2022-2023 Emory

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Can someone post when their portal updates? Still hanging onto every last thread of hope but also want to know when to stop hoping
Should be Wednesday around noon

Members don't see this ad.

Letter received, OOS, northeast as well! Interviewed 2/24 and very excited!
Can confirm the letter says portals will update tomorrow at noon.
Anyone know if they've announced a second look yet? I know someone earlier in the thread said it might be virtual but I'm wondering if they've made any new updates.

Reactions: 1 user
Letter received, OOS, northeast as well! Interviewed 2/24 and very excited!
Can confirm the letter says portals will update tomorrow at noon.
Anyone know if they've announced a second look yet? I know someone earlier in the thread said it might be virtual but I'm wondering if they've made any new updates.

There are a few options for in person tours in April! You’ll see once you join FB group :)

Members don't see this ad :)
:( don't know what I did wrong. hoping to be on the waitlist but not at the same time so the wait can just be over.

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
:( don't know what I did wrong. hoping to be on the waitlist but not at the same time so the wait can just be over.
I feel the same way. I think Emory just looks for a very specific type of student and that’s why the stats range of accepted students is so wide. It’s hard, but we should not see it as something we did wrong. Everyone who got an interview was good enough to succeed at Emory, we just maybe didn’t have the specific experiences they were looking for

• Care
Reactions: 6 users
Did anyone that didn't get an A yet apply for institutional financial aid yet?

Random question but what day of the week are exams? Mondays? Fridays? And any days off?

Asking because another school im considering has tests on fridays and then a monday “wellness” day right after so wondering if this is same at emory?

Members don't see this ad :)
Random question but what day of the week are exams? Mondays? Fridays? And any days off?

Asking because another school im considering has tests on fridays and then a monday “wellness” day right after so wondering if this is same at emory?
98% of our exams are on Fridays. they plan it that way so we have one "free" weekend after every module

I haven’t completed the CSS profile so would mine even show what y’all are talking about?

Thoughts on Emory vs BU?
Lived in both. ATL >>>> BOS bc COL, no snow, traffic (overall), more adult feel to city (Bos is ~1/2 college students most of the year), entertainment is cheaper (can go to concerts, sports events, etc without breaking the bank). If money is not an issue for you and you like doing late stuff in a city with a really big dating pool, Boston is great. If you are already coupled up and trying to save some money, ATL is great for that. Really depends on where you are in your life. In terms of institutional resources, Emory >> BU. However, idk how common it is for BU students to rotate at the numerous Boston hospitals. For Emory, the med school is affiliated with Emory U hospital (main campus and midtown) Children’s (has multiple locations), Grady, and others. Emory is also quite literally 5 mins away from the CDC. tbh a motivated student would probably do well anywhere.

Reactions: 1 users
Lived in both. ATL >>>> BOS bc COL, no snow, traffic (overall), more adult feel to city (Bos is ~1/2 college students most of the year), entertainment is cheaper (can go to concerts, sports events, etc without breaking the bank). If money is not an issue for you and you like doing late stuff in a city with a really big dating pool, Boston is great. If you are already coupled up and trying to save some money, ATL is great for that. Really depends on where you are in your life. In terms of institutional resources, Emory >> BU. However, idk how common it is for BU students to rotate at the numerous Boston hospitals. For Emory, the med school is affiliated with Emory U hospital (main campus and midtown) Children’s (has multiple locations), Grady, and others. Emory is also quite literally 5 mins away from the CDC. tbh a motivated student would probably do well anywhere.
You are a hero tysm for taking the time!!

anyone hear abt woodruff yet?
So I went ahead and emailed admissions about the status of this... and I got an email back saying their fin aid and scholarship teams are a bit behind. Nothing has been awarded as of yet. Just thought everyone might like to know!

Reactions: 5 users
Turned in my essay and confirmed WL yesterday. I was interviewed in the first interview session, mid September.

I also changed my mind about applying to financial aid and am working on that actively, but I checked that my materials have not been submitted yet. Surely that won't affect admission if I just do it now? Like worst case I'll just not receive aid?

So I went ahead and emailed admissions about the status of this... and I got an email back saying their fin aid and scholarship teams are a bit behind. Nothing has been awarded as of yet. Just thought everyone might like to know!
Thank you!! not sure when it will go out… maybe today!