You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2022-2023 Emory
Started by chilly_md
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
wack_barbie
Full Member
Has anyone heard about second look? Thanks in advance!
lcm.md.mom
Full Member
There was a post in the Facebook group about it. I guess it will be virtual this year.Has anyone heard about second look? Thanks in advance!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anyone know final decision release date?
hopefulfuturemed123
Full Member
The final decision release date is on the 6th. I believe the letters are being signed and mailed today though.
A Just now! 🙂 via an email from the Multicultural Affairs office, telling me I’ve been accepted and am invited to a second look! Interviewed Monday lol
letmeinpleaseee
Full Member
Just got an email from OPUS (financial aid) saying my account was set up, but I haven’t gotten an acceptance yet. Did anyone else get this?
engineerwannabedoctor
New Member
I just received an email that my "Emory School of Medicine record in OPUS has been created" and that "Financial aid awards are expected to be posted the first week of April for all accepted applicants with a complete financial aid application." But I haven't been accepted yet... anyone else?
publichealthqueen
New Member
Yes me tooI just received an email that my "Emory School of Medicine record in OPUS has been created" and that "Financial aid awards are expected to be posted the first week of April for all accepted applicants with a complete financial aid application." But I haven't been accepted yet... anyone else?
wannabeamedstudent
Full Member
+1I just received an email that my "Emory School of Medicine record in OPUS has been created" and that "Financial aid awards are expected to be posted the first week of April for all accepted applicants with a complete financial aid application." But I haven't been accepted yet... anyone else?
publichealthqueen
New Member
Y’all do we think this means we got in or is it a computer glitch
I logged into OPUS and it says student applicant ID 🫤I just received an email that my "Emory School of Medicine record in OPUS has been created" and that "Financial aid awards are expected to be posted the first week of April for all accepted applicants with a complete financial aid application." But I haven't been accepted yet... anyone else?
Ugh same. With how many people it is I’m guessing it doesn’t mean much lol
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Thanks for taking one for the team!Spoke with admissions staff. This letter was sent to everyone interviewed and still in the running.
medschoolapplicant1999
Full Member
Is this school true pass fail? If so which years?
That opus email breaking hearts 💔
Yeah I don’t understand why they didn’t wait another week and send it to accepted students 💀That opus email breaking hearts 💔
Got another financial aid email… my heart cannot handle this 😅
lcm.md.mom
Full Member
The preclinical and clinical years are both pass/fail as of this M1 year.Is this school true pass fail? If so which years?
so if i didnt get an email this means i did not get in?A Just now! 🙂 via an email from the Multicultural Affairs office, telling me I’ve been accepted and am invited to a second look! Interviewed Monday lol
Anyone get acceptance mail today?? IS or OOS??
medschoolapplicant1999
Full Member
The preclinical and clinical years are both pass/fail as of this M1 year.
Follow up question: are there internal rankings? I.e. will residencies know our ranking in the class (quartiles, etc)?
According to the faculty, there are no internal rankings.Follow up question: are there internal rankings? I.e. will residencies know our ranking in the class (quartiles, etc)?
Has anybody interviewed but *didn't* receive financial aid/OPUS emails?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
No but I’m starting to just lose faith since I interviewed in early January lolAnybody get a notification on informed delivery?
scullybean
Full Member
In the same boat <3 not over till it’s over tho!!No but I’m starting to just lose faith since I interviewed in early January lol
Did you interview on the 27th?Just got my envelope in the mail today! Interviewed late Feb, IS! 🙂
Do they ever officially waitlist people or do they just not reject post II?
They send alternate list offers at end of March. But they send one to everyone so you’re up against up to 300 people depending on how many wrote the alternate list essayDo they ever officially waitlist people or do they just not reject post II?
I work for Emory and somehow they’ve linked my work email with my application so I get emails about financial aid at work and at home 🥲Got another financial aid email… my heart cannot handle this 😅
No, I interviewed the week beforeDid you interview on the 27th?
Does the alt list essay submission become available at end of March as well then?? Sorry for the excessive traffic on here just in a panic state lolThey send alternate list offers at end of March. But they send one to everyone so you’re up against up to 300 people depending on how many wrote the alternate list essay
The week of the 13th or the 20th?No, I interviewed the week before
Yeah I think so. Last year they send them out around March 20th I think. You can accept the alternative offer and write an essay up to 1000 words about why you want to go to Emory/why you’re a good fit. But very few people get in off the alternate list unfortunatelyDoes the alt list essay submission become available at end of March as well then?? Sorry for the excessive traffic on here just in a panic state lol
Yeah, I honestly wish they hadn’t gotten my hopes up by giving me an II and my interview going really wellSo I guess that’s a wrap then
hopefulfuturemed123
Full Member
I'd give it a few more days. I've been told that that I've been accepted through email, but the letter hasn't showed up on informed delivery yet.So I guess that’s a wrap then
Week of the 20thThe week of the 13th or the 20th?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Congrats! Was it the multicultural affairs email?I'd give it a few more days. I've been told that that I've been accepted through email, but the letter hasn't showed up on informed delivery yet.
No. I got my acceptance through the mail. It’s my understanding that only select groups receive their acceptance through a multicultural email.Congrats! Was it the multicultural affairs email?
Yeah you have to be URM I believeNo. I got my acceptance through the mail. It’s my understanding that only select groups receive their acceptance through a multicultural email.
hopefulfuturemed123
Full Member
The letter has showed up on my informed delivery! OOS, northeast.