• Sad
Reactions: 2 users
They might not, at least that’s how they made it sound to us
I also interviewed in that time frame. They said that they would send acceptances by mail on March 7th, but they were pretty clear that portals would also be updated on Wed March 9. If your portal does not show acceptance, than you are waiting to hear about WL vs. post-ii rejection later this month.

Last edited:
Maybe the portal will update for people living farther away later? Idk :(

• Care
Maybe the portal will update for people living farther away later? Idk :(
I don't want to bring your hopes down! But purely in the interest of being realistic: Emory has always updated portals on Wednesdays, and that has been the case for every decision release this year as well as last year (haven't looked back farther than that). I also did not have a portal change so I'm disappointed too, but at this point you should be anticipating either WL or rejection, which they stated they would notify us of in mid-late March. Best of luck!

Reactions: 5 users