2023-2024 Emory

Started by chilly_md
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Did everyone with an A get one? I’m an accepted student and didn’t receive an email or is it just URM?
It's from the OMA which communicates with URM interviewed students, so I assume it's an event primarily targeted towards URMs, which is probably why you didn't get the email.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
In the biggest shock to date OOS II completed mid August! For those wondering there were 3 II dates left 2/12, 2/16, 2/23

For those who have interviewed already what did you receive in the packet and was it helpful? I highly doubt I get my in time for my interview
Congrats!!! Did they say something about how it was only due to a cancellation?
 
Congrats!!! Did they say something about how it was only due to a cancellation?
Nope-- there were two other interview dates left when I logged into the portal too. I'm thinking they may have added a few more dates which is exciting! also Thank you!!!
 
+1 II

Any inputs on the interview? is it a relaxed interview? The admissions team is so nice I keep thinking the interview will be as well but not so sure!
One of my favorite interviews. They definitely talked extensively about the whole "interviews are a conversation" thing. It's a relaxed interview overall, but also strangely it was one of the more difficult ones for me, ngl. Just be authentic. Good luck!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
One of my favorite interviews. They definitely talked extensively about the whole "interviews are a conversation" thing. It's a relaxed interview overall, but also strangely it was one of the more difficult ones for me, ngl. Just be authentic. Good luck!
I second this. I think the 3 on 3 is a bit stressful because it feels like you're put on the spot in front of your peers and lowkey being judged relative to them, but I also used it very constructively and tried to expand on what other people said at times. But that part isn't really a conversation. It's a here's a question now you 3 each answer it in turn
 
do they accept interest updates or not quite ? i was not sure on their distinction and it didn’t seem like interest was taken
They explicitly said in my interview today they don't accept interest, intent, or thank you letters. They did say you can put updates in the textbox in their portal but to keep it strictly to new experiences, grades, etc.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm interviewing on Friday but have not received the letter/packet yet, will I also receive interview information via email? (also, do they give information on the interviewers?)
This happened to me email faith levy and she will send you pdfs also if you dm me your email I can also send you them lol