2022-2023 Emory

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Pre-II R yesterday (2/27/2023), complete late July, OOS, ORM, LM 76

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
The final decision release date is on the 6th. I believe the letters are being signed and mailed today though.

A Just now! :) via an email from the Multicultural Affairs office, telling me I’ve been accepted and am invited to a second look! Interviewed Monday lol

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 4 users
Just got an email from OPUS (financial aid) saying my account was set up, but I haven’t gotten an acceptance yet. Did anyone else get this?

I just received an email that my "Emory School of Medicine record in OPUS has been created" and that "Financial aid awards are expected to be posted the first week of April for all accepted applicants with a complete financial aid application." But I haven't been accepted yet... anyone else?

Reactions: 2 users
I just received an email that my "Emory School of Medicine record in OPUS has been created" and that "Financial aid awards are expected to be posted the first week of April for all accepted applicants with a complete financial aid application." But I haven't been accepted yet... anyone else?
Yes me too

Reactions: 1 user
+1

I logged into OPUS and it says student applicant ID 🫤

Members don't see this ad :)
Spoke with admissions staff. This letter was sent to everyone interviewed and still in the running.

why on earth would they start the email with "We are happy to report". Its like they did that on purpose to crush our souls

A Just now! :) via an email from the Multicultural Affairs office, telling me I’ve been accepted and am invited to a second look! Interviewed Monday lol
so if i didnt get an email this means i did not get in?

Has anybody interviewed but *didn't* receive financial aid/OPUS emails?

Just got my envelope in the mail today! Interviewed late Feb, IS! :)

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
Do they ever officially waitlist people or do they just not reject post II?
They send alternate list offers at end of March. But they send one to everyone so you’re up against up to 300 people depending on how many wrote the alternate list essay

Got another financial aid email… my heart cannot handle this 😅
I work for Emory and somehow they’ve linked my work email with my application so I get emails about financial aid at work and at home 🥲

• Haha
They send alternate list offers at end of March. But they send one to everyone so you’re up against up to 300 people depending on how many wrote the alternate list essay
Does the alt list essay submission become available at end of March as well then?? Sorry for the excessive traffic on here just in a panic state lol

Does the alt list essay submission become available at end of March as well then?? Sorry for the excessive traffic on here just in a panic state lol
Yeah I think so. Last year they send them out around March 20th I think. You can accept the alternative offer and write an essay up to 1000 words about why you want to go to Emory/why you’re a good fit. But very few people get in off the alternate list unfortunately

So I guess that’s a wrap then

Congrats! Was it the multicultural affairs email?
No. I got my acceptance through the mail. It’s my understanding that only select groups receive their acceptance through a multicultural email.

No. I got my acceptance through the mail. It’s my understanding that only select groups receive their acceptance through a multicultural email.
Yeah you have to be URM I believe

Can someone post when their portal updates? Still hanging onto every last thread of hope but also want to know when to stop hoping