2021-2022 Georgetown

Started by wysdoc
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Question to people who interviewed, does it matter if we have a student vs staff interviewer? Is one weighted more than the other? Is who you get any indication of your place as an applicant?
They said on the info sesh the day before that both students and staff have equal weight in the process. I interviewed with a student and thought it was great. It's an extra opportunity to get an insider's perspective!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Has anyone’s complete date passed in terms of rejections yet has not been invited for an interview (just silence)?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anybody else have any trouble actually viewing the thank you note that you uploaded onto the acknowledgement section? For me, every time i try to view the pdf file, it just sends me to the login screen?
 
Does anybody else have any trouble actually viewing the thank you note that you uploaded onto the acknowledgement section? For me, every time i try to view the pdf file, it just sends me to the login screen?
go to interview section and there is a subsection named ack. section. Then click on "view pdf file"
 
Is Georgetown worth adding at this point? I could turn around their secondary in a day. But I applied 2x to them before, and I'm guessing it's pretty late in the cycle?
 
Is Georgetown worth adding at this point? I could turn around their secondary in a day. But I applied 2x to them before, and I'm guessing it's pretty late in the cycle?
There’s chance you’ll get an II even if you apply the day before. With that said, unless you have a much stronger app this time around, strong ties to the school, and cash to burn, I’d suggest putting the efforts on the update letters for schools you’ve applied already.

Just my 2 cents…
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
LM ~ 71, ORM! I was complete 9/17. I think I had a decent mission fit & hinted at ties to the region, not sure if that matters!
Congrats!! What was the earliest date you found for an interview? I'm hearing from people that the earliest date available is December?
 
Congrats!! What was the earliest date you found for an interview? I'm hearing from people that the earliest date available is December?
I got a date in early November! But they seem to be rapid firing both IIs and pre-II Rs so I wouldn’t be too surprised if the earliest date is currently in Dec
 
when do decisions come out for people who interviewed early September?
Website says 8-10 weeks after your interview. But SDN says otherwise... 1st A = 10/16-28, 1st WL = 10/15-28, and 1st Post-II R 10/21-11/6. Data below, although keep in mind it's not very helpful due to limited and vague responses.

2020-2021
  • 10/15 Waitlist
    • Interviewed: 9/1-9
  • 10/16 Acceptance
    • Interviewed: 9/3-10,
  • 10/21 Waitlist
    • Interviewed: 9/15
  • 10/21-22 Post-II Rejection
    • Interviewed: 9/9-11
  • 10/23 Accepted
    • Interviewed: 9/9-30
  • 10/30 Accepted
    • Interviewed: 9/15
  • 11/4 Waitlist
    • Interviewed: 9/22
2019-2020
  • 10/28 Acceptance
    • Interviewed: Late Aug
  • 10/28 Waitlist
    • Interviewed: 8/20-9/4
  • 11/6 Acceptance
    • Interviewed: Early sept-9/12
  • 11/6 Waitlist
    • Interviewed: 9/6-9
  • 11/6 Post-II Rejection
    • Interviewed: 9/4
  • 11/9 Acceptance
    • Interviewed: 9/18
  • 11/11 Post-II Rejection
    • Interviewed: 9/12-23
  • 11/11 Waitlist
    • Interviewed: 9/9-24
2018-2019
  • 10/22 Waitlist
    • Interviewed: 8/28
  • 10/23 Acceptance
    • Interviewed: 9/4-6
  • 10/25 Post-II Rejection
    • Interviewed: 9/11
  • 11/14 Acceptance
    • Interviewed: Late Sept
  • 11/14 Waitlist
    • Interviewed: Late Sept, 9-24
  • 11/14 Rejection
    • Interviewed: Mid September
2017-2018
  • 10/17 Acceptance
    • Interviewed: 8/31
  • 10/17 Waitlist
    • Interviewed: Late Aug-9/7
  • 10/23 Waitlist
    • Interviewed: Mid sept, 9/19-21
  • 10/27 Waitlist
    • Interviewed: 9/27
 
Pre-II R. Complete 8/28. I’ve been obsessively lurking on this channel for weeks so I’m glad to know the final decision now
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad