2021-2022 Georgetown

Started by wysdoc
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Can someone explain when to send LoI's / what to include? I interviewed 9/30, but I'm pretty sure my interview went pretty poorly (my interviewer GRILLED me on international healthcare so rip). Georgetown is one of my top choices, but I never got to express that in my interview because it didn't come up...

They didn't ask why gtown??
 
Nope! I got why medicine and then the conversation went towards international healthcare and policy... which was a big yikes for me. I was also asked what do I NOT like about Georgetown and DC... errr... yeah. Also why other schools (Hopkins, Harvard) are better than Gerogetown. Needless to say, my interviewer really threw me for a loop.
They didn't ask why gtown??
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I just sent in my fifth letter of recommendation after interviewing early September. Have yet to hear back about a decision, should I submit an update via the portal that a fifth letter is coming?
 
Sorry if this has already been answered, but is it important to send letters of intent post II and awaiting response? Or save for when waitlisted?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anyone know if interviewing with a student is a good sign? Have my interview coming up (not sure who I’m paired with) and just curious—like it seems 1000% easier to interview with a student
 
Does anyone know if interviewing with a student is a good sign? Have my interview coming up (not sure who I’m paired with) and just curious—like it seems 1000% easier to interview with a student
I had my interview last week and it was with a 4th year medical student. Personally, I found it so much more relaxed and she even said it's supposed to be low-key and just a conversation. Best of luck!
 
I had my interview last week and it was with a 4th year medical student. Personally, I found it so much more relaxed and she even said it's supposed to be low-key and just a conversation. Best of luck!
so my point here is that, was it on purpose because they liked our application A LOT and will give us an M4 to be chill? Just curious since people might be able to do way better performance/relationship wise with a student
 
so my point here is that, was it on purpose because they liked our application A LOT and will give us an M4 to be chill? Just curious since people might be able to do way better performance/relationship wise with a student
Your interview invite indicates that they liked your app a lot! Schools just put in the effort to provide an interviewer who has a lot in common with you to provide a better interview experience. Nothing more than that. Another school intentionally assigned me to a urologist because I have a lot of clinical experience in a urology office.

Personally, I had better experiences with faculty members and residents than with students. Every M4 interviewer grilled or interrogated me (including gtown), while every faculty member/resident was extremely nice. Every interviewer is different, and you can only find out his/her style after the first 5 mins of your interview.
 
Your interview invite indicates that they liked your app a lot! Schools just put in the effort to provide an interviewer who has a lot in common with you to provide a better interview experience. Nothing more than that. Another school intentionally assigned me to a urologist because I have a lot of clinical experience in a urology office.

Personally, I had better experiences with faculty members and residents than with students. Every M4 interviewer grilled or interrogated me (including gtown), while every faculty member/resident was extremely nice. Every interviewer is different, and you can only find out his/her style after the first 5 mins of your interview.
They interrogated you?
 
Has everyone who submitted mid September or earlier heard something back yet (R or II)?

Wondering if anyone else is getting the silent treatment
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Pre-II R. 3.6 GPA, 515 MCAT. Thought I was a strong mission fit with low SES, first Gen status, >10K meaningful service hours and commitment to serving a marginalized group but oh well. Sad but can't win em all. Good luck everyone!!
 
Has everyone who submitted mid September or earlier heard something back yet (R or II)?

Wondering if anyone else is getting the silent treatment
I was complete 9/29 and received an interview invite on 10/19 so I definitely think they're still reviewing late applicants! I had a 3.55 overall gpa and 511!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I was complete 9/29 and received an interview invite on 10/19 so I definitely think they're still reviewing late applicants! I had a 3.55 overall gpa and 511!
Nice! When were the earliest interview times? I feel like this school has already sent out so many IIs
 
Nice! When were the earliest interview times? I feel like this school has already sent out so many IIs
The earliest was December 2nd I believe! I think they're still rolling out some more interviews since there were so many slots open for December and January!
 
Georgetown has a reputation for highly valuing service and clinical hours.

I’m curious to hear from those who’ve received interviews or acceptances, about the extent of your nonclinical volunteering and clinical experiences.

Thanks and good fortune to all.
 
Georgetown has a reputation for highly valuing service and clinical hours.

I’m curious to hear from those who’ve received interviews or acceptances, about the extent of your nonclinical volunteering and clinical experiences.

Thanks and good fortune to all.
I've had over 1000 hours of clinical experience and about 500 hours of volunteer work total.

Based on my experience, my take was that they really care and value social justice and efforts by applicants that contributed to that cause.